“Could have been better.”

Motel 6 Chattanooga East
Ranked #82 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was basically a clean room, just some outdated features. There was some noise, but overall not bad for the price. If you don't require a four-start hotel and just a place to lay your head, this hotel was fine.

Room Tip: I would request a back side room on either end of the hotel. People seem to congregate in the center...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis B

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were looking for a low cost, no frills place just to catch about 6 or 7 hours of sleep then get back on the road. When we entered the room, #134, there was a heavy stench of mold in the air - normally one would expect to smell a hint of bleach or air freshener. We found 3 cockroaches, 2 of which were alive. The carpet was filthy. The bathroom was disgusting - did not appear to have been sanitized in quite some time and had a stench of its own. There were not enough towels for us (3 guests) and a couple of the linens had stray hairs on them. I might have gotten 2 or 3 hours of fragmented sleep as I was awoken by the riffraff outside and the fear of bedbugs. They have WIFI - for a fee (who does that anymore!). We got up extra early and hightailed it out of this dump. We declined the complimentary coffee. This place is in desperate need of a remodel (or condemnation!). The only way I would ever stay at Motel 6 again is if it is a new building.

Room Tip: Pay the little bit of extra money for a reputable motel. You'll rest easier!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I'm always looking for a good place to stay in my budget, and this motel 6 delivered. I'll break it down.
-inexpensive
-clean (sheets, towels, mattresses)
-close to waffle house (its in the parking lot)
-cheap beer next door
-families in the sparkling pool
-frosty a/c & mini fridge
-good cable tv

there were a few stains on the carpet (but it was vacuumed well) and cigarette burns on the tub but other than that, it was golden!

Ms. Teresa that works the front counter was also extremely friendly and helpful. I'll stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs for a lovely nights rest.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Pc P
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have stayed at this Motel 6 on my way through Chattanooga for many years. Originally from Chattanooga, I still have friends and relatives in this area that I stop and visit on my motorcycle travels. It is very affordable and just off the interstate with plenty of food choices nearby. If you are like me and just need a place to shower and rest for the night, you can't beat it for the price. It can be a coin toss on the room but the staff is friendly and will work to make you happy. It can appear to be sketchy but the police make their presence known in the area and I have never had any problems during my stays. I will continue to stay here during my future travels.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side are quieter, rooms on the front are more secure.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Teresa at the front desk and she set a welcoming tone and atmosphere. She was very cheerful and made me feel like I was walking into my grandmother's home! She told us where the room was and asked if it was okay and once agreed, we went to the room and it was your standard room, clean, needed deodorizing - I think it was once an old smoking room. The bed was low to the ground but the mattress was comfortable. The tv worked well, the water temperature and pressure was nice and the bathroom was clean. There was ample parking, no excessive noise and housekeeping was courteous and thorough. If I travel back to the area on another adults only trip, I would stay there; however, I would not bring my children because it is not a kids environment.

Room Tip: The front of the motel is preferable. People hung out outside close to the side and rear units.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We've stayed at a lot of really nice Motel 6 locations. This is not one of them. There were cigarette burns in the blankets and sheets. We were woken up half way through the night itching and covered with bed bug bites. We found the sheets covered in bugs during the night. After complaining, we were refunded for our stay. We decided to leave the clothes we brought in with us or risk bringing them along. Stay away from this Motel 6!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. We use it because it's right off the highway and fairly inexpensive. No frills, nothing fancy, but was clean. Wi-fi was extra, but this works for us and will probably stop again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends