“Great hotel, we will be back”
Review of The Chattanoogan

The Chattanoogan
Ranked #8 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Great hotel, we will be back”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

1st contact - valet - extremely courteous. Front desk, very helpful and accommodating. Room very clean and inviting. anything needed was found for us.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank deenies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The staff was an absolute delight and the rooms were stylish, comfortable and well kept. I think the beds are the best part! The location was perfect for us as it was right in the middle of downtown and easily accessible to the riverfront. We brought our bikes (which the staff happily stored inside for us) and easily rode around to explore the city. We'll be back for certain!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank dwheel2
, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
We certainly strive to make every guest's experience at The Chattanoogan outstanding and I am glad you enjoyed both our hotel and our city. Chattanooga is a wonderful city for biking and outdoor sports.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Chattanoogan.

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Our king room was clean, comfortable, and cool(especially needed in the south in July).
The staff were friendly and helpful. The parking valets were a great group of young men.
The restaurant wasexcellent, breakfast buffet was full of choices and very good. They were also very accomodating for special needs.
Had a great time, we'll be back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FBC30620
, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Thank you for being our guest and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Our valet staff is the best in town and they enjoy making all of our guests feel welcome. We look forward to your return visit.

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My wife and I stayed the weekend while visiting family. We arrived late and were still greeting by the bellman. We must have been the last reservation left that night becuse after asking if we had a reservation, the person behind knew my last name before I gave it. After checking in we enjoyed a cocktail and music in the lobby bar. In the morning we had breakfast on the outdoor patio( at night they have a small fire pit). We enjoyed our stay and we were able to walk to many of the attractions. very nice lobby and rooms. we will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Maddoxx1234
, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
What a great account of the time you spent with us. I am glad you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel and the city. Our live music in The Foundry on the weekends features local talent, to learn more about what band is playing you can “like” us on Facebook for updates!
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Chattanoogan.

Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon. We are smokers but NEVER not even once smoked in the room. We stepped outside twice the entire time we stayed at this hotel to smoke. Yet when I double checked our checking account we discovered we were missing $168. I called the hotel and they insisted that we smoked in the room and that was the reason they charged the the large extra amount of money. Had I known they were going to charge us anyway we would have smoked in the room rather than going 3 stories down to smoke outside in the middle of the night. The hotel was nice but it wasnt worth the $360 we ended up spending for one night.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dreamd4rkdr3ams
, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. After our recent guest room renovation the Chattanoogan Hotel converted to 100% non-smoking. This was in response to requests from many of our guests. In our efforts to please everyone the property has several areas that can accommodate smokers including our newly constructed courtyard and fire pit.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The Chattanoogan was very average. I expected a lot more from a 4 star hotel. There were no extras that usually come with a nicer hotel such as turn down service, robes, coffee in the lobby, manager receptions, etc... The room was clean, but small. The parking garage elevator smells awful and is filthy.
Just your average room at an above average price.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank leavinATL
, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Please know that we take all of our guest comments to heart and learn from both the complimentary and the constructive. I do hope that you will consider giving us another chance should your travels bring you back to Chattanooga.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed there over the weekend as part of a big wedding party with a high dollar reception at the hotel. First off- they charge for their parking garage($10) without even telling you that it's free to park(during the weekend) on the street that runs beside the hotel.
We left on Sunday morning and my wife dropped her evening dress in/around the lobby as we were leaving. We had a 7hr drive and realized it after being on the road for about an hour, so we called the hotel. They advised they would look for it and call back. 3hrs go by, no call. I call back again, someone on duty notified me they found it and can fedex it but would have someone call me back. no call... call back on Monday to them...They tell me that security has it but they are closed and will call me back...no call... call back on weds...security is out until 3pm...left them a message....no call back...call back again to speak to manager on Friday- she is not sure that they have it now and assures me that security would call back later that day... no call... call and leave another message at security on Sunday...no call... Here we are over 8 days later, and not once have they called me back!!! UNSAT...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank 2xaroundtheglobe
, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Please accept my apologies for the lack of communication regarding your evening dress that was dropped on the property. At the hotel we take every measure to make sure any lost and found items that are recovered are returned to the rightful owner, and I am sorry that your dress did not surface.
We value feedback from our guests both constructive and complimentary and I thank you for taking the time to write.