Are you looking for some parking lot action? Well you can find it here anytime of the day, especially at 4 p.m. by the front door. I pulled up to check in my hotel (the neighborhood should have been an indicator with prostitutes on the corners). Parked by the front door in a van a man and woman must have been too caught up in the moment to get a room. Not to worry the "couple" left and he let his "girlfriend" off at the corner across the street to rejoin her friends for a girls night out. Since there were no other pet friendly hotels available we had no choice but to stay.
Upon check in I noticed the front entrance where the luggage carts are kept was very dirty- dirt on the walls, floors and it needed painting. Usually in the lobbies at La Quinta Inns they have a FRESH water/fruit infuser for the guests. This one had dried rotting oranges in it and NO water. I thought it would get refilled at some point that day, but NO- the same dirty empty container was there the next day at check out.
I noticed house keeping laying & sitting on the couch watching TV when I checked in. Surely they were taking a break from all the hard work cleaning all those rooms.
They MUST have missed our room because it was FILTHY & MOLDY The carpets were STICKY & STINKY. It was damp, stained and it reeked of urine. The floors in the bathroom had not been cleaned in eons, unless floor cleaners turn the bottoms of your socks black. At that point there was NO way I would go without shoes, not even while I showered.
What little towels WERE available were dirty, gritty, damp and smelled sour. I felt dirtier AFTER I showered. The bedding was just as dirty, I found stains on the comforter and it was damp.
I used my t-shirts to cover the pillows with, and slept without any of the bedding.
Once we turned on the AC the mold smell was so over powering it gave us headaches, and we couldn't breathe. We called the front desk and asked if they had any other rooms available. Their response was all the rooms are the same but offered to let us move next door.
We moved to the room next door at 2 a.m. and found out that it was indeed the same! The same moldy smell, sticky carpets and stinky linens. There was no way we would be sleeping with the lights off for fear what might come out in the dark.
They may have free wifi, but with the bunker style rooms, it's hard to get any connection, this goes for cell phones as well.
There was no working ice machine on the first floor, you have to take the elevator that is like riding in a hot car up to the 2nd or 3rd floor. The ice machine is located right outside the elevator but the floor is dark. Instead of taking the hot elevator back down I decided to take the stairs. The floor was dark and desolate, no one in the rooms. It looked at though no one was put on any of the other floors. VERY creepy! I would NOT be surprised if I heard that someone had been murdered at this hotel.
After complaining about the condition of our rooms, we were given a complimentary stay.
That is the ONE good thing about this hotel.
Trust the reviews on this place! DO NOT stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of charming Chattanooga, Stadium Inn is just minutes from a wide array of attractions and sights, including Rock City, the Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga riverfront, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC), Historic Chickamauga Civil War Battlefield, and Lookout Mountain. Guests of this hotel will enjoy many amenities, including free continental breakfast, free local calls, and free coffee. Guests will also enjoy the seasonal outdoor pool and BBQ area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Stadium Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Chattanooga Hotel Chattanooga
- La Quinta Hotel Chattanooga
- La Quinta Chattanooga
- Chattanooga La Quinta