“Weekend Getaway to Chattanooga” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, United States
“Weekend Getaway to Chattanooga”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We decided to take a weekend family trip to Chattanooga and I am a Hilton Honors member so I specifically looked for the Hilton brand. I read the other reviews on Hilton Garden Inn and their close proximity to activities we were planning to do (i.e. Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, etc) made it an easy choice. Colby was at the front desk when we checked in late Saturday evening and was very friendly and helpful. He acknowledged the fact we were celebrating my husband's birthday and provided us with breakfast coupons and free parking. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and welcoming. We definitely enjoyed our weekend getaway and would return to Chattanooga and the Hilton Garden Inn in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We have a great location to enjoy all that downtown has to offer. On top of that we have a great staff. Colby is one of the best we got and I hope you got to talk with him about things to do around downtown. Colby is very knowledgeable and friendly. Because you brought Colby up specifically I will do something nice for him in appreciation. We are lucky to have such a wonderful staff here and I never tire of hearing the guests bring it up. We are in the heart of the city and our employees carry around a big heart as well. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Mcminnville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My family and I go away almost every weekend for a little business and also pleasure and as Hilton Honors Members we stay at some of the nicer hotels. The breakfast at this place stays open till 12 on the weekend and that works good for us because we stay up late and get up late. This hotel and entire staff was above and beyond and we will be staying here quite frequently.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. This is a wonderful hotel for bringing the family and enjoying what Chattanooga has to offer. This hotel being in the heart of it all makes it very convenient. Park at our lot and walk to where you want to go. There are a lot of things to do in just 3 blocks. Then to top it all off the staff here is second to none. Thank you for taking the time to let people know about how great our staff is here. I love to hear our guests brag on the service they receive here. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Memphis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Checked in on a Friday night for a girls weekend. Front desk staff couldn't have been more accommodating! Directed us to local attractions, helped with all our requests as well as getting us a rollaway bed. Room was clean and comfortable. Pool was small, but fine. Would recommend this hotel to all my friends. Michael and Mark were very helpful with making our trip a success.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am so glad you choose our hotel for your weekend get-a-way. Chattanooga is a great city to do just that and we are in the heart of it all. So much to do, so close to the hotel. I am glad you got to meet Michael. He is our newest star at the hotel. He has just been hired and is already making a big impact. We are lucky to have such a wonderful employee, and thank you for taking the time to mention him by name. He goes out of his way to make every guest's stay as good as it can get. It makes my day to hear how our employees go above and beyond for our guests. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is a great location for catching the free downtown shuttle, and walking to several locations like the Tennessee Aquarium, bridge across the river, museum . . . it's even right next door to the children's Discovery Center. It's a bit pricey, however, if you are looking for enough room for a family. You'll need an adjoining suite or room if you have more than 4. Paying the extra for parking was a pain, especially because the parking lot does not wrap around the building for easy unloading close to your room (but the hotel is pretty small, so not *that* big of a deal). Also the pool is very small and noisy, and it was annoying to have the hot tub connected right to the side. (Kids kept sloshing and sliding over the side into the hot tub and it was anything but relaxing.) The welcome cookie bars are to DIE for, and the breakfast is generous, if not complimentary.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I love to hear that HGI has consistent quality and service. We go out of our way to make sure everyone who comes here has a great experience. We are in the heart of downtown and it is a short walk to enjoy much of what the city has to offer. We want our hotel to be a step above all the other competition. The staff is what makes all the difference here. We care and it shows. Thank you for taking the time to let people know how your stay was. We have tried to buy the parking lot but they will not sell it so we have to charge parking for downtown. And the kids love the pool, which was always my favorite thing about staying at a hotel when I was young. Thank you again for sharing your stay with us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

My two daughters and I were in town for an event at the convention center. The hotel was convenient to the convention center. The hotel is situated just adjacent to the Discovery Museum, which was great. Felt very safe in and around the hotel. The beds were a bit firm for my taste, but still comfortable. The hotel staff was pleasant and greeted us each time we entered the lobby. I would certainly stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. This hotel is great for coming in to Chattanooga and being in the heart of it all. Just park here and you can walk to all the attractions. The city also has a free shuttle that runs to the convention center and across the river for shopping. Lots of wonderful places to eat very close by. You cannot stay at a better hotel. Oh, try the king beds they have an adjustable mattress so you can make it as soft as you like, we are trying to get the queens switched over as well. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over the past year. The staff is always friendly and courteous to me and the other guests. I have never encountered a bad staff member. The housekeeping supervisor once personally changed my bed to improve the comfort before the change of all of the beds to an adjustable type. Front desk, restaurant staff, and housekeeping are always helpful

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. The head of housekeeping doesn't get enough good press. He works very hard and is dedicated to going a great job. Thank you for bring up the fact that he tries so hard to make sure that every guest is very happy with the room. He is the unsung hero of the hotel. We have an outstanding staff here and we are all dedicated to making your experience the best it can be. Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your stay here. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

From the moment we checked in all the way through the week. This service the homely feeling, the staff, the cleanliness, the food. Was the best service we have received in a long time. We are Hilton Honors Members and would have to say that this is one the best Hiltons around. I loved every minute we stayed there. We were there Dec 24 - 28. Thank to all the great personal staff at the front desk. We were greeted by a wonderful lady there every morning and to our surprise she was there at night too. Does she ever go home? Our waiters and room stewards were wonderful. Thank you again for making our family feel welcome being away from home on the holidays.

Room Tip: Our room faced the back which was the stadium which was quiet that week.