“Good downtown location”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We pretty much just slept here. We had a lot of activities planned so did not use the hotel much. It was quiet, with nice white bedding, so I was happy.

The pool tempted me, but alas I never made it there. The elevator was very slow, so be prepared.

We would stay again. Love the local flair of Downtown Chattanooga!

If you happen to stop in the Mellow Mushroom, please tell your server to tell Alex to call his Mom. :) Alex is a cook so you won't be able to tell him yourself.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The bartender Hayley was most excellent! She was very attentive to all our needs. She went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. She really made our stay so worthwhile! She was the sweetest person and the hotel really hit the jackpot in hiring her!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I asked for room facing river. We were on 6th or 7th floor. It was great to be able to sit outside on the terrace at night and have a couple brewskies and watch people and street below. They were setting up for the Riverbend Festival at the time.
The staff was friendly and helpful and had some discount coupons for restaurants so check that out. I was warm the first night we stayed there, but made sure the curtains were away from the air-conditioner and that helped a lot. But also this was in MAY so might get hotter in summer? At least it ran pretty quiet which I have had bad experience with really loud air-conditioners in hotel rooms elsewhere. Also the rooms seemed to be insulated well, we didn't hear much noise outside our room.
It was nice to have Starbucks right there in the building. We went for breakfast and it was good and the cost was not much more than most restaurants...Most around didn't seem to be open for breakfast.
It was convenient to everything. IMAX theater was across the street, Discovery Center a block away, and ball park close also. Also a couple of ice cream places. Also close to Aquarium which we will check out the next time we are there. There were also quite a few restaurants within 3 blocks including Big River Brew which had excellent food. We went on River Cruise and that was the farthest we had to walk, but still walkable, maybe 5 or 6 blocks.
We will be back in the fall and stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a terrace facing the river if you can. It was so much more enjoyable when we came b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Friendly staff, clean spacious rooms with vibrant colors. Comfortable bedding, nice size bathrooms. Nice indoor pool and hottub but room was too warm to stay in for any length of time. Convenient to most all downtown attractions.
Great place to stay if you are visiting the aquarium or I-Max.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cid B
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location is just about as good as it gets, We stayed as two familys and it is close to everything, although with a free trolly bus, everything is close by.
The rooms were average by Marriott's standards, could of done with a refurb.
The pool was freezing cold (too cold for all of us) the heater had broken but the A/C had been left running.
The staff could not be faulted, helpful and polite.

If they have refurbed since my visit, this would be 5 stars.

Room Tip: They are all good,
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GarethOLeary
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was in Chattanooga for festival and the Courtyard was right at the entrance so the location couldn't have been any better. Customer service was friendly and helpful. The room looked to be updated and had a nice view. The bed was comfy and I loved the pillows. The small was sofa in the room was a nice touch and came in handy when we had guests visit.
I liked the noon check-out time. I didn't care for the parking as far as the deck not being connected so you have to walk outside to get to the hotel.
Also, I ate at the Starbucks inside the hotel. Delicious but seemed a little pricey for a coffee and sandwich.
The main things I look for is great customer service and a very comfortable and extremely clean room. Courtyard had both and the location was a bonus. I will return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

While the location is great, I feel like the rooms could use some upgrading. Upon walking in the room, I did not feel like the room was entirely clean. When I tried to open the shower door, it was stuck and I had to manhandle it to get it open. When I looked down at the door, it looked like there was mold on the bottom of the door. There was a jacuzzi tub in the corner of the bathroom. I would not step foot in that tub. The nozzles looked a little dirty. I can just imagine what the water inside looked like. My major complaint was that the air conditioner did not cool the room sufficiently. I was awoken in the middle of the night because I was too hot. My last complaint was that there was no safe in the room. It did, however, have a small refrigerator and the small bar in the lobby was nice as was the Starbucks.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lov1ngtennis
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at our property. I am sorry you did not feel like our Courtyard was up to standards. We are due for a renovation next year, and hope you will return to see the finished rooms!

At your service,