“Loved staying in cabin #7” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Raccoon Mountain RV Park and Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Raccoon Mountain RV Park and Campground
Collierville, Tennessee
“Loved staying in cabin #7”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Cabin was clean, had wifi, a place to cook, a microwave and a refrigerator.
It had a lovely deck, table, chairs, and gas grill outside.

Couch was comfy and there were THREE televisions.

There was a strong mold smell under the bathroom sink. The beds were not terrible,but not very cushy either. I would bring a mattress topper, or sleeping bag next time. The only surprise was that there were no pots, pans, etc. make sure you pack your dishes, and cleaning supplies. Not a big deal for us, as there is a walmart nearby.

It is a VERY short walk to the cave, gift shop, swimming pool. This is about 10 minutes drive from downtown, and several amazing tourist spots. Will stay there again if we are in the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CampRMC, Manager at Raccoon Mountain RV Park and Campground, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thanks you guys for staying!! I am glad that you enjoyed the cabin and all we have to offer. As far as the smell in the bathroom I sent the maintenance staff to figure out what the issue was and it was a leak on the cold water line to the sink so thanks and we have gotten that taken care of. We hope that the next time you are in the area that you will again choose to stay with us.
Eric Bosley-Park Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Galesburg, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in a bigger cabin this year,#8 it was pretty private away from the other cabins and campground we enjoyed it a lot the view from the deck was beautiful.We have stayed there several years now the staff is friendly my only complaint has been the beds are uncomfortable so this year I brought a mattress topper

Room Tip: These are basic cabins not hotel room the bigger one have kitchens the price can't be beat
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks again for coming back you guys!! The mattresses are a tough situation as some like firm some like soft, we try to compromise and get something in between...Cabin 8 is an awesome cabin as it is tucked away by itself so you feel like you are away from it all.

Eric Bosley- Park Manager
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Horrible customer service experience!!
I tried to stay here 4 weeks ago with my wife. Live out of state, and had car trouble on the way. Since we knew out car issue would delay us, we called to cancel 48 hours ahead and asked for a refund. We were repeatedly told the manager would call us back. After 5 calls and much frustration, I finally spoke with Rick the "manager" today (again, had to call him). He was extremely rude, and would not release a refund. Told him I would even send a copy of the mechanics receipt, but he would not budge. Basically stated we were screwed. When I said I was disappointed and that I did not think that was friendly customer service, he said not his problem; rules are rules, read the website. They told my wife that even if you have a death in the family, no reimbursements if you do not contact them outide their 10-day cancelation window. We booked our site online, 4 days ahead, so this was never even a possibility for us! It is not as if we are talking lots of $$ here either, that would hurt their business. It was a $20 site! It is the concept that is truly disappointing, on how this business handles customer problems. I have contacted my credit card company; they are now disputing the charge. I advise you to be wary if you plan to do any business with Raccoon Mountain.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank VoyagingWanderer
I want to thank you for your feedback first off. But to be fair and respond when you make an online reservation at our park it goes through a third party (Go Hercules/Friend Communications) and you have to click that you agree to the cancel policy on that site. The cancel policy is 7 days in advance of your check-in date for all online reservations, this is made clear on that reservation page, and that policy can also be seen on our website. As far as the dispute goes FC will simply show your bank a screen shot of the terms and conditions hat you checked and agreed to when the reservation was made. I know people have car issues and sickness but you would be surprised how many people will use the death card as a way to try and avoid being charged. We actually had a lady 5+ years ago who made and cancelled 3 reservations in a matter of a month for all 3 major holiday weekends and cancelled 1 day early on each and wanted to not be charged because her mother apparently died 3 times, not sure how that is possible but we have to have policies in place to protect ourselves. I am in and out of the office ALL the time, we have a large park and have many things going on in the summer months so it is rare that I am actually in the office for more than a matter of minutes at a time and I apologize that no one returned the call however i did not see a message in our office call log for one to be returned, again we get busy this time of year. I appreciate the feedback however I do not feel that your review warrants a 1 rating as you never stayed at the park.
Eric Bosley-Park Manager
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I live in Knoxville and travel occasionally to Chattanooga when I feel the need to get out of town and don't want to go far. I found this place online while researching campgrounds. This place is great! I booked a small cabin for less than the price of a hotel room. That campground is right next to the cave, which is currently rated very highly. I will post a review for the attraction as well.
The staff was super friendly. There is a small store where you check in where you can buy firewood, beer and other camping stuff. Just a note, due to the bug issue, they don't allow you to bring your own firewood. However for $5 we got a very reasonable sized pile and kindling. Also on the grounds is a small pool, a go-cart track and a game room. The game room doesn't have much, but it kept us entertained for 30 or so minutes.
After staying here, I don't want see the need to stay anywhere else in the area. It's less than 10 minutes from all the attractions downtown.

Room Tip: Look at the website. The RV spots are huge!
      Cleanliness
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We love the convenience to attractions, the quietness of the campground and the decent prices for camping there.
We recently went to Chattanooga and didn't pull our camper. All the time we were there, we wished we had taken our camper and stayed here.
There is a Walmart just down the street, one of our favorite restaurants in the Chattanooga area (Hillbilly Willie's), downtown attractions, and Lake Winnie are all nearby.
The only thing missing is they took out the alpine slide a few years back. Having that attraction would make it hard to leave the place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank NorthALTideFan
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Definitely didn't get a warm welcome upon our arrival, however, they did give us a tent spot late on a Sunday evening. The tent spot was downhill on gravel so the massive storm that came the night we were there was a gully washer. Rain has nowhere to go when u don't have grass to absorb water. The spot was a huge mud hole as were all the other tent spots I saw. Bathrooms need a lot of attention. It's a big campground so you feel like just a number. Convenient to local attractions.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AddrenalineJunkie
Blacksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

A decent private campground.

Pros
Good shade
Close to chattanooga
Wild caving is

Cons
Sites are small and close together although they do seem to try to spread the campers out.

sites near stream are all on unlevel ground so there was a mud tidal wave running through or campsite when it rained.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles