“Outstanding Place to Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #12 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I want to thank Rachel at the desk for helping me make our reservations. I don't like to be sent to reservation centers, and she gave me the personal touch, trying her best to tell me about everything pertaining to our visit, and to give us the best deal available. When we got there we were so pleased with how beautiful it is, and we couldn't have been happier with how close it is to everything we wanted to see downtown. It's right next door to the Creative Discovery Museum, and a couple of blocks from the IMAX, and another little walk to the amazing aquariums and to the riverfront. The Chattanooga Ducks (amphibious vehicles), are about three blocks in another direction. Our thanks also to Colby when we checked in for being so very helpful, and when he found out we had requested a cot for the young ones, gave us an upgrade to two queen beds. My husband and I loved the balcony, and it's view of people walking to the Riverbend Festival. We even saw a bicycle built for two. As I said, the room was great, so clean, with bright white sheets and duvet. Assorted pillows of different size and thickness so you could pick your favorite. I thought the bed was hard when I sat on it, but got a wonderful night's sleep with no aching muscles the next morning, and wish I'd looked at the tag so I could get the same mattress when we buy again here at home. The breakfast was the best I've ever seen anywhere....anything you could ask for and more! Fresh and delicious...it was amazing, and the people who worked there made sure you had everything you needed...so very nice, too! EVERYONE was nice. Danielle working the desk always had a smile, and was so helpful. The little housekeeper downstairs in the morning was so pleasant and helpful, too. Oh, and one last thing, they have a little pantry next to the desk which is stocked with drinks, microwaveable foods, candy, chips, medications...that you can buy at the desk at very reasonable prices. I guess you can tell I was very happy with this hotel. We LOVED it! I highly recommend it to anyone visiting the downtown area.

Room Tip: We stayed in 501, a corner room with a balcony facing Chestnut Street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gwen S
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Thank you so much for that review. I love to hear guests talk about the wonderful hotel and staff we have here. Because you mentioned several people by name I am going to do something nice for them. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to tell everyone about the great time you had staying here. We look forward to having you come back. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ideal location right in the heart of downtown and a few yards from shuttle bus terminal. Made welcome from the moment we arrived. More than helpful staff in all areas of the hotel. Clean, well appointed rooms, good breakfast. Need I say more

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I need to make a commercial from your review of us. You hit all of our main attraction points: great location, helpful staff, clean rooms, and a good breakfast. We are hard to beat for many reasons. Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about the jewel you discovered in our city: the Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location is superb. Everything is within a short walk including public transportation. If you're a baseball lover as myself and you're there to catch a ballgame, you can not go wrong staying here. The grounds were very pleasant, the pool is small but it's to be expected in a downtown hotel.The rooms were clean and staff very friendly..I would suggest this hotel to family's, couples and single folks. This will be my "go to" place when I'm in Chattanooga from now on.

1  Thank Notarocketman

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Thank you for your kind words. You are right, we are in the heart of it all right here. Makes it easy for guests when all they have to do is park and enjoy the city. The excellent staff we have here is the icing on the cake. Great staff with a great location makes us the best hotel in the city. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited Chattanooga in March 2014 while travelling on business and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is fairly new, very clean and well kept. The personnell was very friendly and knowledgable.
The location is within a quick stroll of a number of excellent restaurants and other activities like the Lookouts baseball stadium and the discovery museum.
All in all a good place to stay while visitng Chattanooga!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the baseball stadium.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. We have the best location in the city. We are in the heart of it all. Making it easy for you. Just park and enjoy what the city has to offer. The front desk is full of ideas for great places to eat and great ways to spend an afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful stay you had with us. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Of course it's a prime biz location in downtown. The Surprise is the Top Notch appeal for a getaway to tour the Riverfront, City, or Lookout Mountain. Easy access to All.

The staff go over the top to insure Everything is perfect. Rosie at the Front Desk is politely insistent that YOU Enjoy your stay. Any problems and she is all over it. We had a minor issue and it was absolutely made right.

My thanks to all for the beautiful Hotel, particularly the lobby, the fireplaces inside and out on a chilly Spring evening. And it was all squeaky clean. Kudos!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. The only thing better than our location is our staff. Rosie gets lots of compliments on her customer service skills. As well she should. Rosie truly goes out of her way to insure a guest is having the best stay they can. I am going to do something nice for her because you brought up her name. I love to hear guests brag on our staff. Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about the great stay you had with us. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This property is A+ on every level!!! The staff is incredible, the service excellent, the location perfect to all there is to do in Chattanooga! From the time I arrived until the moment I left my stay was picture perfect. I always will recommend this property to others!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Karin M
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Thank you, thank you, and thank you. High praise indeed. I love to hear guests brag on our hotel. I think we are pretty wonderful but when guests talk about it makes me so happy. You have made my day. Thank you for taking the time to tell people about our hotel. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed on Saturday night for a mother's day weekend mini-trip. We attended the Lookouts game Saturday night and the aquarium Sunday. We had a 6th floor room on back corner facing stadium (this didn't bother us because we attended the game). It was great to walk out of stadium and down right into hotel parking lot! We attended a few Lookouts games a year and had always wanted to stay right by stadium so we did. Hotel was clean, friendly staff, central to everything. Rooms modern and were great except the beds were hard as a rock. We usually stay at Sheraton or ChooChoo in Chattanooga and will probably stick to those in future even when going to games just to not have to sleep on such an uncomfortable mattress again. Really wanted to love this location and had it not been for those mattresses we would have. Even our 6 year old made a comment about it when he first laid down on it.

1  Thank Kdrich

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I hope you get a chance to try our king beds. All of our king beds are adjustable and you can make them as soft as you like. They are even adjustable to each side. Make it as nice as you like and sleep like a baby. I am happy to hear that you liked the location and staff. This hotel is so close to great food, movie theaters, the aquarium, the children's museum, and the I-max. All of this in 3 blocks. Then to put an outstanding staff with it... best hotel in the city. Thank you for taking the time to tell people about the great hotel we have here. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.