“Clean and comfortable”

Comfort Inn & Suites - Lookout Mountain
Ranked #16 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed 1 night on our way through town with our young kids. Very easy to find right off I-24, shares a parking lot with Quality Inn and is next door to a gas station and McDonalds. Not much right there to eat but the next exit over has more options. We ordered pizza from Mr. T's.

Staff were all pleasant and prompt despite being very busy due to the hotel being full.. Halls and lobby were clean and in good shape. Indoor pool was nice but the room was very hot, so we were able to go over to the Quality Inn pool! The room was fairly standard for Comfort Inn, good beds, clean, microwave and fridge. Breakfast was fine....waffle, breads/rolls, cereal, sausage and eggs. My only complaint was the "off brand" yogurt, which was terrible but easy to avoid. The only real issue we had was that the hotel was so busy it was a long wait for the single, small elevator at times.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites - Lookout Mountain

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way back from Florida so that we could sight see at Lookout Mountain. Room was okay but needs updating. The in room coffe pot had rust stains on it so we couldn't use it. The lobby coffe was cold. Staff was ok, but they were upset that we were only staying one night. The pool hours are bad open at 9 when checkout is 11. Breakfast was not hte best and the eggs looked burnt. The lady running the breakfast area was also operating the front desk and doing laundry at the same time. I will find another hotel on our next trip thru the area!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We chose this hotel based on it's price and proximity to Lookout Mountain. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We stayed in a king with fold-out couch room and it was spacious enough for our family of 4 to not feel cramped. The heated indoor pool was a nice feature and the spa was very relaxing.
I'm not sure what the cleaning crew uses, but the room smelled VERY strongly of it each time after they cleaned, almost to the point of headache. But we were lucky in that the window opened so we could air the room out.
If you're using the on-site laundry...BEWARE! The lint trap installed in the dryer is not the original and doesn't fit right. There are sharp screws protruding into the dryer and my daughter's favorite shirt caught one and ripped.
Overall the price was fantastic and the location was great. I would stay here again.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed 2 nights, and it was convenient to all of the attractions we were interested in. The staff was very knowledgeable of the area, and pointed us to Hillbilly Willie's bbq, which was also excellent, as well at Mr. T's pizza and Ice Cream. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

When traveling to and from our winter home in Florida, we usually stay in the Lookout Mountain area of Chattanooga. This was our second stay at this hotel. It is very convenient to I-24. The reception staff was very friendly, and check in was fast.

The hallway carpeting badly needed replacing, but the room carpet looked to be new. The furniture was a little banged up, but the bedding seemed new and pillows were good. I would have liked to have 2 top sheets surrounding the blanket. The bathroom had plenty of counter space and enough towels,

I had a little trouble with internet access, but once I tried the second option, it was fine. The temperature was fine in the room without adjusting it and the blower didn't go on and off all night, like in some motels.

My husband really liked the configuration of the jets in the hot tub--great after a long day of driving. Many hotels of this caliber do not have hot tubs.

The breakfast room was pleasant and clean, but the selection and quality wasn't very good. The square egg thing (omelet?) was quite dried out and the cover over the rolls was taped on with scotch tape and fell off as I was lifting it. We asked about the availability of a newspaper and a USA Today was immediately brought to our table. Nice!

All in all, I doubt if I would want an extended stay at this hotel, but it met our needs for one night passing through.

Room Tip: If you have a room facing the Quality Inn next door, their bright lights shine in your window all ni...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have become increasingly fond of Comfort Inn and Suites. Most of the time these have been comfortable clean and had a good, but not great breakfast. This one was a little better than some. The room was quite and comfortable. Loved the pillows. The rate reasonable. I travel often so I tend to look for consistency in Hotels. I love Drury's and Hampton Inns but Comfort Inn has become one of my top four brands. We got in late and the front desk was very nice. The breakfast hot and food bar stocked well. Driveway was a mess, but otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Acebietz
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Room was decent, fairly big and clean.

Pool and hot tub were nice, but the hot tub was not very hot.

Carpet in halls was in need of replacement.

Poor location with very little in the way of dining in the area.

Poor, and I do mean poor breakfest.

Internet was slow and a pain to log into.

I will find someplace else on my next trip to the area

Room Tip: The next exit to the west off of 26 has a lot more choices of dining.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business