“Motorcycle Travels”

Motel 6 Chattanooga East
Ranked #82 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have stayed at this Motel 6 on my way through Chattanooga for many years. Originally from Chattanooga, I still have friends and relatives in this area that I stop and visit on my motorcycle travels. It is very affordable and just off the interstate with plenty of food choices nearby. If you are like me and just need a place to shower and rest for the night, you can't beat it for the price. It can be a coin toss on the room but the staff is friendly and will work to make you happy. It can appear to be sketchy but the police make their presence known in the area and I have never had any problems during my stays. I will continue to stay here during my future travels.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side are quieter, rooms on the front are more secure.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Teresa at the front desk and she set a welcoming tone and atmosphere. She was very cheerful and made me feel like I was walking into my grandmother's home! She told us where the room was and asked if it was okay and once agreed, we went to the room and it was your standard room, clean, needed deodorizing - I think it was once an old smoking room. The bed was low to the ground but the mattress was comfortable. The tv worked well, the water temperature and pressure was nice and the bathroom was clean. There was ample parking, no excessive noise and housekeeping was courteous and thorough. If I travel back to the area on another adults only trip, I would stay there; however, I would not bring my children because it is not a kids environment.

Room Tip: The front of the motel is preferable. People hung out outside close to the side and rear units.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We've stayed at a lot of really nice Motel 6 locations. This is not one of them. There were cigarette burns in the blankets and sheets. We were woken up half way through the night itching and covered with bed bug bites. We found the sheets covered in bugs during the night. After complaining, we were refunded for our stay. We decided to leave the clothes we brought in with us or risk bringing them along. Stay away from this Motel 6!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. We use it because it's right off the highway and fairly inexpensive. No frills, nothing fancy, but was clean. Wi-fi was extra, but this works for us and will probably stop again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This hotel was filthy. The bedspreads had cigarette burns in them, the room smelled very strongly of carpet deodorizer and the a/c leaked into the room soaking the carpet in half the room. The area also seemed sketchy. We booked this hotel thinking it was close to the Chattanooga attractions but it wasn't.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Arriving it didn't look that bad. The front desk ladies were very helpful and friendly.
The room was nasty. Bed was totally worn out. Had a hole in it where people had slept for maybe the last 50 years. Blanket was DISCUSTING
So glad I bring along my own linens for places like this.
Towels were clean and shower worked fine. Although the floor actually had holes rotted in it.
This place needs a remodel

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank pony675
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

This is just what I look for while traveling by motorcycle. Cheap, clean, with food nearby. Desk clerk was nice. Called room to see if all was ok. I don't want a fancy place. I just want a bed, shower and a/c. I get in late and leave early. I bike camp a lot but for $30.00 it's not worth pitching a tent. This is on my come back to list.

• Stayed: May 2013