“Awesome! We had a blast!”
Review of Flying Adventures - CLOSED

Flying Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Flights, Tennessee River Gorge, Nickajack Lake, Flythis.biz, Adventure flying, WSC Amphibious Trike, Cygnet, Chattanooga, Introductory Flight Lesson
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The weather was perfect and Erik was very knowledgeable and friendly. Couldn't have been any better. Can't wait to go again!

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Do you want something exciting to do that is out of the ordinary?? If yes, try powered hangliding with Erik of Fly This! over Lake Nickajack, TN! The Light Sport Aircraft starts out as a 3-wheeled tricycle on the ground, goes into the water floating on pontoons, and then takes off flying via it’s hanglider wing. It is fun for all from those just going for the ride to see the scenery to retired pilots who are missing the experience of flying. Passengers listen through a headset as Erik expertly explains the whole flight experience from the craft’s description and flight mechanisms to the beautiful scenery. Erik also lets the passengers take control and fly if desired! What fun! Erik offers a video that captures your whole flight experience and the video is a wonderful keepsake to relive the fun of the flight and beauty of the area! So, if you’ve ever wanted to try hangliding but didn’t feel you had the strength or confidence, Fly This! will be a thrilling experience! It will be especially beautiful as fall approaches and the colors start popping out – book today!!

2  Thank Mark and Susan P
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My wife and I recently did this for our anniversary and loved it. Our pilot was extremely gracious and even us fly the trike. Just an incredible experience and one I would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I happened to stumble upon this particular outfit through Groupon. What a GREAT find!!! Erik is laid-back and cool yet totally professional. We bought two introductory flights (one for me and one for my wife (a real trooper she is!)). It took a few weekends to get scheduled between weather and our travels but oh was the wait worth it! A glorious day with sun and clouds but little wind. Erik set the beast up quickly and with grins on our faces, he cranked up the engine and rolled into the water. Shortly thereafter, he retracts the wheels, points into the wind and throttles up. After liftoff speed is obtained, he pulls back and you are flying with the birds and enjoying the beauty and grandeur of the area. I loved it and so did my wife. We HIGHLY recommend you try this. Now for some suggestions - bring a jacket, expect to get wet on your feet and legs (but not soaked) and expect to have a big grin on your face. We bought the video and recommend that option. One card was sufficient for both intro flights and you can get stills from them. We also bought t-shirts and the logo on the t-shirt is what I put for the title (Except I added "Sweet As!!" which is a NZ saying that Erik can understand since he worked in Queenstown for a while). . . . .So Get Busy Living!!!

1  Thank Bruce C
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Erik greeted us when we arrived with a casual observation about the osprey's flying over us, and I knew that the focus of the ride would not be a daredevil event, as my husband feared. "Aren't you afraid you are going to fall out of that thing?", my husband asked me. I knew safety wasn't an issue, and i didn't have a fear of heights, so I figured I was ok. My son who has flown RC planes from a young age has been in a pursuit of speed with freedom. I knew it was a perfect fit. Erik gave us a quick education, and then the unexpected occurred. You drive into the water like a john boat , and when the right conditions are met, he lifts the nose and we were airborne. The next thing I knew we were looking down at the trees. Erik is a unobtrusive tour guide, allowing the time for the sense of wonder to saturate you. He is completely open to questions and can give background info on what you are seeing. And my son arrived back on the ground with a grin that could not be wiped off his face!

erik g, Manager at Flying Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

I'm really glad you had such a great experience!! Thanks very much for coming and for sharing.