“Sometimes it pays to go to a restaurant twice!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tampa St.
Transit: The closest public Transit stop is a little over a block away on Frazier Ave. and Tremont St.
Description: When you walk in to Marco's Italian Bistro you'll feel as though you've stepped in to a scene from the Soprano's... A small piece of Little Italy or a restaurant on a street corner in Rome. Come join us for dinner, you'll find that we cook everything from scratch. In our kitchen you won't find a single can, jar, or box - just freshly prepared, handmade, authentic Italian cuisine unlike any other in town. Our Martini menu can get overwhelming... We do recommend trying every single one of our 60 martinis. We do not, however, recommend trying them all in one visit. We also stock a wide variety of wines from all over the world - guaranteed to make your meal an even more amazing experience.
Madeira Beach, Fl
“Sometimes it pays to go to a restaurant twice!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

If I had written this review after our first experience at Marco's I would have given it a much better review. Our first meal was nothing but excellent! Food delicious and service just right.

At that visit I had the "Giardino Italiano" which was a very unique vegetarian dish and my husband created his own pasta dish with Italian sausage and meat sauce. We raved about them both. We each ordered a half Caprese salad. Again, tasted great and was much larger than we had anticipated. My husband had two glasses of red wine and I had one glass of white.

The total bill was $48.91 (with tax included but no tip included) and we felt that was very fair. We were determined to come back. And we did a week later. That is when things sent south.

My husband ordered the same entre but I decided to order a Lobster pizza. My husband was again pleased with his food but mine was terrible. I had not noticed that the pizza came with bacon and since I do not eat meat (with the exception of some occasional seafood) the pizza was not eatable. The crust was horrible. I attempted to pick the bacon off but there was just too much of it. I told the waiter that I could not eat it and he said "oh my, sorry". The waiter was no where to be seen during the rest of the dinner. He was suppose to bring bread and he brought it at the end of the meal!! My husband was already finished with his meal.

Our bill (one wine for me, two for my husband) came to about $55.00 (no salads this time)

Will we go back? Maybe but I would make sure I read the menu closer and had another waiter!

• Visited October 2013

Summerdale, Alabama
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We would have given a 5 for Marco's but an Italian restaurant with no Cappuccino....unheard of.

Location for pre-theatre is excellent, good parking, and nice atmosphere.

Food was excellent, but service slightly slow.

Worth a try.

• Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great menu excellent food, good value- 4 1/2 stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

What a great menu. Build your own pasta. Start with the type of pasta, add a sauce, add veggies or protein including shrimp, lobster. You can do the same with a pizza. I had the angel hair pasta with vodka sauce with lobster. It was excellent although a little light on the lobster. Very tasty. My wife had the Caesar salad with a petite filet mignon. It was so different & so good. This restaurant is a keeper. Good value, large portions.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Delicious meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The bread before dinner was wonderful. I ordered the Chicken Pesto Pizza on wheat crust and it was divine. Service was excellent. Parking was easy.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, GA
“wonderful service and dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

What a wonderful dinner! We were in town with friends and saw this menu at the hotel and wanted to eat here. Two people in our group have serious allergies, the waiter's son has a peanut allergy so I felt his compassion and trusted him. I had the caprese salad with salmon and as someone who can only eat this out and cannot prepare in my own home, it was the best I'd ever had! We all enjoyed our dinner and anyone that had leftovers (not me) took them to the hotel. Wonderful place to enjoy a fantastic meal! Service was wonderful, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013