“Lovely Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham, AL
“Lovely Stay”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We took our family the last weekend in March for spring break. The hotel was perfectly situated next door to the Creative Discovery Museum and the Aquarium. We stayed in a king jr. suite and had plenty of room for our family of 6. The kids loved having their own area of the room with their own tv. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast each morning was absolutely delicious and our server both days was very kind and attentive. The cook even came out the second day and made a special omelet for me. Our kids wanted to swim in the indoor pool but I had forgotten to bring a float for our youngest. I asked at the front desk and they found a float for us. It made my kids day that they could get in the pool. Overall I would say that the staff made this hotel one of the most enjoyable places we have stayed. They were happy, attentive and ready to help.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am so happy you found our hotel. It is the best place to bring the kids and have a wonderful weekend. It is even better now that baseball season has started and the stadium is in our back yard. I hope you took the free shuttle the city offers to the merry-go-round across the river. So much for a family to enjoy together. Oh the omelets the chiefs make. Last week he made me an Italian omelet with salsa. Best omelet I ever had in my life. Makes me hungry just talking about it. For the kids though nothing beats the pool. That was all I wanted at that age in a hotel and we got it. The other thing we got is personality. Our staff is second to none. The staff is what makes all the difference, as you saw. Turns a good stay into one of the best you ever had. Come experience the difference we make. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Cumming, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My Wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the courteous, smiling and helpful employees of this Hotel. The room was exceptional, and all of the facilities were top notch. It definitely is the best hotel I have stayed at in Chattanooga, bar none.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. It was such a pleaser to have you stay at our hotel. You both were a delight to have and we hope to have you back any time. I enjoyed meeting you both and the conversations we had. This is a great hotel and I am glad you found it. Once you find the best you can stop looking. This hotel is also the only one my father stays in when he stays downtown. The staff makes all the difference. We have a top notch staff with great customer service. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

First, the good. Great location, friendly staff, not overly expensive. It was such a short walk to many restaurants, the Aquarium, and IMAX. The hotel is right there off the exit and easy to navigate even when not familiar with the city. For the most part, the staff was very nice and helpful. We thought the price was reasonable…until we got to our room... Now, the bad. We had a view of a rooftop, so that kind of killed the room for us as it was very dark. Another room might have made a huge difference for us. They really should use this room for something other than paying guests. The breakfast, though full, was not very tasty. I guess everyone gets the breakfast and then try to fit in a small area. We had half our crew standing for quite a while one morning because there was only a small table open. They need to rethink how this is set up.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am sorry that you had a view of the roof. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. This hotel cannot be beat for location. Just park and enjoy the city. There is so much to do so close by. Great place to bring the family or enjoy a relaxing weekend in the city. We have it all here. I am surprised you did not like the breakfast. The omelets are the best I have had at any restaurant I have been to. The French toast is my current favorite with just a touch of honey. We also have thick cut bacon that rivals anybodies. All you can eat buffet and made to order by our chief for $9.95, hard to beat that price at any downtown restaurant. We have seating for 70 not including the patio. It is about time for patio weather. I have been waiting all winter to get outside and enjoy eating. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Valley City, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel is locatd in a very pleasent location and partof Chattanooga. Close to dining and entertainment district location. I was greeted by a very friendly Hotel Staff who was very helpful. Room was very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manger. I could have not said it better myself. Location, location, location. This hotel is in the heart of it all. All the attractions in walking distance just park here and walk to where ever you want to go. There are so many great places to eat in just two blocks. From family friendly to the best place you have ever been to. That is a bold statement that you should take me up on. For me when I visit a new city it is all about finding those local, great places to eat. Put the front desk's knowledge to the test, you will be rewarded. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager.
Atlanta, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I booked a King room a week in advance and got a confirmation. On arrival I was given a Queen accessible (which is my very least preferred). They could not tell me what had gone wrong. On third attempt to find out the manager told me that "maybe I had agreed to the change" or that "someone must have made a mistake". I have a registered room preference (which they knew) and I am a Hilton Honors member.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am sorry that the room type you wanted was not available. We always want to make sure the guest is 100% satisfied and I can see we failed you. For that I am sorry. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service and we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that this is not the norm and we always go out of our way to give the guest what they want. The next time you stay you will see what the norm is here and we are well known for our customer service. Thank you for staying with us.

Richmond, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Clean room, comfortable bed, efficient staff. The kuerig coffee maker in the room was also a nice touch. The gym left something to be desired, but the location downtown was ideal for running, walking to whole foods and enjoying a nice evening out and about without a car.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Ah...room, bed, staff. The trifecta of the hotel industry. And we are batting a 100. Little baseball joke for the up come season. I am happy that you are happy with all three. I hope the front desk told you about the river walk. It runs for almost 10 miles to the dam and back. All river front with wildlife through out. I have seen bald eagles, nesting Sand hill cranes, osprey, and pileated woodpeckers. Makes for a nice walk. We look forward to having you back. Oh we have a deal with the best gym downtown so if you want a place to work out let the front desk know and we can hook you up. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager.
Nashville
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've just returned from a fun Chattanooga trip with my husband & 2 children. The location of this hotel could not be better. Sadly, our Jr. King suite smelled terribly of mildew. The ceiling showed water damage. We were kindly offered the suite next door but it smelled, too. Second day of trip we were offered a THIRD shot at a suite ....and it smelled, too!! We are not extremely picky people, either! They have clearly had some kind of moisture problem on the front side of the hotel where these jr. Suites are. The staff could not have been nicer & really tried their best, but it was like sleeping with a sour kitchen sponge right next to your face all night.

Room Tip: Smell it before you take it!