“Awesome experience”
Review of Flying Adventures - CLOSED

Flying Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Flights, Tennessee River Gorge, Nickajack Lake, Flythis.biz, Adventure flying, WSC Amphibious Trike, Cygnet, Chattanooga, Introductory Flight Lesson
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My wife and I recently did this for our anniversary and loved it. Our pilot was extremely gracious and even us fly the trike. Just an incredible experience and one I would recommend to anyone.

Huntsville, Alabama
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Life is Short . . . So Get Busy Living!!! Sweet As!!”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I happened to stumble upon this particular outfit through Groupon. What a GREAT find!!! Erik is laid-back and cool yet totally professional. We bought two introductory flights (one for me and one for my wife (a real trooper she is!)). It took a few weekends to get scheduled between weather and our travels but oh was the wait worth it! A glorious day with sun and clouds but little wind. Erik set the beast up quickly and with grins on our faces, he cranked up the engine and rolled into the water. Shortly thereafter, he retracts the wheels, points into the wind and throttles up. After liftoff speed is obtained, he pulls back and you are flying with the birds and enjoying the beauty and grandeur of the area. I loved it and so did my wife. We HIGHLY recommend you try this. Now for some suggestions - bring a jacket, expect to get wet on your feet and legs (but not soaked) and expect to have a big grin on your face. We bought the video and recommend that option. One card was sufficient for both intro flights and you can get stills from them. We also bought t-shirts and the logo on the t-shirt is what I put for the title (Except I added "Sweet As!!" which is a NZ saying that Erik can understand since he worked in Queenstown for a while). . . . .So Get Busy Living!!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bruce C
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nothing like it!”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Erik greeted us when we arrived with a casual observation about the osprey's flying over us, and I knew that the focus of the ride would not be a daredevil event, as my husband feared. "Aren't you afraid you are going to fall out of that thing?", my husband asked me. I knew safety wasn't an issue, and i didn't have a fear of heights, so I figured I was ok. My son who has flown RC planes from a young age has been in a pursuit of speed with freedom. I knew it was a perfect fit. Erik gave us a quick education, and then the unexpected occurred. You drive into the water like a john boat , and when the right conditions are met, he lifts the nose and we were airborne. The next thing I knew we were looking down at the trees. Erik is a unobtrusive tour guide, allowing the time for the sense of wonder to saturate you. He is completely open to questions and can give background info on what you are seeing. And my son arrived back on the ground with a grin that could not be wiped off his face!

Visited August 2012
erik g, Manager at Flying Adventures, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
I'm really glad you had such a great experience!! Thanks very much for coming and for sharing.
Elkmont, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AWESOME EXPERIENCE!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Eric is an excellent Pilot. He gives great information about the things you are seeing during the flight. This is one of the coolest experiences of my life. You will see some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere.

Visited July 2012
Tucker, Georgia
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My daughter-in-law, granddaughter (college girl) and I all went up in the 'Trike' with Erik - individually- and each of us will review but I got to it first! Erik is a consummate guide, he is extremely safety conscious and very experienced in flying. Once you take off, it is a bit intimidating to just go up, up and away but you very quickly feel safe and comfy since Erik is pointing out surroundings and his enthusiasm for this is catching. I found myself leaning out a bit and pointing out and asking 'what's that?" many times. Erik had all the asnwers. He also wants you to experience the feel of the craft and has you try turning a bit - feels very different than a car on the road at 80 mph but still - not scary. Loved this experience and have told everyone I know about it including total strangers we met in Chatt a couple of hours later.
SO - go ahead and do it - your bucket list will not be complete with out it!!!

Visited May 2012
, Manager at Flying Adventures, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you for the most excellent feedback, it was a pleasure getting you ladies airborne!!