“It was so-so...” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Hendersonville, Tn
“It was so-so...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was rather surprised as the hotel is advertised as four-star and it's very nicely decorated, but it's not as lavish as it sounds online. I stayed at the Chattanoogan October 22-23 for business purposes. The rooms were average, no nicer than any other chain hotel. The beds are somewhat comfortable. They charge $2.00 for the in-room bottled water, which I thought was ridiculous, so I didn't touch it and instead purchased my own and brought it in. The staff was nice, but didn't really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The big shocker for me was that they placed a $100 hold on my debit card for "incidentals" which I didn't purchase, and at no time during the reservation process did they mention anything about that. With the number of business travellers they get because they are right next to the convention center, you'd think they would do better. I was not impressed. You'd get the same stay at the Ramada, Hilton or any other property nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lawgirl125
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you, for taking the time to write your candid review. It is apparent that you did not receive The Chattanoogan experience. It is terribly disappointing, however, when a guest feels their expectations weren't met in all ways and we regret that we missed the opportunity to create a better stay. We strive to deliver the best accommodations for each of our guests. It is also disappointing to learn that you experienced anything less than our very best in customer service and will pass along your comments with our associates. We hope you will visit us again for a stay that exceeds all that you are looking for. Again, thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Loved the hotel. Clean, spacious, pretty, courteous staff, delicious breakfast, conveniently located, reasonably priced. I was at the hotel because of an event scheduled there by my company. It surpassed my expectations. The bed was so comfy. Loved the fireplace in the lobby. The computers in the business center were fast. They were helpful with my bags when I checked out. Cannot say enough good things about it.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor as I requested the lowest available floor, and it was quiet. I sense t...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay and conference experience at The Chattanoogan hotel. We’re so glad that the service our event staff delivered prompt and attentive service and provided an overall excellent experience. Thank you, for shring your appreciation for our facilities and the friendliness of our staff. We were thrilled to be a place where you could relax and enjoy yourself. We certainly hope to welcome you back during your next business or leisure trip to Chattanooga.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Exactly what you expect from Benchmark Hospitality. Great service, clean rooms and good location.

I Suggest utilizing the free city electric shuttle to get to the River. It's super easy and quick. Loved the fireplace in the lobby, always had to stop there for a moment before heading up to my room.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
It is just great to hear that the service and accommodations you experienced at The Chattanoogan hotel met your expectations and our location made it convenient to travel to your destinations. Great suggestion about the free electric shuttle. It is definitely a quick and convenient way to get around the downtown area and over to North Shore. Should your travels bring you back to the area, and we certainly hope they do, we would love the opportunity to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay and so that you may take advantage of our amenities. Thank you!
Lewisville, NC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Wonderful stay!! Everything from coordinating a catered event, to arrival (and valet guys) at check-in, to even helping get my shipped materials open and sorted through. Top to bottom wonderful experience. Next time I will be sure to make time for the spa! Great food - best catered breakfast at a hotel ever.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay and conference experience at The Chattanoogan hotel. We’re so glad that the service of our event staff delivered prompt and attentive service and that our meeting rooms met your needs. It is great to read that you got to enjoy our breakfast options and we appreciate your helpful feedback. Next time you are in town please take advantage of our Spa and their wonderful services. We certainly hope to welcome you back during your next business or leisure trip to Chattanooga.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Chattanoogan on a business trip for a conference held in the hotel. What a cozy hotel! The weather was chilly while I visited and the fireplace in the lobby was such a comforting addition! The rooms were super clean and the staff was very nice. I would definitely stay again whether it was for business or pleasure.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay and conference experience at The Chattanoogan hotel. We’re so glad that the service our event staff delivered was prompt and attentive. It is great to read that you got to enjoy each the ambiance of the hotel. Thank you for the mention of the clean rooms and friendly staff. Please consider liking us on Facebook to follow local events and specials that the hotel offers. We certainly hope to welcome you back during your next business or leisure trip to Chattanooga.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Chattanoogan and found it to be an awesome experience. The staff was outstanding, delicious food, great location. The rooms are spacious, lovely decor and quiet. When I checked out, the bell staff had everything ready for me, the valet attendants paid close attention to details of getting my luggage in my car and gave me wonderful directions since I was new to the city. The front desk staff was very informative in sharing with me other places of interest in the area and the room service was great. The Foundry staff could not have been more delightful. My drinks and food was delicious. I will return to the hotel and will share my experience with my family and friends. Thank you for a lovely stay in your fine hotel and city.

Room Tip: I loved my view from the 4th floor facing West.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Your thoughtful review and high recommendation of The Chattanoogan hotel mean a great deal to us -- thank you for sharing your feedback! Thank you for providing such detailed feedback from your recent visit. We are truly pleased your enjoyed everything about your recent visit, from the efficient valet staff to the food and spirits at The Foundry and our great room service. We’re so glad our hotel provided a comfortable, restful place to relax. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon, thank you.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Our company just held our annual strategic planning retreat at The Chattanoogan and it was exceptional. The meeting space was perfect and the F&B over the three days was delicious. The staff was very accommodating and we were provided excellent service. Our attendees came from all over the US to this meeting and were most impressed with the property as well as Chattanooga as a whole. The short rib burger at the Foundry and the lunch buffet at the Broad Street Grille were yummy. We had a great time and will be back! Thank you for an exceptional experience.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, for your glowing recommendation of our Conference Service team. The entire staff works together to exceed your expectations and anticipate every aspect of your event. I am thrilled to hear this was your experience. Thank you for the kind words about our food; our culinary staff is dedicated to providing the most fresh, local and trendy dishes. Please consider following us on Facebook so you can stay up to date on local activities and specials that the hotel has to offer. We look forward to working with you again soon.