“Great Place to stay”

Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Got two rooms here over Christmas. They were very nice and clean and up-to-date. Really liked the Christmas dinner (free!) and then the next night they had a free baked potato bar which was also delicious. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here if I ever get back to Chattanooga.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a one-night family get away and had a very pleasant experience. The staff was help, breakfast was good, room (and everything else) was clean. It is too far to walk to tourist attractions but there is a shuttle stop pretty close to the hotel so it wasn't too big of a deal.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I could have sworn the last time we stayed here the rooms were bigger. I just checked the video I posted here in 2009 and indeed they were.

The room we were given this time was more like a standard hotel room with a small kitchen stuck to the side. The entire room (uhhhh...I mean "suite") felt tight. The bathroom door barely cleared the toilet and there was no clearance between the main bed & the fold out sofa when it was extended.

On a more positive note, the breakfast is great and the dinner buffet (tue/wed/thur) was fairly decent. The indoor pool and hot tub are another plus.

My only suggestion is limiting yourself to two occupants. Even my two small children were ready to leave after a few days.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear otownrob,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. It is good to know you enjoyed breakfast and hotel indoor pool. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that on this day we were not able to meet your expectations especially with the condition of the room accommodations received. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

After a quick trip to Atlanta, we popped over to Chattanooga. I had stayed at the Doubletree there with my husband beforw and wanted to show the kids the area. I booked this hotel because it was within a mile and had free wifi, an indoor pool, free breakfast, and a kitchen. Everything was fine at this hotel. Nothing was outstanding or memorable and I really wished I had booked closer to the aquarium so we could have explored a little more. It was too cold outside for the kids so we walked around the downtown for a very little while and then left. Overall, this hotel is fine but next time I would probably book at a different location to be part of the action.

• Stayed: December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear MamaConner,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.

I humbly apologize for our location did not suit your needs. Nevertheless, it was real pleasure to learn that you were still able to enjoy your stay with us and that you were satisfied with most of the services that we have to offer.

It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I hope that you will give us again another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was in Chattanooga on business, and I had the best stay at this Staybridge. I looked at reviews and saw some good ones for Staybridge, so I thought I would give it a chance. I will definately stay there when I come to town again. It was just what they advertised--very home-like and warm--lots of extra comforts that were great. I love the kitchenette--stocked very adequately, the room was clean and very comfortable. Quiet at night--for a good sleep. Wonderful breakfast with lots of extras--I have never gotten brown sugar for my oatmeal before! Very warm and inviting lobby/den/sitting area. Good business center (the printer works!). It had everything I needed. The social hour was great too--good food! And they accept pets! It isn't "central" to the riverfront hot spots--but that's not what I wanted. And I am a woman traveling alone--I felt safe there. No, it isn't a true luxury hotel--but if you want comfort--stay right here!

Room Tip: You can get one on the parking area side--away from the streets--but it really isn't noisy there...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We stay here each time we come to Chattanooga. Great for all the kids with the indoor pool and great breakfast. Also nice for us with the separate bedroom. Kitchenette is better than most. Also nice to have free enclosed parking in a downtown hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

OK if you need a kitchenette. Clean enough, just no luxuries. Farther from downtown than most, so be preparedto walk . I was out later than the shuttle, so walking back by myself was worrisome. The area the hotel is in looked good, but I passed through a couple questionable areas to get there.

• Stayed: October 2013