“Great little place on Lookout Mountain.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sky Harbor Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Sky Harbor Court
Ranked #3 of 9 Chattanooga B&B and Inns
Decatur, Georgia
“Great little place on Lookout Mountain.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have been here a number of times and have always had a nice visit. Each room has its own porch with a nice view of the Moccasin Bend of the Tennessee River. The family who runs it stays onsite and is very helpful.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are the same size, and there are only 10 rooms in total.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Duncan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We arrived in late December 2011 and the place was not full. Our room (#3) was filthy and disgusting. The smell of pets, food crumbs on the furniture, dust everywhere and a rusted out bathtub were just minor annoyances compared to what we found in the shower. Someone left their hair stuck to the shower wall! I went to the office and told the owner and requested another room. She immediately denied that the room was dirty (even though she did not bother to go look) and told me curtly to go somewhere else. I was happy to oblige and got a clean room for less money at the Hampton Inn nearby. This place is not an "inn", it's a dirty motel. The owners must be very wealthy because they have no need for paying guests. They are a disgrace to the hospitality that Tennessee is famous for.

• Stayed December 2011
9 Thank Tryanm
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I booked a double room for my brother and sister-in-law when they came to town for a visit. They reported that their room, although dated, was clean and comfortable. There were plenty of blankets and towels and a small refrigerator and microwave were in the room. Coffee and doughnuts were available each morning.

The best part was the view. They enjoyed their coffee while sitting out on the balcony overlooking the Fall leaves and the Tennessee River each morning and saw Downtown Chattanooga beautifully illuminated each evening.

They will be back in Chattanooga and would like to stay here once again.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Gainesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

In my search for a place to stay this summer, I kept coming back to the Inn. I was drawn back to the reviews and the pictures so reserved the room. Loved the idea of a private balcony to enjoy the sunrise with my coffee, the sunset, or the gorgeous view of the river - night or day. Driving up the road and looking up at this beautifully tucked away place, I knew this was the right decision. Walking in to the room, I was met with the smell of cleanliness, a nice little note from Ms Betty (the housekeeper), beautiful wood floors, a nice little table, and lots of towels. The room was quite cozy and nicely decorated. A little frig sat in the corner, with an ice bucket and individually wrapped cups. In the dresser, there were extra blankets and extra pillows (which I took advantage of when sitting out on the balcony). I loved sitting out on the balcony in the mornings with my coffee and at night with a drink watching the barges and boats traveling the river. The view was amazing. One morning there were deer (I think) out in the field across the river. As I sat on the balcony that first night listening to the sounds of the night, my decision was once again confirmed...this was the perfect place. I was transported back to a time of childhood when things were more relaxed and moved more slowly.

The beds were very comfortable; the bathroom was small, but there was plenty of room to take care of business; the water was always hot and never a shortage of towels or wash cloths. The notes from Ms Betty were sweet...a nice touch making you fell welcome. If I hadn't seen the cats myself, I wouldn't have known they were there. The Inn is centrally located. I couldn't believe how close things were, but still felt like I was away from everything. The road below the hotel was traveled, but I never heard any noise once inside the room. This is a lovely little gem of a place. The owners have done a wonderful job with the place.

Should I make it back to Chattanooga, this will be where I stay. It's not the fanciest place, but it is truly a lovely little get-a-way. I would recommend here for my friends and for any one wanting a nice romantic place to stay as well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kittykat913
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

If your looking for the Hilton or a chain motel, this is not the place for you. If you like quiet, relaxing, and old fashion, then you should like this place. It is a small motel and no one bothers you. But the people who owned and worked there were friendly and were very nice to talk to. This place is nestled along the mountain side over looking the river and Chattanooga and centrally located among the different sight seeing places. Just past the motel there is an old roadway you can take a nice walk along. There is no eating place on the property, but she does have coffee and pastries out every morning to help you start your day. There are restaurants within a mile or two of the motel. The room I had was always clean smelling when i came back from sight seeing, with clean towels and extra towels for the pool. As far as the cats go, yes i did see three of them on the property and they would walk away from you if you tried to approach them. But i didn't smell any cat smell and my sense of smell is pretty good. People say the bathroom was small. To me there was plent of room to move around in it. After all, i am not staying in the bathroom except for certain things, so how much room do you need ? Someone said they had to pay for the ice. There was no sign you had to pay for it and i did ask about that and i was told the ice was free. Just do not fill up big ice chests and take all the ice. The balcony was private and relaxing. In the morning it was nice sitting out there drinking a cup of coffee, during the day could watch the boats going along the river, and at night see the city lights. Nice sunset at night but do not know what the sunrise looked like. I did not go in the pool, but it looked very clean to me. There is a road below the motel that was traveled alot but could not hear the noise from it in the room. The road to the motel is a dead end. So except for the people coming to or from the motel, there is no extra traffic. One thing i thought was funny, there were no bugs (mosquitoes, flies etc.) Maybe because it was the middle of July and it was hot this summer. I stayed for three nights and wished it was longer. If in the area, I would stay here again and no where else.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Like_T0_Travel65
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

I am so glad I booked this stay and ignored the reviews. My husband and I were on a cross country trip in August 2011 and I would go on my phone and look for places to stay while we were driving. I came across this place and was iffy because of the reviews here on trip advisor but booked it anyway. What can I say,we are adventurous! The room was so cute and couldn't have been cleaner. Yea it is not modern day brand new hotel style but it's clean, cute, and cozy with a beautiful view. It is a hideaway, so quiet and relaxing after a long drive. We took a nice dip in our private jacuzzi (who cares that it is in the room and not in the bathroom by the way, I don't get the complaints on here. Having it in the room near the big window and screen door allowed us to enjoy the view while soaking and relaxing.) I didn't smell any weird cat smells either by the way. Yes I saw a couple of cats roaming the property, that was part of the charm. The owners were friendly, accomodating, and didn't bother us. Ms Betty, the housekeeper is a doll and does a beautiful job on keeping everything looking perfect. She is so cute with the little notes she leaves, what a sweet woman. We only wished we could have stayed more than one night and enjoyed some wine on the balcony at night. It was breathtaking and peaceful.

Room Tip: Pick the room with the jacuzzi!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sjg82
Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

My husband and I booked a Wednesday night prior to the Thursday start of the 127 garage sale. We drove down from the Chicagoland area that morning. We checked in and went to our room by about 6pm. It was like staying in grandmas house. The floors are old wood, The bathroom was small but meet our needs. No it is not white glove clean but it was charming. The best part is the balcony. It overlooks the river and downtown Chattanooga. It was hot that day ( August 3rd- 95+ degrees) We ordered a pizza and it arrived in like 20 minutes! After a short nap and checking our emails we went to the pool area. The owners were there with some other guests. The view with the lights was outstanding and the swim was nice. very quiet. During our stay there were no children.

There are cat's on the property. I LOVE cats so that was a super plus. While feral they are very nice and do not come unless you feed them. We brought some cat food and feed them on the public balcony after our swim. We relaxed and enjoyed the view and our new friends. In the am, I woke early excited about the garage sale road trip and I was greated with the most beautiful purple/ pink sunrise I have ever seen. We left some food, cat snacks and pizza for the housekeeper for the cats.

If you are picky, whiny, hate cats or generally have a city mentality that the place must be perfect then do not go here. Do the others who love this place a favor by staying away. But if you want a unique experience with a wonderful view in a very pieceful setting then you HAVE to stay here. It is laid back and charming. IT is not a Best Western or Holiday Inn Express. That is why we stayed here. We wanted to be at the foot of Lookout Mountain away from the hustle and bustle below. Doors and floors are not perfectly level, not everything was perfect and who cares!! You will not find an experience like this on the hotel strips or in downtown Chattanooga. The owners are nice. The housekeeper is simply adorable and the setting reminds me of the old time motor lodges. We plan on coming back next year and hope to bring some friends with to share this wonderful experience. Highly recommend!! The price is a bit higher than the local Best Western but the place is worth it for an intimate atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple