Big room – lots of space to move around. Free Wi-Fi. Beds are nice. Great water pressure, wonderful shower head and hot water is HOT. Adult height vanity. Nice towels. Black-out curtains really do keep the room very dark. AC works well without being overly noisy. Very friendly folks at check-in (Kevin!). Nice business center with 2 computers and free printing. There’s really no parking on Broad Street, so make sure to pull around the back when you first arrive. Makes check-in so much easier. There is a nice visitor’s guide magazine, and free area map at the front desk. There is no fridge or microwave in the room, although they may be able to bring you one, for a fee. There are no plugs on the nightstand or extras on the wall between the beds, so if you want to charge your cell phone or have a computer plugged in while you work in bed, think again. There is no stopper for the sink. TV in room is on top of a very tall armoire so if you’re sitting at the desk or in the easy chair you have to hold your arm up in the air to change channels/volume. When I checked in I was told it was $8 to self-park with unlimited in and out. Two days later I heard another front desk person say it was $8 per day. And, the only reference to parking that I ever saw online before making my reservation was that they offer valet parking. This part of town is away from the action, so there’s no strolling around at night or walking to a variety of restaurants. My third day here brought some mini issues: Both of my room keys quit working for no reason. When I went to the front desk to resolve the problem there was a line of 4 folks because one of the employees was on break. About 2 hours later I had to go back to the front desk and again there was only 1 employee and there were 5 folks in line. That evening the door to the vending machine room was locked for no reason (they did send someone to unlock). For whatever reason, they had to do maintenance on the hot water and shut it off completely at midnight. Would have been nice, for those of us who stay up late, if we’d been given some sort of notice. I understand they didn’t even let the front desk staff know. I got a good rate ($111/night, before parking!) so it was a good stay. At that rate, I would stay there again. If the rate becomes comparable to hotels closer to downtown, I’ll probably stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chattanoogan offers upscale amenities and service. Decor and interiors are Post-modern industrial, playing up on the unique industrial heritage of Chattanooga in a modern, eclectic fashion. The property features all-original, regional art, specifically commissioned for The Chattanoogan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Chattanoogan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chattanoogan Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanoogan Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanoogan Chattanooga