“Great place to stay!”

The Chattanoogan
Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We decided to take a couple of days away from home for Spring Break. The Chattanoogan is a beautiful hotel. The staff from Valet to Front Desk to Housekeeping provided excellent service. Although the hotel is not within walking distance to the main attractions, it is just a block from the free shuttle service that will take you downtown. We didn't eat at the 2 restaurants onsite but did grab coffee at Stroud's which is on the corner of the hotel. The Foundry bar has great Jazz on Friday and Saturday nights. Oh, I forgot to mention the fire pit outsite. It is comfy and cozy! I would definitely recomment this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

We appreciate your taking the time to respond to our survey. We’re so glad you had a pleasant stay filled with friendly service at The Chattanoogan hotel. It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you during your recent getaway to Chattanooga. We are so glad you found our location convenient to the area attractions and restaurants. Your kind mention of our friendly staff and roomy accommodations are truly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I traveled to Chattanooga from Atlanta with my 3 kids (ages 5, 5 & 4) for spring break. I wanted to be relatively close to home and be able to drive as it was a first road trip and without my husband.
Picked the Chattanoogan via Hotwire as I wanted a hotel above 3 stars and this one is a 4 star hotel.
It was fabulous!
Very nice front desk staff.
Really friendly valet/bellhop staff.
Room was very clean, modern, spacious (for all 4 of us) and comfortable.
They loaned me a fridge (for FREE) for my kids sippy cups & milk, etc.
The room service food was DELICIOUS - especially the Rib Short Burger which I had twice!
Not next to Aquarium and Children's Museum but right near the FREE Shuttle stop that takes you right too those venues.
They have an indoor pool that was shallow which is great for the kids and nice & warm which is great for the adults.
I really can't say enough about this hotel...
It will be the place we stay when we go back!!!
There were lots of business people there, but I can also see it as a nice place for just my husband and I to get away too!

Room Tip: our room was great - two double beds #406
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review and for referring to our hotel as "Fabulous!!" It was our pleasure to welcome you and your family to our hotel during your recent vacation to Chattanooga. We’re happy to read that our convenient location made it easy to explore the numerous attractions. We appreciate your helpful feedback and will share your comments with our team. It is important that our guests consider staying with us to be a value which is why we are proud to offer a number of specials and packages on our website and Facebook. We invite you check out these offers before booking your next stay, which we hope is soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I loved the convenience, the grounds, the lobby, the room. The only thing that I felt that could be improved was the mattress. It was comfortable but a little lumpy. I don't know if this was because the mattress pad was lumpy but it was not smooth. The on-site dining was great and there were plenty of choices for us to walk to. I will return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Thank you for mentioning our convenient location and the appearance of our hotel. I have shared your comments with the housekeeping department so that they can look into this situation. We apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused for you during your stay. We look forward to a future stay.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was our first time staying at the Chattanoogan Hotel but it will not be our last. The hotel was beautiful, staff was very friendly and helpful, clean rooms and great restaurant. I have already recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you, for taking the time to review The Chattanoogan. We were thrilled to read your comments. We appreciate that you called our hotel “great!” Thank you, for referring us to your family and friends; that is truly the highest compliment. Please consider liking us on Facebook to keep up with our hotel, specials, and area events. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is my new favorite hotel in Chattanooga!!!! Friendly staff,clean rooms,and good food! When I was leaving my room,the housekeeping staff were very nice and sincere.The front desk was also very friendly! I highly recommend this fine hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you, for describing our hotel as “Awesome.” We are thrilled that you stayed with us and have found a new home when you come to visit Chattanooga. Thank you, for the mention of our staff. Our staff is trained to "Be the Difference" and we are grateful to hear this was your experience. Thank you, for your helpful feedback; we have shared your review with the appropriate departments so that we can take every guest stay to the next level. Please consider liking on Facebook to keep up with local events in Chattanoogan and Facebook specials for our hotel. Please come back for another stay very soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was my third stay at the Chattanoogan Hotel. The entire experience was positive, from arrival, check-in, room quietness and cleanliness, the breakfast buffet, the banquet facilities and food, to check-out. Absolutely an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you, for your review. Thank you, for describing our hotel as excellent. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us; I appreciate the kind words about my team. Providing superb service is our goal every day every guest. Please consider liking us on Facebook. We look forward to seeing you on a return trip!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This Hotel feels dated. The rooms were OK, we booked a King room but were given 2 twin beds and they had no other King rooms to give us - not exactly a 'romantic getaway'. It was a clean room however no fresh air. We didn't use the amenities or eat at the restaurant but it looked lovely. I give it a Poor rating because our room was not as we booked, despite my husband calling that day to confirm everything - and notifying the staff this was the beginning of our honeymoon.

Room Tip: Don't expect your room request to be granted - even if you are on your honeymoon and want 1 bed...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
TomCupo1, General Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you, for your candid review. We must apologize; it seems your experience was not positive in every way. We regret if there was miscommunication about your room type and that you experienced anything less than top-notch service. We appreciate that you took the time to review your experience and will be certain to take your feedback to all departments to better improve ourselves and the experience of our guest. We hope you’ll return in the future.