“Incredibly nasty”
Review of Cherokee Motel

Cherokee Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Cherokee Motel
Ranked #88 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Papillion, Nebraska, United States
“Incredibly nasty”
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This place was the most disgusting ever. The clerk went on & on about how we couldn't smoke in there, even though we said we don't smoke. But obviously, smoking and a lot of other very stinky things had been going on in this room. The part we laugh about now is the cigarette in the drain of our "nonsmoking" room.

Room Tip: don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susan A

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I'm sorry that shouldcampinstead did not stay in this motel, because the doors DO lock so there's no problem with a creepy neighbor sneaking in on you--no motel can keep their guests from peeking through a window. And maybe back in '07 buckypbuchanan found cockroaches, but in the three times I've been in the Cherokee in the past few months, I have found it very clean, with no traces of cockroaches, bedbugs, or any other "varmints."

This is one of the 'Nooga area's oldest motels still in service, and while the age shows--cracks in the walls, scrapes in the wood--the current owners apparently place both cleanliness and security at a premium, so while I wouldn't eat off the floors or anything, I don't have the slightest problem bedding down for a good night's sleep. It's right off Hwy 27 (two exits from Corridor J) and convenient to downtown, Signal Mountain, Lookout Mountain, Red Bank, Hixson, and the new North Shore community.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank OmgwanaKikbuti
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 October 2010

This motel is seriously creepy. It is something straight out of a Hitchcock film...right down the the Norman Bates staff. He seemed very out oif it and unable to collect his thoughts. It took 20 minutes just to check in. We got the key and went to drop a friend off. When we returned we noticed our shifty looking neighbor staring at us from his window...not just peaking but full on staring us down. We went to the office to see about getting a different room, but the staff was completely lost and unaccomidating. He didn't even remember which room we were in. Never had we been to a motel where we were completely terrified without having gone into the room. Needless to say, we did not stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank shouldcampinstead
Boston
Reviewed 11 January 2008

I loved this Motel!! the owner talked to me for a long time which made me feel special because in other hotels i have been to they barley even talk to me. I stayed there for 3 nights and i loved it. The owner gave me news about other site seeing places from there like Ruby Falls Rock City etc.. Those places are very close to the motel. I recommend you stay at this motel.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank amy624
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 5 November 2007

We pulled in to the Cherokee motel sometime around 2:00 AM on a Saturday morning, needing a place to sleep for about six hours. On this particular weekend, there must have been a lot going on in Chattanooga because we had previously tried to lodge at 8 different hotels to no avail (all were sold out.) That said, the Cherokee Motel was definitely our last resort choice but, in hindsight, I think we probably would have been better off sleeping in the vehicle. There were cockroaches, literally, climbing into the bed with us during the few hours that we stayed. In addition, there was some type of plumbing problem with the commode in our room. Every fifteen minutes or so, it would let loose with a horrible squealing noise and the only way we could stop it was by getting out of bed and flushing it. Obviously, we didn't get anything close to a good night's sleep at this place. I RECOMMEND THAT NO ONE EVER STAY AT THIS PLACE!!

Stayed November 2007