“Fantastic Inn in downtown Chattanooga!!”
Review of The Dwell Hotel

The Dwell Hotel
Ranked #27 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Fantastic Inn in downtown Chattanooga!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My girlfriend and I recently spent three nights at the Stone Fort Inn in downtown Chattanooga, and what an unexpected surprise it was!! First of all, the service was impecable by any ones standards. The Inn's manager James was very gracious and helpful from the first moment we met. The Inn itself met all of our criteria for a pleasent weekend experiance, and the breakfeast was absolutely amazing. In general the entire staff at the Stone Fort Inn was very personble and eager to help the guests in any way possible. For those who don't mind walking a little; most of the better restauraunts were within a ten minute walk. I would highly reccomend staying at the Stone Fort Inn the next time you are in Chattanooga! We'll be back!!

Room Tip: Pick a balcony room as they aford a relaxing outdoor experiance.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is a great bed and breakfast! Don't go into it expecting a perfect room, because it is a B&B after all. What it lacks in perfect accommodations it makes up for in beauty, charm, and customer service.

The good: Fair price; Easy access to downtown chattanooga, the university, and various restaurants; Free cookies, breakfast (VERY good), and a wine/cheese tasting (albeit short hours on weekends).

The mediocre: The floors are very noisy! We were on the second floor and it sounded like the room above us was doing step aerobics in workboots. You can also hear people moving around the hallway and shutting their doors. The bed also caved in towards the middle with two adult (average weight) sleepers in it.

Opinion: Great for those seeking an eclectic environment or a unique experience.

Room Tip: If you go, request a room on the third floor (an elevator is available). If given the option, stay f...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This was my first time at Stone Fort Inn. It certainly will not be my last. Every single staff member from housekeeping, to chef, to front desk was cheerful, attentive to needs, and responsive. The included breakfast was heavenly and I am still craving the white chocolate raspberry scones and cheesy hash brown casserole. My room was spacious with immaculate decorations and a large, comfortable bed. What really made the stay memorable were the many extra touches such as the jetted tub on my balcony, delicious cookies in the hallways, wine and cheese hour, spotless rooms, San Pellegrino by the bed, iPads for internet searches, and impeccable decor throughout the inn. The Stone Fort is a true gem.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Antioch, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed there years ago I think 2008... It was a awesome experience,so awesome I'm going back this year...if you want to relaxful,quite, friendly,and the best gourmet food ever,stay here you won't regret it! At the time we went can't really remember the date,I have a failure to remember dates,lol,but they had a play that they did in the dining room in the evening at dinner,that was truly a treat,idk if they have these regular and I think this was a additional charge cause of the dinner, I so hope they still have this Im looking forward to it...we had the breakfast buffet which was awesome food I never ate but tasted very good. The beds were so comfortable nothing like we have ever slept on,like sleeping on a cloud and very comfortable plush linens ,we had a private balcony with a jet tub so relaxing! 1-10 I give this place a 10+! when we left we felt we knew the inn keepers for years,they make you feel like your right at home and then some! Thanks!

Room Tip: You'll be glad you picked this bed and breakfast!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 April 2012

For those who may not want to read this whole review - give it a try and prepare to be impressed. That's my short review.
Here is the real scoop: I was hesitant at first to try the B&B because I had inquired about their cost and amenities in the past and was disappointed by the PREVIOUS owner's quality of customer service. I am so glad that I revisited this place. I literally went and visited the property prior to booking a stay and took a look for myself and was pleasantly surprised. I was greeted with kindness and got a chance to ask questions and see some of the rooms that were open at the time. Picky people need to be prepared that it's an older place. Things are clean and in good condition, but it's not like a chain hotel and that's what drew me there - to get that experience of being somewhere a little special instead of a sterile, boring hotel room. There is free wireless and a flat screen television with cable in each room at Stone Fort. They all have a different style and are nicely finished with artwork and details that shows that each room was designed with care. I fell in love with the decor and the overall feel of the place. I have spent one night and now I have a reservation for two more nights with my husband for my next Chattanooga trip. I was very happy with my pretty room and the spaciousness of the bathroom. I had a smaller room, so I can't wait for my next stay when I have a bigger one as I already was very satisifed with the queen bed and less square footage. I would love to go sometime when I don't have to work and just take in the city and luxuriate with the room, the tub, and the meal with time to take in everything the B&B has to offer. The little extras mean a lot to me. I liked the bottled water in the room, the homemade cookies left in the hallway, the wine and cheese hour (I missed it but was still offered the wine upon my late in the evening check in), the spacious main floor with the free newspaper and iPad to use. The breakfast seriously deserves a whole paragraph to itself. :)
This breakfast is one to savor. Make arrangements for yourself to not be in a rush so you can really enjoy it. It's self-serve, so there's no waiting that takes any of your time, but you have to relax and treat yourself to this scrumptious meal. The food is SO good that you need to be ready to try a little of everything. From REAL biscuits and gravy to delicous breakfast casserole-style eggs and hashbrowns to homemade scones. Oh my goodness, I can't remember everything they offered. There is fresh fruit and cereal if you're trying to keep things light, but how can you pass on the made to order eggs? When the quiche and cheesy egg casserole is so good you have no room, that's how. :) We were in heaven with the breakfast. I would have been satisfied with the nice room, the great tub, the warm, friendly staff that treated me so well, but when you add in the breakfast... I had to take the time to give a review because I was so very impressed. I'll keep going back and hope the current owner is aware of the great staff that he/she has running the place. I deserve a good trip with a nice place to stay in Chattanooga and I'm so glad to have found it.

Room Tip: I liked my small room facing the street (10th street) very much. I am trying one facing the back ne...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Nashville
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We had the best time at Stone Fort Inn! I loved all the funirture and orignial hardwood floors. The inside was absolutley beautiful. They also offer a wonderful wine and cheese reception in the afternoons. Breakfast is definitely a special treat. It is well above the average breakfast food. We were also very impressed with the staff. They did an outstanding job making sure we had everything we needed. We will be going back! Thanks for an awesome experience!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Private and peaceful, to say the least. Such a treat to get away from the typical "full service" hotel atmosphere without "points" and "loyalty promotions" being shoved down your throat. The staff is top-notch and personable -- everything from the arrival greeting at the door, to "wine and cheese" hour conversation, and even a quick tour around the property. My trip was intended as a quick R&R getaway with no real plan, to one that will be remembered. The property is located within walking distance to everything downtown, but sits on a low traffic street which makes for quiet nights with little street noise. Food was excellent too, which exceeded my expectations. 5 stars for Stone Fort!

Room Tip: I browsed several of the "open" rooms and each are nice in their own unique way. Our room...