All reviewsgreat locationwithin walking distancechildren's museumbaseball stadiumcreative discovery museumtennessee aquariumbig rivermovie theaternice hotelbreakfast buffetfront desk staffa great place to stayindoor poolstaff was very friendlyparking lotfree shuttleruby falls
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Kid friendly. Kids love the pool and the cookies in the lobby. The location was great. It is very close to the Aquarium, the IMAx, the Chattanooga Ducks and the baseball stadium. The breakfast was a little high in price at $9.99 but there are plenty other places close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI-ManagerChatt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your response very much! We love to hear great responses like yours! We strive to make every guest experience as close to perfect as possible and I am glad we were able to do that for you! We hope to see you on your next visit to Chattanooga! Thank you again!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Best thing about the hotel is location, though, the Courtyard is slightly better situated for the restaurants and parking (in a deck). Pretty amazing what they get per night in this part of downtown compared to other areas of Chattanooga. I paid over $200 which is more than downtown Chicago right now. This HGI has a little different feel to it than others I've stayed in. Starting with the corridors, a funky carpet tile layout adorns the hallways. Lighting is cool fluorescent. That coupled with the dark carpet tile gives it a very uninviting feel as you head to your room. Rooms themselves are standard HGI, though, this one seemed as if it needed a re-freshening. I wasn't crazy about it overall and would look to stay elsewhere for the money next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BigDaveB10

Thank you for completing a review on our property. We appreciate your feedback very much. I want to personally apologize for your experiences that you had while staying with us. I have great memories of playing in the hotel pool when I was growing up and I hate that we were unable to make a memorable experience for you and your family. I am sharing your response with all members of management and we will be getting these issues corrected. We have now fixed our pool and it is back in full service. Again, I do apologize for this experience. I would like to invite you back to our hotel the next time you are in Chattanooga. I can assure you our hotel will be different the next time you visit with us!

Reviewed 29 March 2013

The good stuff first 1) very close to Discovery Center, Aquarium, IMAX, and other fun Chattanooga attractions. We walked all over downtown. 2) our room was clean. 3) our room was dark with the lights off (hotels generally have way too much ambient light). The bad stuff- 1) the whirlpool was broken and the pool was freezing. We chose this hotel for 2 reasons- the location and the pool/whirlpool. My 7 year old couldn't stay in the pool long because of the temperature and the whirlpool was cold. That meant a lot of restless activity in the room when we should have been working out that energy in the pool. Parents, that means big STRESS, right?! Finally, the male waitstaff in the dining room had deplorable service skills. He spoke to one customer about his ex-wife throughout our breakfast there. The female waitstaff bussed tables, replenished drinks and greeted guests. Even though she wasn't covering our table, I made sure she got our tip.
We've stayed here 3 times total and the first two visits were lovely, but I'm afraid this will be our last. This is just too much money to have so many disappointing events in one stay.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
HGI-ManagerChatt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. Very impressed with the staff - everywhere you turned someone was asking if everything was OK and to see if you needed anything. Very clean. Pretty lobby and breakfast area. Breakfast is about $10.00/person, but a VERY good value for all that you get, and the convenience of not leaving the property. Great location, within walking distance to restaurants and river front area. Right across street from baseball stadium and walking distance to the aquarium.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This was one of the best trips I've ever had in Chattanooga and I've been visiting every year for 15 years. The people that work here made this trip so much better than the hotel alone ever could. It was our 2nd anniversary and we would had our 11 month old with us. Rebecca upgraded our room to a king whirlpool when I called to request a crib for the baby. Kurt gave us great suggestions for places to eat and was able to provide discounts to many of the local restaurants. The one day we had rain the front desk provided an umbrella for us to use for the day. The room was lovely with the whirlpool and balcony, so relaxing each evening after walking all day. Everything downtown is within walking distance and Lookout Mountain/Ruby Falls are just a short drive.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple