“Good job”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Nice hotel. Their handling of our school trip's paperwork was excellent. The downtown location was great, just down from the Aquarium. Staff was friendly and professional. Wouldn't have minded some included breakfast though.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 April 2013

After a small glitch at check in, the front desk staff more than made up for the issue. In addition they were very helpful in recommending restaurants in the local area that were terrific and giving us discount coupons. Although we didnt have an time to explore much, the hotel location is ideal; next to the children's museum and many great restaurants.

1  Thank Ann K
HGI-ManagerChatt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your response very much! We love to hear great responses like yours! We strive to make every guest experience as close to perfect as possible and I am glad we were able to do that for you! We hope to see you on your next visit to Chattanooga! Thank you again!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Pros: very clean, very good service and staff, great breakfast, excellent location.

Cons: indoor pool very small and way too chlorinated. My eyes were burning from sitting at side of pool, and my two year old had a skin reaction to the water and could not stay in. Parking spots are very narrow and I had to wait until multiple cars left, just so I could find one that my car would fit in enough to make it 50/50 that my doors would not get dinged.

With that said, I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SteveO95

Thank you for your review of our property. We are so glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sharing your survey with all members of our staff. Surveys like yours always bring smiles to our employee's faces! We would love to see you back with us soon! Please be sure to say hello when you are here! I would love to meet you! Thank you again!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

My overall experience with my stay at this hotel was satisfying. The room had a unusual odor to it. While not a overwhelming odor, just different. There was a wash cloth behind the TV stand that had been there a while it appeared. The wait staff was excellent, and the restaurant was acceptable.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Kid friendly. Kids love the pool and the cookies in the lobby. The location was great. It is very close to the Aquarium, the IMAx, the Chattanooga Ducks and the baseball stadium. The breakfast was a little high in price at $9.99 but there are plenty other places close by.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Best thing about the hotel is location, though, the Courtyard is slightly better situated for the restaurants and parking (in a deck). Pretty amazing what they get per night in this part of downtown compared to other areas of Chattanooga. I paid over $200 which is more than downtown Chicago right now. This HGI has a little different feel to it than others I've stayed in. Starting with the corridors, a funky carpet tile layout adorns the hallways. Lighting is cool fluorescent. That coupled with the dark carpet tile gives it a very uninviting feel as you head to your room. Rooms themselves are standard HGI, though, this one seemed as if it needed a re-freshening. I wasn't crazy about it overall and would look to stay elsewhere for the money next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BigDaveB10

Thank you for completing a review on our property. We appreciate your feedback very much. I want to personally apologize for your experiences that you had while staying with us. I have great memories of playing in the hotel pool when I was growing up and I hate that we were unable to make a memorable experience for you and your family. I am sharing your response with all members of management and we will be getting these issues corrected. We have now fixed our pool and it is back in full service. Again, I do apologize for this experience. I would like to invite you back to our hotel the next time you are in Chattanooga. I can assure you our hotel will be different the next time you visit with us!

Reviewed 29 March 2013

The good stuff first 1) very close to Discovery Center, Aquarium, IMAX, and other fun Chattanooga attractions. We walked all over downtown. 2) our room was clean. 3) our room was dark with the lights off (hotels generally have way too much ambient light). The bad stuff- 1) the whirlpool was broken and the pool was freezing. We chose this hotel for 2 reasons- the location and the pool/whirlpool. My 7 year old couldn't stay in the pool long because of the temperature and the whirlpool was cold. That meant a lot of restless activity in the room when we should have been working out that energy in the pool. Parents, that means big STRESS, right?! Finally, the male waitstaff in the dining room had deplorable service skills. He spoke to one customer about his ex-wife throughout our breakfast there. The female waitstaff bussed tables, replenished drinks and greeted guests. Even though she wasn't covering our table, I made sure she got our tip.
We've stayed here 3 times total and the first two visits were lovely, but I'm afraid this will be our last. This is just too much money to have so many disappointing events in one stay.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
HGI-ManagerChatt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.