“Very helpful and courteous”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff at the arrival desk was great. The pool area was very clean and well maintained. The bartender and staff at the breakfast area were awesome. Even with a very busy weekend due to the Riverbend music festival everyone was attentive and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. The staff is what sets us apart from the other hotels. The attention they give to our guests is why we are so successful. We could not do it without the difference they make. Thank you for taking the time let people know about our staff here. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were in Chattanooga on vacation and it happened to be during the Riverbend festival. Good location, easy parking. I think that, for the price and type of hotel, an included breakfast would give this hotel an excellent rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. We do have a nice place and a nice location! Thanks for taking the time to tell people about your experience. All Hilton Garden Inn offer a great breakfast at a reasonable price but until Hilton changes their stance we must charge. Gold and Diamond members are offered complimentary breakfast. We look forward to you achieving those honored levels and receiving free breakfast. We look forward to having you back. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent hotel! Very clean. Nicely furnished. Free wifi. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Very quiet! I couldn't hear the guests in the rooms next to me. The breakfast buffet is amazing! The hotel is located very close to the river. (walking distance)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I love the river walk. I have seen bald eagles, osprey, deer, and pileated woodpeckers and on that island you pass the great blue herons use that island for nesting. Crazy to see all those water birds in trees. But the best part of our hotel is the staff. Always there to help you in any way you need. Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about the treasure you found here at the HGI. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Mark Zielke, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Hotel located in heart of Chattanooga attractions. Tenn. Lockouts stadium behind hotel. Room was clean and maintained. Hotel located within walking distance from Aquarium,baseball stadium, childrens "Discovery Park"(next door) , and a few blocks from the "City Cafe Diner". This was a good hotel with a GREAT team of employees. Also , Please don't leave Chattanooga without going to "Blue Orleans".

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I hope you tried a dessert from the City Cafe. Wow are they good. We are so close to all the places you want to go downtown. The only thing that beats our location is out employees. Our staff is the best in the city. Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about how great our staff and location is. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Second stay at this property! The staff at the property is amazing! Kurt at the front desk was wonderful! Servers in the restaurant were very helpful! Great location in downtown and is walking distance to major attractions. Clean hotel and very updated accommodations.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I am delighted you had such a great stay. Kurt is a star here at the hotel. We are lucky to have such great employees. I am going to do something nice for him because you brought up his name. I never tire of hearing guests talk about the wonderful staff they meet here. Thank you for taking the time to let me know how well Kurt is doing. We look forward to having you back. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I want to thank Rachel at the desk for helping me make our reservations. I don't like to be sent to reservation centers, and she gave me the personal touch, trying her best to tell me about everything pertaining to our visit, and to give us the best deal available. When we got there we were so pleased with how beautiful it is, and we couldn't have been happier with how close it is to everything we wanted to see downtown. It's right next door to the Creative Discovery Museum, and a couple of blocks from the IMAX, and another little walk to the amazing aquariums and to the riverfront. The Chattanooga Ducks (amphibious vehicles), are about three blocks in another direction. Our thanks also to Colby when we checked in for being so very helpful, and when he found out we had requested a cot for the young ones, gave us an upgrade to two queen beds. My husband and I loved the balcony, and it's view of people walking to the Riverbend Festival. We even saw a bicycle built for two. As I said, the room was great, so clean, with bright white sheets and duvet. Assorted pillows of different size and thickness so you could pick your favorite. I thought the bed was hard when I sat on it, but got a wonderful night's sleep with no aching muscles the next morning, and wish I'd looked at the tag so I could get the same mattress when we buy again here at home. The breakfast was the best I've ever seen anywhere....anything you could ask for and more! Fresh and delicious...it was amazing, and the people who worked there made sure you had everything you needed...so very nice, too! EVERYONE was nice. Danielle working the desk always had a smile, and was so helpful. The little housekeeper downstairs in the morning was so pleasant and helpful, too. Oh, and one last thing, they have a little pantry next to the desk which is stocked with drinks, microwaveable foods, candy, chips, medications...that you can buy at the desk at very reasonable prices. I guess you can tell I was very happy with this hotel. We LOVED it! I highly recommend it to anyone visiting the downtown area.

Room Tip: We stayed in 501, a corner room with a balcony facing Chestnut Street.
1  Thank Gwen S
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hi I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. Thank you so much for that review. I love to hear guests talk about the wonderful hotel and staff we have here. Because you mentioned several people by name I am going to do something nice for them. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to tell everyone about the great time you had staying here. We look forward to having you come back. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ideal location right in the heart of downtown and a few yards from shuttle bus terminal. Made welcome from the moment we arrived. More than helpful staff in all areas of the hotel. Clean, well appointed rooms, good breakfast. Need I say more

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi, I am Mark Zielke the front desk manager. I need to make a commercial from your review of us. You hit all of our main attraction points: great location, helpful staff, clean rooms, and a good breakfast. We are hard to beat for many reasons. Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about the jewel you discovered in our city: the Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.