“Great Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel is in the heart of downtown Chattanooga. You can walk to just about anything you want. The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are clean. The breakfast buffet is very well stocked with all your breakfast favorites-and all for only ten bucks. The pool is small, but clean and refreshing. There is a patio area that is fun to relax in and people watch. The parking lot is close and convenient for coming and going. If you like baseball, the hotel sits right in front of the AA affiliate of the LA Dodgers, Chattanooga Lookouts ball field. I will definitely stay here again and recommend this place to anyone planning a visit to downtown.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
HGI-ManagerChatt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

For your kind words. I also enjoy the patio and is a wonderful area, with the fire place, to meeting with your friends to enjoy a drink and watch the people go by. We look forward to seeing again soon, don't forget to ask the front desk about discounts to your favorite restaurants. There is a lot to do downtown and we are at the heart if it.

Thanks again,

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Upon arrival, the front desk person was very friendly and helpful - and upgraded us to a room with a balcony. My husband is a HHonors member so they were able to do that. They had tea, water and cookies available near the reception area.

The common areas looked very well kept and updated. The room, however, was not. As we entered the room it smelled musty and the bathtub was had mold in the corner. The carpeting smelled awful. Either they put carpet freshener that has a bad odor on it, or they have a problem with chemicals emiting from it. Since we were only going to stay one night, we decided to just deal with it. It was probably one of the better rooms anyway. The bed was uncomfortable. The amenties in the bathroom were very nice - better than average.

We had a drink outside on the patio and shortly into our evening a woman comes out and yells out to the two couples that were out there that she would be locking the door and we could go out the gate and walk to another door to get back into the hotel. The message was fine, but the delivery was ridiculous. To be yelled at as if you are on a school playground is unacceptable. She could have come over to each couple - a total of 2 couples - to let us know. I thought it was completely classless.

The fitness center was adequate had decent cardio equipment. The pool looked well kept.

They have a buffet breakfast for $9.95 - we didn't get there in time, but it seemed like a good deal.

Overall, if you're just passing through for one night, it will do. Any more than one night and I would stay somewhere else.

Dear Adequate,

My name is Mark Zielke and I am the front desk manager. I am delighted to hear the wonderful things said about my front desk staff. I take a lot of pride in the quality of people we have in the front desk department. I am however not happy at all with your comments about your stay. Adequate is not good enough for me or my staff. We want your stay to be a 10. Nothing else will make me happy. When you come back the next time don't just decide to deal with it! I want to know and so does my staff. Call the front desk so we can do what ever it takes to make this the best stay you ever had at a hotel. WE WILL go the extra mile to show you we are the best, but things do happen and we want to know. Tell us and let us prove it. Actions speak louder than words.

Mark Zielke, Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Spent a long weekend in TN with my family. We wanted a hotel with an indoor pool for our children; 6yrs & 8yrs.
We tend to prefer the Hilton group but also use Marriott and cheaper motels depending on our situation.
This place hit all the right notes!
The rooms are pleasant, the facilities are well maintained but most importantly the staff are "wonderful"!
Talk about going above and beyond; I've stayed in hotels throughout the world and it comes down to 3 things: A good shower, a good bed and the Hotel staff that really influence the pleasure of your stay.
Sure there were a one or two minor points I could talk about but the people were so nice I cannot bring myself to mention them!
BRAVO to the Hilton Garden Inn Associates and please keep up the good work!

Chattanooga TN is well within driving distance for a quick getaway and we will certainly be returning in the future with H.G.I. being our first choice for accommodation!

Also, the location is ideal to walk to all the attractions in the downtown area. Our children really enjoyed the Children's museum which is adjacent to this hotel as is the baseball park, Imax and Cinema.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
HGI-ManagerChatt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you BC.

We take great pride in the quality of our staff and it is always nice to hear our guests brag on them. Be it P.J. greeting you at the curb or any of our front desk staff helping you find a great place to eat, we all are dedicated to your stay being a perfect 10. We look forward to seeing you again soon, please tell your friends about the hidden jewel you found in Chattanooga.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Just came back from a 3 night stay on this hotel. By the time I left Monday it was like saying goodbye to friends instead of staff. Location is perfect for touring..... Even by foot! Hotel is lovely, friendly , and I'm very much looking forward to a return trip. Beautiful city.....terrific hotel! Convenience with class!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank BlBosler
HGI-ManagerChatt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

I could not have said it better myself! Thank you so much for the stellar review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Location downtown was convenient to many restaurants & attractions ( IMAX & Aquarium, within walking distance, close to the river and near to a bridge to walk over and cross the river, next door to the Childrens' Museum, you can purchase full breakfast to order, nice facilities, nice sized room, king size pillow top bed, nice indoor pool and spa. Convenience of a business center. Free broadband wired and wireless internet

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Robert J

Thank you so much for the great review! Everything that you have stated is absolutely correct. Whenever you decide to head back to our area please give us a call or visit the front desk and we'll give you some great ideas for restaurants and other attractions in the area. Thanks again for your support and we sure hope to see you again sooner than later my friend.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We are currently on a road trip in the Deep South of the U.S and staying at Hilton's across the region.

This Hilton was along the same lines as the others. Staff very hospitable and the room, and facilities within it and across the hotel, very good.

The only slight let down was the breakfast. The orange juice seemed powdered or sub standard to other Hilton's; the fruit at breakfast was very limited, mainly pineapple and water melon. We asked for poached eggs for breakfast and I can only imagine this is a very unusual request for this hotel as they were not particularly good - of my two one was hard and the other way too runny.

Room Tip: It may be best to avoid the breakfast. Everything else is very good.
1  Thank Stevedunne1
HGI-ManagerChatt, Director of Food and Beverage at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Hi, this LaDonald Bryant, the Director if food and beverage. I would first like to thank you for the review of our property. We are so glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sharing your survey with all members of our staff. Surveys like yours always bring smiles to our employee's faces! We would love to see you back with us soon! Also, I am very sorry about the quality of breakfast items offered. I pride myself on giving each of our guests the best quality items as possible. I would like to speak with you personally about this issue, so I can continue to improve the breakfast we offer. I apologize again and look forward to hearing from you. If I can do anything else, please let me know. Have a great day!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

This was by far the best hotel experience I have had during ten years of business trips to Chattanooga. The accomodations and service were superior to the local competition with which I am very familiar. The management was welcoming and provided valuable asisstance when asked. The quaility and cleanliness of my accomodations were definitely worth the cost, as was the dining experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business