“Awesome Customer Service, Great Location and nice rooms”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #12 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seneca, South Carolina
“Awesome Customer Service, Great Location and nice rooms”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The service was over and above. Everyone was helpful but we had 2 employees that went out of their way to make sure we had everything we need. Danielle who doubles as bartender/front desk mixed us some great drinks, gave us good advice as to where to eat. But the most amazing thing was when I asked the front desk for the Sunday paper (they said they put out on table in AM) and they indicated it hadn't come yet, one of the employees (Lisa) overheard and then offered to go get one for me. I was hesitant at first but she seemed so willing and I love to have paper with coffee, said yes. She not only brought to it to our room but wouldn't even take any money for it! Wow-that is going the extra mile to make customer happy. Rooms were nice-not Ritz or W otherwise I would have given 5 star. My girlfriends and I were very happy there. It was walking distance to good places to eat and the Walnut bridge, acquarium, etc. If in Chattanooga I would definitely stay at the Hilton Garden downtown again. Great time!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Thank you for that wonderful review. We have a staff here that sets us apart from all the others. We are lucky to have such great people working for us. Because you mentioned two in particular I am going to something nice for each of them to show my application for how they treated you. I never tire of hearing guests brag on the service they received here. You have made my day. Thank you. We look forward to having you come back. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Dallas
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We just recently stayed at the Hilton garden Inn in downtown Chattanooga. It was most enjoyable. We loved the location and walked to dinner and the movies. Downtown Chattanooga has so much to offer now, we were so pleased with the area. The hotel was especially nice! We wished we had packed our suits, we will remember next time! I especially want to acknowledge Michael and Lori for their sweet hospitality. Lori referred us to this wonderful hotel and Michael was ever so gracious. Great employees that go above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect!
The room was great, bed slept great and we had no problems with check in or out. Overall a great experience. I really love the location of this hotel. We will stay here again soon!!!

Room Tip: We had a view of Chattanooga- it was nice!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. We are in the heart of it all. There is so much to do very close to our hotel. It makes it so convenient to stay here then enjoy what the city has to offer. Make sure you stop by the front desk they can help you get more out of the city. There is a lot to do and makes for a great place to spend the weekend. Our service is legendary so we have the complete package at this hotel. Tell your friends about the time you had here and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Nashville, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The bartender was very nice and had great knowledge of wines and a great starter Scotch. At breakfast, the waiteress was very nice and gave us several local places to see and visit. I will come back to visit very soon. It was a great surprise being in Chattanooga for the weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I hope the bartender gave you some double wood. I am not sure if it is a starter or the ender Scotch, but it will spoil you quick. We have two great bartenders that are great to talk to. I am very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Carrollton, GA, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Front desk staff and bartender were awesome !!! Enjoyed whirlpool in room! View from balcony was partially blocked by parking deck across the street. Could walk to all attractions in downtown. Never got in the car after arriving. Overall great relaxing weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Our staff here is second to none. The great people who work here make all the difference in a stay. We are proud of the people who work here and the job they do making the guests happy. The staff here is what sets us apart from everyone else. Stay here and be treated like friends. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Chattanooga, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had a great time. the hotel is located in a great place for walking and taking in the City. room was nice and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Fine breakfast in the morning. The only downside was parking. It costs $8 a day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am glad you had a great time here. I hope you found the river walk. It is a beautiful place to take a stroll. Almost 10 miles of river front property dedicated to a river walk. I have seen bald eagles, deer, osprey, pileated woodpeckers, and more. It starts just 3 blocks from our hotel and is also nice for a bike ride. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

It had been many years since I had last been to Chattanooga and it was very apparent that the city has gone through extensive renovation to include the new construction of the downtown area. This Hilton Garden Inn was one of those additions. If you've stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn before, this would feel very much the same. No complaints, everything that I expected and more.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Yes, Chattanooga has come a long way. The aquarium set it all off and it exploded from there. It is wonderful to see such nice changes. So many of the charges are eco friendly as well. There is a lot to experience downtown and we are in the heart of it all. Just park and walk to all the major attractions Chattanooga has to offer. We are 3 blocks or less to the aquarium, children museum, I-Max, a theater, the base ball stadium, and many great places to eat. Then in less than one block you can pick up the free shuttle the city has to offer that will take you across the river or deeper into town. Thank You for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

From the first time I spoke w/Colby, he was very courteous. I met Logan upon our arrival and he was the same. They took perfect care of all my needs and questions. I wasn't sure if fresh linen was used daily. I dropped the ball on that request and also asking for additional towels and etc., per night. This would not hinder my stay at this location again at all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Colby and Logan are two of the best we have. Friendly, knowledgeable, and funny. Just really great guys. Definatly what sets apart from other hotels is the staff we have here. Just like staying with friends. Come experience the difference at the Hilton Garden Inn. Because you mentioned them by name I will do something nice for both of them, they deserve it. Thank you for taking the time to bring their actions to my attention. I never tire of hearing about how well our staff treats guests. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.