“Seedy Stinky Sticky MOLDY”
Review of Stadium Inn

Stadium Inn
Ranked #52 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Are you looking for some parking lot action? Well you can find it here anytime of the day, especially at 4 p.m. by the front door. I pulled up to check in my hotel (the neighborhood should have been an indicator with prostitutes on the corners). Parked by the front door in a van a man and woman must have been too caught up in the moment to get a room. Not to worry the "couple" left and he let his "girlfriend" off at the corner across the street to rejoin her friends for a girls night out. Since there were no other pet friendly hotels available we had no choice but to stay.
Upon check in I noticed the front entrance where the luggage carts are kept was very dirty- dirt on the walls, floors and it needed painting. Usually in the lobbies at La Quinta Inns they have a FRESH water/fruit infuser for the guests. This one had dried rotting oranges in it and NO water. I thought it would get refilled at some point that day, but NO- the same dirty empty container was there the next day at check out.
I noticed house keeping laying & sitting on the couch watching TV when I checked in. Surely they were taking a break from all the hard work cleaning all those rooms.
They MUST have missed our room because it was FILTHY & MOLDY The carpets were STICKY & STINKY. It was damp, stained and it reeked of urine. The floors in the bathroom had not been cleaned in eons, unless floor cleaners turn the bottoms of your socks black. At that point there was NO way I would go without shoes, not even while I showered.
What little towels WERE available were dirty, gritty, damp and smelled sour. I felt dirtier AFTER I showered. The bedding was just as dirty, I found stains on the comforter and it was damp.
I used my t-shirts to cover the pillows with, and slept without any of the bedding.
Once we turned on the AC the mold smell was so over powering it gave us headaches, and we couldn't breathe. We called the front desk and asked if they had any other rooms available. Their response was all the rooms are the same but offered to let us move next door.
We moved to the room next door at 2 a.m. and found out that it was indeed the same! The same moldy smell, sticky carpets and stinky linens. There was no way we would be sleeping with the lights off for fear what might come out in the dark.
They may have free wifi, but with the bunker style rooms, it's hard to get any connection, this goes for cell phones as well.
There was no working ice machine on the first floor, you have to take the elevator that is like riding in a hot car up to the 2nd or 3rd floor. The ice machine is located right outside the elevator but the floor is dark. Instead of taking the hot elevator back down I decided to take the stairs. The floor was dark and desolate, no one in the rooms. It looked at though no one was put on any of the other floors. VERY creepy! I would NOT be surprised if I heard that someone had been murdered at this hotel.
After complaining about the condition of our rooms, we were given a complimentary stay.
That is the ONE good thing about this hotel.
Trust the reviews on this place! DO NOT stay here!

Room Tip: Is there one??

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The facade of the building needs a bit of work. I think that is underway now. The room with 2 queens was very spacious, the bathroom as well, only thing no stopper in tub, but just used a washrag. The front desk staff was very personable and went over the top in customer service. The breakfast was typical, waffles, pastries etc. The coffee was delicious. The pool area and grounds were immaculate.

Room Tip: Stayed in 422..just 2 doors from elevator and it was peaceful. Loved that there was a deck, only ne...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Carpets are dirty with very bad odour. Entire hotel area outside of room smells bad with dirt carpets and walls. Breakfast area is dirty. Dont feel like eating breakfast. Refrigerator was not working, called room service twice but no one picked up. Called from my cell phone to the hotel number, then some one picked and sent the replacement refrigerator but smaller one. I would never visit this hotel again mainly because of cery bad smell.

• Stayed: August 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Colbert
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had a great stay! The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was great. They have a very good continental breakfast that we ate at every morning. Highly recommend this location!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This pet friendly LQ has been remodeling for a while and it shows. Entrance doors with dirty hand prints. We had a 3rd floor room. When you exited the elevator the ice machine had been pulled out of its cubby hole and was sitting in the elevator area leaking water on the floor. They did have warning cones up around the water. Later it was shoved back into the hole. Luckily the 2nd and 4th floor ice machines were functional. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was large and clean, with a working fridge and microwave. Neighborhood does not appear to be the best, so when our dogs needed out, I went with my wife to take them out.- but we encountered no problems. I wouldn't recommend but I would not say to avoid.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Traveling 2,400 miles with our pet is not the perfect vacation
However,when you can't fly
You drive. Stay here... Wow!!!
Breakfast like your favorite Aunt would make... The bed was wonderful... Thank you. !!!
You should be a showcase for pet friendly motels!!!!
You have my award !!!