The Crash Pad: An Uncommon Hostel
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
US$151
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$122
The Chattanoogan(Chattanooga)
US$222
US$186
  • Pool
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$155
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsflying squirrelother guestsbunk arealocal breadswe loved our stayfree wifiwithin walking distanceoutdoor patioa great place to stayqueen roomchaatvisiting chattanoogastaff was friendlysinksprivacyclimberscurtains
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hostel is better than most of the hotels I've stayed in. It's extremely well thought-out. Everything fits in perfectly. The architecture, the people, the vibe...

The staff are really friendly and helpful. They'll help you with all of your questions. There's free wifi, a nice breakfast. It's truly one of the best traveling experiences I've had in my life. I wish everyone there the best.

It's definitely worth checking out the list of places that will give you a discount for staying at the Crash Pad.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Good spot in Chattanooga. Very clean with top notch bathrooms.

This was the first time my partner and I had slept in bunk beds in a hostel (and we mainly chose to here because they looked like fun) and we weren't disappointed. The bunks are awesome and super private.

The eggs and bread available for breakfast were a nice touch, and there is also a good range of beers at very reasonable prices available from the front desk.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was my first time in a hostel so of course I was nervous, but the staff was so welcoming I immediately felt at home. The beds are incredibly comfortable, everything was clean, the other guests were friendly, and the sustainability level of this hostel is amazing. Never stay anywhere else in Chattanooga. For $28 a night my only regret is that I couldn't stay longer! It is close enough to downtown so you can rent a city bike, and it is also right next to a couple great bars.

Room Tip: Pre-book if you are going for a weekend!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rebekahlynn
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I have both backpacked throughout the world, and we agreed this was one of the best hostels we've stayed at. Keep in mind this is a hostel - not a five-star hotel - but it's the little things that make it such a cool spot; Warmth from repurposed wood, cleanliness without being clinical, friendly little kitchen, local bread and eggs for breakfast, an open, welcoming feel. Very conducive to having a local brew and meeting other travellers.

We went with a private room - huge, super comfy bed, private washbasin, lots of space and natural light. The bathrooms were particularly impressive. Again - it's a hostel, but the showers were large with secondary curtains for privacy, and super clean.

Parking was short on the street but there's a nifty hostel-only space behind the Crash Pad. The neighbourhood is a downtown area that is clearly in the midst of being revitalized. Some great little bars and such near-by. In particular, the Flying Squirrel right next door has phenomenal cocktails (for $5 on a Wednesday night - SCORE!)

Kudos and high fives to Jordan, who was manning the front desk during our stay. Super friendly, genuinely helpful guy. Would highly recommend this spot.

Room Tip: We had a private room (F) down the end of the upstairs hallway. Didn't hear a noise all night. Super quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ribbongirl
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My fiance and I have stayed at the Crash Pad two times, and just booked our stay for the beginning of April. I am originally from Chattanooga, and this is the only place I will stay while I am there! Not only is it great for the environment, but the Pad is cleaner, better, and has a nicer staff than most, if not all, of the places to stay in Chattanooga.

We've never ate the breakfast because we are usually very busy while we are there, but it always looks like everyone is enjoying it. The beds are comfortable and clean. The noise has never been a bother. The bathrooms are always clean. Our two favorites things are the staff and the pavilion/The Flying Squirrel. The staff is always super personable and friendly! Our favorite thing is being able to catch up with our friends from Chattanooga over a couple good craft brews (which are conveniently available in the lobby if you don't wanna head to the squirrel - how cool is that?!) in the pavilion or at the Squirrel (which is equally as wonderful).

There's no other place to stay in Chattanooga for this value or this good of an experience. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We always get the private room, but the bunks look super comfortable, clean, and have a great place to store your valuables. There is no way to go wrong while you're at the Pad.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple