“Updated older property still needs work”
Review of Stadium Inn

Stadium Inn
Ranked #53 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We stayed for four nights during our daughter's softball tournament. The hotel is near downtown and close to Lookout Mt. and all downtown attractions. It is an older property that is being updated. The hotel promotes "new rooms" and it is apparent there has been some work (painting in the lobby was in progress during two days of our stay, but was not a problem). The tile floor outside the elevators is a quarter inch higher than the elevator threshold, so you literally have to pick up a loaded luggage cart to get it out of the elevator. Oh, and during three of the days we stayed, I saw only one luggage cart. Then on the fourth day a second one appeared. The room we were in was roomy and appeared updated. The room was clean except for mold stains in the shower tile grout, and a spot of live mold on the ceiling. The TV cable reception is terrible on several channels. Everything else worked great and rooms include a microwave and small frig. We didn't use the outdoor pool but we could see it from our balcony (rooms only on the side facing the pool have balconies). It looked good, but one of the persons in our party said he saw cockroaches when he was sitting behind the hotel smoking. The area is not at all bad, but it's not the most attractive part of downtown. There is no reason not to feel safe here. The streets around the hotel are one way, so it's kind of tricky getting in and out. The breakfast buffet is very good, with hot breakfast selections. Probably the best powdered scrambled eggs I've ever tasted. If I returned to Chattanooga I would probably try to find someplace else to stay, but this not a terrible choice. You could do worse.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Stadium Inn

Reviewed 20 July 2010

Found this place in our AAA tour book. Very clean and convient to downtown Chattanooga and Rock City and Ruby Falls. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We were on our way back from Ohio and we'd planned to stop in Chattanooga to see some sights before we went home. Now, honestly, I've slept in some really bad dives, and so long as the beds aren't buggy and there's not too many roaches, I don't care. However, if I'm shopping for a breakfast-serving place to lay my head, I do prefer a hot breakfast, with some form of heated porkfat (sausage or bacon) so that I my give my daily offering to the Pork Ghodz in peace, before I have to get in the vehicle and drive.

With that said, I came to this La Quinta because it had a hot breakfast. I came back (unexpected layover in the ChooChoo) because it's just a good, honest and (with a coupon) cheap place to lay your head and feel good in the morning.

The rooms are "room shaped rooms," nothing fancy, and yes, the carpet is older, but this place is convenient to all the attractions up west on I-24, and close to the others. The breakfast is excellent, the sausage actually tasted fried not nuked, and eggs, waffles, cereal and toast and bagels and yogurt...

Can you honestly say that that's not enough selection? Do you keep all this stuff at home for a daily breakfast? To those that complain about "not enough selection" I say "Bah!"

The beds were soft, but not saggy soft, the AC worked well (I like it COLD!!) enough that in the middle of the night I was under the comforter snuggled in like winter.

The breakfast, as mentioned was plentiful, though the coincidental dying of the waffle-iron just as the girl working it was done with the last 2 waffles she was to make seemed suspect.

All in all, a good stay, and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mr_Byte
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We were in Chattanooga with family and friends for the 4th of July weekend. We wanted an inexpensive, yet clean and decent place to stay. La Quinta was both. The staff was friendly, the facility clean and the overall experience very nice. We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Our AC never got the room cool. It was tolerable during the night but once up and showering and moving about we were sweating. It was very hot the day we were there and we arrived very late so maybe our AC just could never cool the room. The only cool area was in the lobby on the first floor. The entire hall on the second floor was humid and uncomfortable- all I saw was one AC for the hall and it was located next to the elevator. We decided not to stay a second night as it was unpleasant in the hotel due to the heat and humidity in the room. I think it was 98 degrees outside but I doubt this motel ever feels refreshing when you step inside from the outdoors, except in the lobby. I think the lobby is sort of misleading as to what awaits you in your room. We were facing the west and I think the rooms that overlooked the pool area were probably cooler and much nicer. The rooms overlooking the pool had balconies but they may not put guests with pets in those? The pool area looked nice. The location wasn't really that convenient to anything. The parking lot appeared safe and had familes staying but I just couldn't get pass the damp nasty air in the hallway or my hot room.
The staff was very nice, the breakfast looked like they had more than most, the bathroom had plenty of hot water and the room was clean. However, I will try another pet friendly location if in Chattanooga next time, unless it is during cooler weather.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Great pet friendly hotel. The pet walk area was surprisingly very clean. The location is great for all the downtown attractions however like any large city, use precaution especially at night and lock your car doors. The staff was ok, the lady didnt seem to go above and beyond just kind of had a "whatever" attitude. We stayed on the 5th floor with our dogs. The hallway did have a slight odor but the smell went away when we got to our room. The a/c worked GREAT and the room got very cold! The beds were extremely comfortable with a down-alternative cover and breakfast had both hot and cold items (waffles, cereal, sausage, eggs, bagels, and fruit). The only real down falls were the elevator is on the COMPLETE other side of the hotel from the dog walk area and of course our room was located at the very end of the hallway away from the elevator. So we could either walk the whole distance down the hallway, take the elevator, the walk the whole distance of the hotel to get to the dog walk, or walk up and down 5 flights of stairs. Another down fall is 9am vacuuming and our late checkout request. We requested late checkout online and confirmed it when we checked in. We put a "Do Not Disturb" sign up and sure enough at 10:55am we get a knock knock on the door for housekeeping. Overall a decent price and great for people traveling with pets.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Based on trip advisor reviews we decided on this location rather than the location nearer the mall and more out of town. We felt very uneasy as we pulled in; it's downtown but not in a good area. Our room was 222. The air conditioner rattled and only had one temp...freezing cold or off. The a/c unit leaked and the floor and window curtains near the unit were soaked and the room smelled of mildew. The stains in the carpet were bad....they needed to be steam cleaned or the carpet needs to be replaced. The carpet had not been vacuumed; we found plastic clothing tags and other various creepy things all over the floor. It's the only hotel I've never felt comfortable walking barefoot in. There was a sign on the bathroom indicating we shouldn't use the shower before 6pm since it had been freshly grouted. The housekeeping staff hadn't cleaned the shower; old soap and hair still there from previous guests. Ice bucket still had melted water from previous guests. There were hairs in the bed so I slept between the sheets and comforter. Sadly not a good La Quinta experience for a long time La Quinta traveler!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family