“People make the park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Raccoon Mountain RV Park and Campground
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My family and I spent two different weekends here as first time RV'ers. We needed a fair amount of advice and help with our RV as we didn't really know what we were doing. The entire staff went above and beyond to help us out, including driving me back and forth to an auto parts store. The washrooms were clean and my daughter enjoyed the playground as well. Good Job!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank u-luv-me

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Alright, so many things make this place great, friendly "neighbors," great facilities, but most of all their people. The first day we were there we needed help connecting our hose, and the guy working the office came out himself with his toolkit and connected it. The last day we needed help disconnecting our hose and yet again recieved ample help, but what really showed the character of the people that work here shone through as we were about to leave. The battery. We were sunk without a paddle, but this man who had helped us earlier in the day with the hose drove my father to the nearest auto store to check the battery after testing and trying to get this battery to work. Not only did this man provide transportation and his tools he proceeded to offer to pay for a plethora of things. All in all a great, memorable 36 hour visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My family rented a campsite for three nights here. We were close to a clean bath house, and a swing set which our children loved. We enjoyed the go kart racing on site, and the convenience store. The campsite was quiet and had a beautiful view of the mountains.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We decided to camp here because we were doing a wild caving tour at Raccoon Mountain. This is a nice place but at night when we were trying to sleep it was noisy. We kept hearing people drive by and could hear interstate traffic all night. We decided to camp somewhere else for the rest of our stay.

Barry R Jones Jr
Lynn Rae Moore

Adventure Bums
Get off the Path

If you have any questions please feel free to message us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adventurebums
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in Cabin #3 for 4 nights. It was small (slept 4 but would have been really crowded) and the fridge was in the bathroom, but after all, we were camping. Glad I picked #3 since it was at the end of the road and did have a bit of privacy. Read a review complaining that it was right next to a subdivision, but we couldn't see it from this location. The park was packed by the time we left. Quick drive to back to Chattanooga and convenient to Walmart.

Room Tip: Viewed from the outside, cabins 1, 5 and 8 were in pretty good locations but were bigger than we nee...
3  Thank Kirkross
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I reviewed their website thoroughly. It was depicted as a woodsy cabin rental with space in between cabins. SOOOO NOT THE CASE. When we first arrived, we literally saw a gravel parking lot with RV's and cabins facing directly toward (and pretty much inside) the lot. The cabins are not spaced out. They are directly side by side. We decided there may be more cabins on the grounds so we went ahead and checked in. When we got to our cabin, it was DIRECTLY NEXT TO the fitness center! And right by the parking lot of rv's. I was horrified since we were looking to have a romantic night. You see, when I made the reservation, I said it was just me and my husband and that I wanted the cabin with the prettiest view available. So, I was about in tears when the view from the front porch of the cabin was a gravel road, an electrical supply area with metal fence and gate, a metal swing set, and an old trailer/camper that had obviously been lived in for quite some time. Also, directly next to the front porch was a fence with trash built up next to it (a half used roll of toilet paper. Ugh). Not to mention as we were walking out of the check in building, there was a black styrofoam To-Go box torn open with 3 separate pieces of chicken bones scattered around it. Okay, as if I'm not horrified enough about our romantic night in a parking lot...but could this place be any nastier for traveling guests? Now, I grew up in the deep south and am use to seeing dog bones etc. and scraps lying around. But having this in a rental facility or place of business in TERRIBLE. Let's just say, my husband and I wanted to high tail it out of there only 5 minutes after pulling inside. The staff was nice enough to offer to give our money back when I told them we would NOT be staying at this place. They did not argue or anything. I have the feeling this was not the first time they have had customers complain and get refunded.

Suggestion for owners?: Accurately represent your facilities on your website.

8  Thank allie_crawley
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed in cabin #8 for ONE NIGHT. Checked in after hours so there was no way to change cabins or talk to management. About 5 full spider webs across steps leading up to front door, each equipped with it's own thick black spider. About 60 little bugs that looked like tics (they weren't because they had wings) were living on the inside of the front door. Plenty of spiders and a whole lot of thick and old dust all over inside of the cabin. Top of doors - thick dust. Rim of wood just below the ceiling - thick dust. Top shelf of shower - thick dust. Floor in kitchen - sticky. Wall of bathroom - spattered with what looked like bowel movement. Cover of futon - freshly stained with what looked like baby spit-up. Futon was broken and reminded me of the old horses at the rental stable with a severely curved-back.
I grew up in the mountains of Colorado and I prefer to "rough it" in tents and cabins. I expect rustic conditions, I bring our own linens, toilet paper, Lysol, cleaner, and I love interesting and new environments. Raccoon Mountain was disgusting and unsanitary. Perhaps staying in an RV would be OK at this park, but not a cabin. I'm not even taking the time to go into other issues we had with the unit and the management that couldn't have cared less. I will tell you that I have never given a review of this nature. I can't believe I have to. Such a bad experience in this "Sanford and Son" - looking park.
I will give the cave a great review as it is well deserved, but other than that, stay FAR FAR AWAY from this place. I wish I had paid attention to the many other bad reviews about this place, it would have saved me and awful experience.

Room Tip: For the love of Pete, don't stay in cabin #8. Bring your own cleaning supplies and linens and b...
4  Thank crsolo