“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Mexican
Newport, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My family and I took a quick trip to Chattanooga recently. I did searches in advance as my husband's one request was to have a great mexican meal. I was nervous about the appearance and location of this place, but decided to try it out as there were excellent reviews on trip advisor. As a long term member of the hospitality industry...I know full well that Trip Advisor is the place to go for the opinions of the "Average Joe" like me. My husband was so turned off by the scary neiborhood and building conditions, but I was able to convince him that the food would be excellent, so he finally agreed to give it a shot. He was never so justified to use the "I told you so" cliche. The food was average at best...no better than what you would expect from a strip mall food court. The food may be authentic, but I can say that meat (chicken and shrimp) was horrible, probably the cheapest, lowest grade supplier to be found. The ONLY menu item that I would recommend would be the guacamole. It was very good. Again, the guests that rate this as great Mexican food has obviously never had any.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jennifer B

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Mouth-watering tacos!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I grew up in Chattanooga but only visit home 1-2 times per year...and when I do, Taqueria Jalisco is first on my list of places to eat! The tacos are authentic- indistinguishable from many I enjoyed in Mexico City- and inexpensive, and the staff welcomes you as if you are family. Wash everything down with a Sodaworks soda, made in Chattanooga!

• Visited December 2012
Hixson, Tennessee
“Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My wife and I had lunch at Taqueria Jalisco on Monday April 15th . I was not aware of the restaurant until I read the reviews on the Saturday before our visit. My wife and I were the first customers in the restaurant that day. The young man Jorge asked if this was our first visit, he really made us feel welcome. It is a very small place and it didn't take long for it to fill up, several decided to dine in the outside area.One thing that we noticed was that Jorge knew each of the customers by name and on several occasions spoke their order to them before they placed it.I had the quesadilla and my wife had a burrito.I am not a fan of guacamole but I was tempted to try it because of the freshness.If you want authentic Mexican food, try Taqueria Jalisco.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank laboaks53
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Real Deal Mexican”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

If you want fresh, delicious, authentic Mexican food that is prepared expertly, then this is the place for you. Took my wife and kids here yesterday and had a great meal. Jorge was extremely welcoming and took care of us on our first trip here. Mom ( i believe ) was in the back doing all the cooking. My wife's guacamole was perfectly fresh and I ordered a burrito that came out nice and hot and was very filling. Kids had tacos and enjoyed them. Will make this a place we stop at on our future trips to Chattanooga.

• Visited March 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“One of my favorite downtown chattanooga -Mexican restaurants”
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Looks like a tiny dive, but the service and good are incredible. The beef tacos taste like steak- so yummy! Salsa and chips SE fresh and tasty. Guacamole is fresh and quesadillas are yummy. Try the tres leches cake too!!!

1 Thank CaseyMKnox