“Great place for downtown Chattanooga”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #10 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alpharetta, United States
“Great place for downtown Chattanooga”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This place is great. It's clean, modern, very efficient, and secure. I always sleep great here and the staff are very helpful. The amenities are incredible as well (pool, gym, patio/bar area). Its walking distance from all the restaurants and bars in downtown Chattanooga too. I highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Darren H
HGI-ManagerChatt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2013

We always love to hear great things about the hotel and your stay. This is a great city and we are in the center of it all. We have a great staff dedicated to your stay always being a 10. I hope you get to come back soon.

Yours in Hospitality,

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is a really nice hotel. I read other reviews and was a bit concerned because of so many mixed reviews. I am pretty picky when it comes to hotels. We stayed in a master suite and it was just perfect for our one year anniversary. It is in walking distance of everything. Once we parked our car, that was it. That was one of the best parts. Given that the room was great and its location made this a great place to stay. I did read a review that the mattress was firm. I must confirm that to be true. Other than that, the hotel room was nice and the staff was nice. Also we went on a holiday weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Lakesh S
HGI-ManagerChatt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 31 May 2013

My name is Mark Zielke and I am the front desk manager, I am glad to hear that you are "pretty picky" and concider us a great place to stay. May I suggest that you try sleeping in one of our king bed rooms, for they have a mattress that has an ajustable firmness control. Make it as soft as you like. I love our downtown, everything is very close to the hotel so you can have a great time on the town and then walk 2-3 blocks to get back to the hotel. During the summer the city has free music concerts Friday and Saturday nights. The front desk has more information on what is going on in downtown, please talk to us to find out what you would enjoy the most.

Thanks,

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager
Covington, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I took our 6 year old grandaughter to Chattanooga for the Memorial Day weekend. At the suggestion of a friend we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown. What a wonderful location. We parked our car when we checked in and never got in the car again until we left for home. The hotel was clean, the staff extremely friendly and helpful and the food excellent. Not to mention that the location is within walking distance to sooooo many attractions. We walked to the waterfront, the aquarium, the Imax, many many restaurants, and much much more. Chattanooga also has a minor league baseball team in which the stadium is directly behind this hotel. There was no noise from the stadium and our room overlooked it. We did get to see a great fireworks show from the comfort of our room though. Great job Hilton!!! Keep up the good work and we DEFINITELY will recommend this location to others.

Hello Lisa,

My name is Mark Zielke, the front desk manager, I hope you made it across the river to the merry-go-round. There is great park across the river with free bus service by the city. Chattanooga is a very child friendly city and we are the heart of it all. The next time you come into town ask for me and I know of some great ways to spend the day here. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerly,

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel is in the heart of downtown Chattanooga. You can walk to just about anything you want. The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are clean. The breakfast buffet is very well stocked with all your breakfast favorites-and all for only ten bucks. The pool is small, but clean and refreshing. There is a patio area that is fun to relax in and people watch. The parking lot is close and convenient for coming and going. If you like baseball, the hotel sits right in front of the AA affiliate of the LA Dodgers, Chattanooga Lookouts ball field. I will definitely stay here again and recommend this place to anyone planning a visit to downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HGI-ManagerChatt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2013

For your kind words. I also enjoy the patio and is a wonderful area, with the fire place, to meeting with your friends to enjoy a drink and watch the people go by. We look forward to seeing again soon, don't forget to ask the front desk about discounts to your favorite restaurants. There is a lot to do downtown and we are at the heart if it.

Thanks again,

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Upon arrival, the front desk person was very friendly and helpful - and upgraded us to a room with a balcony. My husband is a HHonors member so they were able to do that. They had tea, water and cookies available near the reception area.

The common areas looked very well kept and updated. The room, however, was not. As we entered the room it smelled musty and the bathtub was had mold in the corner. The carpeting smelled awful. Either they put carpet freshener that has a bad odor on it, or they have a problem with chemicals emiting from it. Since we were only going to stay one night, we decided to just deal with it. It was probably one of the better rooms anyway. The bed was uncomfortable. The amenties in the bathroom were very nice - better than average.

We had a drink outside on the patio and shortly into our evening a woman comes out and yells out to the two couples that were out there that she would be locking the door and we could go out the gate and walk to another door to get back into the hotel. The message was fine, but the delivery was ridiculous. To be yelled at as if you are on a school playground is unacceptable. She could have come over to each couple - a total of 2 couples - to let us know. I thought it was completely classless.

The fitness center was adequate had decent cardio equipment. The pool looked well kept.

They have a buffet breakfast for $9.95 - we didn't get there in time, but it seemed like a good deal.

Overall, if you're just passing through for one night, it will do. Any more than one night and I would stay somewhere else.

Dear Adequate,

My name is Mark Zielke and I am the front desk manager. I am delighted to hear the wonderful things said about my front desk staff. I take a lot of pride in the quality of people we have in the front desk department. I am however not happy at all with your comments about your stay. Adequate is not good enough for me or my staff. We want your stay to be a 10. Nothing else will make me happy. When you come back the next time don't just decide to deal with it! I want to know and so does my staff. Call the front desk so we can do what ever it takes to make this the best stay you ever had at a hotel. WE WILL go the extra mile to show you we are the best, but things do happen and we want to know. Tell us and let us prove it. Actions speak louder than words.

Mark Zielke, Front Office Manager.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Spent a long weekend in TN with my family. We wanted a hotel with an indoor pool for our children; 6yrs & 8yrs.
We tend to prefer the Hilton group but also use Marriott and cheaper motels depending on our situation.
This place hit all the right notes!
The rooms are pleasant, the facilities are well maintained but most importantly the staff are "wonderful"!
Talk about going above and beyond; I've stayed in hotels throughout the world and it comes down to 3 things: A good shower, a good bed and the Hotel staff that really influence the pleasure of your stay.
Sure there were a one or two minor points I could talk about but the people were so nice I cannot bring myself to mention them!
BRAVO to the Hilton Garden Inn Associates and please keep up the good work!

Chattanooga TN is well within driving distance for a quick getaway and we will certainly be returning in the future with H.G.I. being our first choice for accommodation!

Also, the location is ideal to walk to all the attractions in the downtown area. Our children really enjoyed the Children's museum which is adjacent to this hotel as is the baseball park, Imax and Cinema.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
HGI-ManagerChatt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you BC.

We take great pride in the quality of our staff and it is always nice to hear our guests brag on them. Be it P.J. greeting you at the curb or any of our front desk staff helping you find a great place to eat, we all are dedicated to your stay being a perfect 10. We look forward to seeing you again soon, please tell your friends about the hidden jewel you found in Chattanooga.

Mark Zielke, Front Office Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Just came back from a 3 night stay on this hotel. By the time I left Monday it was like saying goodbye to friends instead of staff. Location is perfect for touring..... Even by foot! Hotel is lovely, friendly , and I'm very much looking forward to a return trip. Beautiful city.....terrific hotel! Convenience with class!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank BlBosler
HGI-ManagerChatt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
I could not have said it better myself! Thank you so much for the stellar review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mark Zielke, Front Office Manager