I was rather surprised as the hotel is advertised as four-star and it's very nicely decorated, but it's not as lavish as it sounds online. I stayed at the Chattanoogan October 22-23 for business purposes. The rooms were average, no nicer than any other chain hotel. The beds are somewhat comfortable. They charge $2.00 for the in-room bottled water, which I thought was ridiculous, so I didn't touch it and instead purchased my own and brought it in. The staff was nice, but didn't really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The big shocker for me was that they placed a $100 hold on my debit card for "incidentals" which I didn't purchase, and at no time during the reservation process did they mention anything about that. With the number of business travellers they get because they are right next to the convention center, you'd think they would do better. I was not impressed. You'd get the same stay at the Ramada, Hilton or any other property nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chattanoogan offers upscale amenities and service. Decor and interiors are Post-modern industrial, playing up on the unique industrial heritage of Chattanooga in a modern, eclectic fashion. The property features all-original, regional art, specifically commissioned for The Chattanoogan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelClick, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Chattanoogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chattanoogan Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanoogan Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanoogan Chattanooga