“Most uncomfortable beds EVER!”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We arrived at this hotel with high expectations due to the location and price. After checking in and entering our room, we discovered that the beds were extremely hard and very uncomfortable. They were so terrible that we were forced to check out and stay at the Courtyard Marriott next door. There were no other options. The staff reported that they were aware of how awful the beds were, and all rooms were the same. It would be impossible to rest and relax in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am sorry to hear that you do not like our queen beds. I hope that on your next stay you will try the king beds because they all have an adjustable mattress. This way you can make it as soft as you like and sleep like a baby. Thank you and come back.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The staff was excellent. The hotel was gorgeous. The rooms were very nice. Keurig coffee makers were nice to see. Location was great for Art lovers. The A/C unit was loud and didn't heat the room adequately. Good selection of TV stations, but only one set of towels per person. The price was reasonable, but ad in all the taxes and the price is a little high. Overall, it was a nice experience, but not the greatest.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am glad to hear that the service was great. And I love our art museum. It constantly surprises me of the quality and quantity in the art museum. Try to make it if you ever hear about a display of glass art, those have always been my favorite showings. I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with the heat and air. If you ever need more towels please let the front desk know and we will have them up quickly. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We arrived in the midst of a rainstorm bringing in cold temps. We loved the staff who helped us get settled even prior to check-in time. We were able to park in a Hilton Honors parking space and went about our way to watch football at one of the local breweries. The room was clean, comfortable, and the rest goes without saying. Two waters are available, fee free when you want them. Breakfast is full, delightful, and only 10.00 per person, but so worth it as I had a Greek omlette made to order. All was good here, and especially the location. As the rain came in, we had to hunker down and decide where to eat. A mere block or two away was a wonderful restaurant, so we grabbed our umbrellas and ventured out. It was about 30 degrees and raining, so, please note that we are from FL and do not like this, had a great dinner practically next door. There is a pool in the hotel which was frequented by many with kids, but since it is on the first floor, we did not hear a lot of giggling and nonsense up and down the floors. It was quiet and easy to access all our favorite spots in the area and we had the ability to get the electric shuttle, too. I would stay again as the hotel is so clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Thank you for taking the time to everyone about your stay. We are in a great location and have a wonderful staff to top it all off. Most people park in our lot and walk everywhere because things are so close. I love our omelets as well and enjoyed one today. We enjoyed having you stay with us and thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel is conveniently located downtown within a short walk to the Tennessee Aquarium, good dining, the Watson Street Bridge and The Bluff art district. The hotel was clean and the staff very courteous and friendly. I would stay here again if my travels bring me back to Chattanooga.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am very surprised at the quality of our art museum. The whole art district is amazing and love the fact that is so nice. I am glad you had a great stay and hope you come back soon. If you ever see that the museum is doing a special on glass art make sure to come check it out. Those are always my favorite when they do it. Hope to see you soon. Thanks for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Staff are friendly and service in restaurant is not that great. Worst part is the cleaning staff. My sheets slipped off during night woke up to find dried up puke all over side of the mattress where the sleep number dial was. Very nasty! Bathrooms had hair in the floor and Furniture was dusty. Wouldn't recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Hello, I am Mark Zielke the front office manager. When I brought this up to the other managers we were shocked. This is not a typical stay and I wish you would have brought this to my attention immediately. This incident is very unusual for this hotel. I would like the opportunity to prove to you that this is not typical and that we are an outstanding hotel. Another stay with us would show you that we are as good as the reviews say we are. I just want the opportunity to show how good this hotel is. Please, if you ever have a problem with anything let the front desk know so we can do something about it. We do not want any guest to suffer in silence; just let us know before you leave so we can show you what we are really made of. Just give us a chance. Please call the hotel and ask for Mark Zielke.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have yet to find as high a quality hotel in terms of cleanliness, quality of décor, and overall value, in Tennessee. Every time I travel on business in Tennessee, Hilton Garden is my "go-to" Hotel if there is one available in the area of travel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mark Z, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Thank you for your high expectations of us. It is a challenge we readily accept. We do our best to meet those expectations, and then go beyond them. We look forward to showing you that we are a step above. The staff here is second to none, and the more you stay with us the more you realize how special we are. Thank you for sharing your stay with us, we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

This is a must stay hotel! U will not be disappointed. From front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant, excellent customer service skills. Rooms were clean, staff attentive and the breakfast crew is wonderful. Everything fresh, made to order and delicious! Special thanks to LaDonald, Candi, Linda, Troy, Brandon and Joseph. This crew made breakfast so enjoyable and they are a great representative of what the Hilton name stands for!

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank useraa
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. We have an amazing crew for breakfast. Recently the CEO of Hilton sent one a letter of recognition for the great job he is doing. We are lucky to have such great people working for us. Thank you for taking the time to mention each one by name, I will make sure they are rewarded for it. Troy was particularly happy to see his name mentioned. Thank you again, we look forward to having you back. Please tell people about the wonderful time you had and thank you for sharing your stay with us.