We stayed for four nights during our daughter's softball tournament. The hotel is near downtown and close to Lookout Mt. and all downtown attractions. It is an older property that is being updated. The hotel promotes "new rooms" and it is apparent there has been some work (painting in the lobby was in progress during two days of our stay, but was not a problem). The tile floor outside the elevators is a quarter inch higher than the elevator threshold, so you literally have to pick up a loaded luggage cart to get it out of the elevator. Oh, and during three of the days we stayed, I saw only one luggage cart. Then on the fourth day a second one appeared. The room we were in was roomy and appeared updated. The room was clean except for mold stains in the shower tile grout, and a spot of live mold on the ceiling. The TV cable reception is terrible on several channels. Everything else worked great and rooms include a microwave and small frig. We didn't use the outdoor pool but we could see it from our balcony (rooms only on the side facing the pool have balconies). It looked good, but one of the persons in our party said he saw cockroaches when he was sitting behind the hotel smoking. The area is not at all bad, but it's not the most attractive part of downtown. There is no reason not to feel safe here. The streets around the hotel are one way, so it's kind of tricky getting in and out. The breakfast buffet is very good, with hot breakfast selections. Probably the best powdered scrambled eggs I've ever tasted. If I returned to Chattanooga I would probably try to find someplace else to stay, but this not a terrible choice. You could do worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of charming Chattanooga, Stadium Inn is just minutes from a wide array of attractions and sights, including Rock City, the Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga riverfront, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC), Historic Chickamauga Civil War Battlefield, and Lookout Mountain. Guests of this hotel will enjoy many amenities, including free continental breakfast, free local calls, and free coffee. Guests will also enjoy the seasonal outdoor pool and BBQ area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Stadium Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Chattanooga Hotel Chattanooga
- La Quinta Hotel Chattanooga
- La Quinta Chattanooga
- Chattanooga La Quinta