Motel 6 Chattanooga Downtown
Country Inn
US$145
Hampton.com
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Royal Inn(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$89
US$186
US$179
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
US$175
Great 4.5/5
Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$125
The Chattanoogan(Chattanooga)
US$206
US$139
  • Pool
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$210
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

First of all, the good.
Rooms are super cheap and right down the road from most Chattanooga attractions.
The Bad: This location is right next to the projects.
After my husband and I checked in, and I went back to the car this very large fellow came up to me in the parking lot and started harrassing me for some money...and being very physically intimidating.
My husband came out Nd the guy said to me, "Is he going to give me a problem talking to you? I would hate to have to do something."
I assured him no, but I was very scared. The guy then pressures my husband to give him money too.
After he left, he told me to get in the car and lock it, and he went in and asked if he could ger a refund. The people inside were very nice and gave him a refund.
I want to say, stay only if you are desperate. We never saw the inside of our hotel room. We would have left even if they had refused a refund.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank thebarbariangirl
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We took a chance at this hotel for our family vacation, because we have pets and the motel 6 pet policy is awesome. Our family included; myself, wife, 15yo and 11yo children and 2 dogs.
We arrived at 6:30 pm Thursday, and were cheerfully greeted by the nightdesk clerk and were checked in very quickly.
We entered a very clean room and after thorough inspection of the beds, drawers, fridge and floors, it passed our cleanliness test. The tv worked fine and had quite alot of channels. Fridge and microwave looked a bit old, but were clean and functional. The bathroom was clean and water pressure was good. The shower curtain could be a bit longer as to prevent water spills.
After unpacking, we checked out the hotel ammenities. In the lobby were well stocked vending machines with cold drinks, snacks, toiletries and medical supplies. Unfortunately, there were no public laundry facilities nor was there a pool, but we were ok with this.
The hotel was a little warm, but our room was very cool, due to new a/c unit. We needed more pillows and blankets, which the nightdesk got for us immediately.
We thought at first the surrounding neighborhood looked a little rough, but we had no problems whatsoever. We stayed for 4 nights and met a few of the other guests and we all concluded that this hotel was nice enough to stay again.
This hotel was conveniently located to all the tourist attractions and stores, but it was not in a touristy area. There was no busy traffic. The entrance is tricky due to the one way street. Do not depend on your gps.
In conclusion, we were very happy with our stay here and would recommend to anyone trying to save $$$ on their trip.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were traveling south and just needed a night of rest. Checked in the motel in the middle of the night figuring the place didn't matter so much since we just wanted a few hours of sleep. I almost would have preferred to sleep in my car. The motel smelled of stale cigarettes ... it bothered me and I am a smoker! The whole place was kind of creepy. Linens may have been clean but were worn and full of burn holes, and the bed and the pillows were not comfortable. The bathroom was dingy and I chose not to shower the following morning because I wasn't sure that the shower/tub had been cleaned. Towels were small and scratchy. We should have read the reviews before we stopped here and paid the extra $5-10 to sleep elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The whole hotel stunk of cigarette smoke VERY badly. Seriously it was so bad our throats and eyes were burning. The maid the 3rd floor was smoking butts out of ashtray in the hallway. During the night there was another smoke smell that definitely wasn't cigarette smoke.The tv in room was worthless. When it actually did come on it was full static and all red in color. The toilet shook and rocked every time you sat on it. Very scary people walking around all hours of the day and night inside and out. That's just the main things...I won't go into details on the little things.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank analysisamy
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Shady people walking around, TVs are terrible, suppose to be smoke free halls smells of smoke, holes in sheets, air conditioner cover fell off, ppl in other rooms screaming and kids running wild, overall terrible.

Room Tip: Nothing for kids, bad area, for the price is not worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family