“Nice, convenient”

Ranked #22 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
U.S.A
“Nice, convenient”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. Spacious suites, quiet rooms, well stocked kitchen with all of the necessities for an extended stay. Very convenient, with the convention center right next door! As an added bonus, a "Social Hour" is included in the cost in the evening, and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here while attending a convention at the center across the street. The location was extremely convenient and the gated parking lot is great. (And it only costs $3 a day versus the Marriott on the other end of the convention center, which charges $10 or $12 a day.)

I booked a studio suite and it was fairly spacious; additionally, having the efficiency kitchen (fridge, microwave, small stovetop, sink, dishwasher) was a great way to save money on eating out. I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that they serve a decent *free* continental breakfast, and on this particular weekend they served it until 10:30, which is much later than most places that offer free breakfast.

The only issues with my stay were very minor ones. The elevators are very slow (especially when you're trying to go down) and the stairs only lead outside. I asked for a late checkout on Sunday (even an extra hour would have been nice) and was given an emphatic and not exactly POLITE "We don't have any available today." Also, despite using a CREDIT card for my reservation, they put an additional hold totaling about 15% of the cost of my stay on my card - without any warning. I had to call to ask them about it when I got home and saw that I was being charged so much more than my reservation confirmation said - and was only then told about this additional charge that "would fall off within three business days".

Though there isn't much else (outside of the convention center) on this side of the city, it was convenient enough for my needs and also quite a bit cheaper than the Marriott or the Choo Choo. Overall, I'm pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Birmingham
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We couldn't decide where to stay in Chattanooga and had actually booked this hotel and another more "upscale" hotel, but in the end decided on this one because of the kitchen and "walk-out" parking and being pet-friendly. We really were undecided on it, but it was a wonderful surprise!!! The outdoor parking, where you can go to your car at your leisure and come and go without any issues, is priceless! Not to mention that the parking lot is GATED! and well-lit (a big plus). The staff were outstanding and very efficient - our room was ready early and she told us to come on and check in. Another great thing about this hotel is a free breakfast and free social hour during the week which also has food and drinks. That is a nice touch! The room was very nice and very clean -- loved having separate living space and bedroom. The air worked well -- however it is a little loud, so I would suggest bringing a sound machine and/or fan to drown out the noise. The hotel is pet friendly and there are plenty of small areas for your pup to walk -- with doggie stations for clean-up (another amenity that was a wonderful surprise). Nice workout area and laundry. Patio area with tables and chairs. Indoor pool and hot tub. On our last night and the next morning there was a foul odor outside, so I don't know if it is close to a factory or something, but that was not pleasant. However, I really can not think of anything bad to say about this hotel. The location was great even though we had to drive to restaurants and shops -- it was an easy trip to anywhere. I usually am a "diva" when it comes to hotels - I want to stay at the best or the hippest with the most going on -- but I may have changed my tune. I loved this hotel for the price, the safety, the convenience and the amenities. Unless I stay down by the river and aquarium, I will always try to stay at this hotel while visiting Chattanooga -- especially if I have my four-legged baby. Great hotel! Thanks for surprising me!

Room Tip: Bring a sound machine or fan to drown out the noise of the air conditioning and traffic from the int...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Champlain, Quebec
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stay here every year when I come down to the office for our yearly training week. It was a great stay as usual and all was up to spec. the rooms are clean and comfortable and everyone there has the southern hospitality. Check in was quick and effective and the front desk people were all efficient and polite. I will be staying here again next year as usual.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My Father was working across the street ( Setting up for the boat show) from the Staybridge with his crew when the weather got bad. They needed a place to stay and, Jim, the manager, couldn't have been any nicer or helpful. My father has a boat cleaning business in Chattanooga and needed to wash and dry towels for the next day. The manager handled all of that for my dad. They had a nice room and a nice reception that evening with food and beer and wine.
His experience was incredibly positive. Thank you Staybridge Suites and the Employees for doing a wonderful job!! It is truly appreciated!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here for a few days for a family event. The suite included a kitchenette, work desk, couch, and two separate beds. Everything was clean and in excellent condition. Staff was good, gave me a complimentary bottle of orange juice at check-out when I missed breakfast due to an early departure and called me a reliable taxi to get around town and to the airport.

Breakfast was standard and good - eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea.

Internet was complimentary, quick, reliable and available throughout the hotel.

Extremely helpful to me was that the business center was available and that I could print out a text quickly without any charge - a life saver - and that I could do laundry free of charge ($1 for detergent) at any time (especially because I had no luggage due to the airline delay). There is a small commissary with the front desk to buy small supplies (like detergent or snacks).

Free, gated parking adjacent to the hotel. Convention center is directly across the street.

Overall, a hotel that provides all basic services very well.

Room Tip: Rooms across from convention center may be lit up by electronic sign from convention center building...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Nice room at a great value. 6 year old enjoyed the pool, convenient to both downtown and Ruby Falls, nice breakfast. Only issue was TV didn't work in the living room and they need someone cleaning the tables and taking out the trash during breakfast, the eating area got a little nasty.

• Stayed January 2014