“Wonderful stay!”
Review of Sky Harbor Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Sky Harbor Court
Ranked #3 of 9 Chattanooga B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Perfect little hotel. Had very comfy beds, was extremely clean, with mini fridge and microwave. Lots of linens, we were given 10 towels every day for 4 people along with hand towels and washcloths. Beautiful views of Chattanooga from our room and very close to town. Super nice owners, helpful with all our questions. Pool was very clean. Cats on property were friendly, but not annoyingly so. We parked at the parking garage at the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel and took the shuttle around town, the parking was $3.00 all day, the shuttle was free and takes you everywhere. We would stay again. No major breakfast ammenities, but we were aware of this before booking. Coffee and doughnuts each morning were available for the early birds (prior to 8am). Hotel was safe, clean, and secure inside and out. Bathrooms were slightly dated, but not in disrepair or in need of any fixing up. No mildew at all. Terrific back screened porch over looking the river.

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet, some border the pool, so ask for one not close if you mind noise later in the even...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ameliki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Liberty, Iowa
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This little inn is located on the side of the mountain with wonderfull views of Chattanooga. You are also just 5miles from downtown; so also a good location. The owner was very friendly and I like that she has a per friendly inn. The beds are very firm and the comforters need to be replaced as they were pretty worn in our room. She puts out donuts and coffee in the morning for breakfast. And we didn't use the pool but it looked very nice. I will be unlikely to stay here again as the price doesn' really coincide to the type of room you stay in and could easliy stay in another hotel that is more updated for the same price

Room Tip: all the rooms have a balcony so I don't think you can get a bad room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank erica y
Homewood, Illinois
Reviewed 20 July 2012

First of all, if you're looking for a hotel with designer sheets, a 40-inch flatscreen, a Keurig coffee-maker, and a twenty-item breakfast, don't come here. If, however, you want a place not designed with a cookie cutter, a room that looks more like someone's home, and not someone's office, and a chance to sit in a rocking chair on your private porch, overlooking both a river and the lights of Chattanooga, then stay a night or two.

It's close to attractions, but away from hotel row, in a more country-like setting. Not exactly on the side of a mountain, it's still high enough to lift you away from the rest of the city. (In some respects, it's like staying in a private cabin at a state park.) My wife and I spent two nights here, and we're glad we did.

The king bed room was not available the first night we stayed, so we decided to take the two double beds room, and switch to the king the next evening. However, the room (#10) was on the end of the cabin row, and afforded a more sweeping view from the porch, so we opted for a second night there. It was very relaxing to slowly rock after a very busy day of sightseeing, and the only thing causing us to go back into the room earlier than desired was the unrelenting humidity. (Don't ever believe it's always cooler in the mountains.)

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the air conditioning kept us at the right temperature. Plenty of clean towels. The TV was a little older, but it worked just fine, and the cable channel selection was very good—as if the television should be a make-or-break feature. There was nothing that made us feel like we wanted to check-out early.

I read a lot of criticisms in some of the other posts here, so I'd like to counter a few.

Neither my wife nor I got any smell of cat feces or urine, as some have said. We saw no cat droppings; in fact, we saw no cats, except for a curious few gathered near the office when we were checking-in (possibly feral), and the one cat I nearly creamed when it ran in front of my car.

Yes, the morning food offering is only donut holes, but it was never advertised as elaborate. Besides, the room comes with a refrigerator and a microwave, so we just grabbed a few items at a local store, and made our own meal---something we've done at other motels. There's a table with two chairs, and plenty of space to eat.

Yes, the place is in need of some touching-up, but it's not a slum. It's seventy years old, and admittedly a bit creaky. Then, again, I bet your 70-year-old uncle is a bit creaky, too. The door to the bathroom wouldn't latch, but it did close. No problem for us—bathroom door closed, knock first. The front door and the porch door locked tight, so we never had any security worries.

Speaking of security, some folks complained about the front door light being on all night, and shining into the room. The window over the door is small, and little light came through. The shades are not room-darkening (but did not let in glaring sunshine, as some have complained), and the bathroom was partially illuminated by the outside light. Close the bathroom door, you no longer see the light, and, should a need arise to use it during the night, you have a handy nightlight. The light from the sunrise did not awaken us.

There are, in fact, some needs to be addressed. There was some wood rot on the edge of the porch, but it posed no structural danger. The chrome trim on the bathroom light fixture was kind of rusty, and should be replaced. The furniture probably should be updated in the next few years.

A small shelf in the bathroom would be very helpful, as would a box of tissues. The single wastebasket was not sufficient, and even one more would be helpful. A hair dryer was not provided, nor was a clock/radio or an alarm clock. However, if you've done much traveling, you know both can malfunction in even newer places, so, like us, you carry your own. (Also packing a few small bottles of shampoo came in handy here.)

But don't worry about the road up to the Inn, it's not as scary as some have said. I drove it at night, and had no problems with it. (The Interstate is creating wussie drivers.)

I can't really speak about the attitude of the owners, as we had no contact with Steve Evans, and only brief contact with Patsy. She seemed a little upset when we pulled-in at 10pm, but, in truth, we did tell her we would call ahead if we were going to be late, and didn't follow-up on that. The next day was Sunday, and she informed us she would be in church, so pretty much our human contact was with the housekeeper, a lovely lady.

All in all, not a bad joint. Some faults, yes, but with enough charm to make it someplace my wife and I can recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LKTravelerboy
Marrero
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The first time me & my husband went there we enjoyed it. The rooms were clean and the owners were very nice. We evacuated for a hurricane & were just thankful to find a place to stay. My husband wanted to go back to Tennessee and bring our 2 grandsons (3 & 9 yrs old). He bought new binoculars and told our oldest grandson how nice the place was & how much fun we would have. Fast forward to check in. Once unpacked had to call for password to check my emails. The password was not readily provided & the owner; Patsy sounded annoyed when I asked for the password. Made my second call to the office because the shower came on when the faucet in the bathtub was turned on. Again Patsy was annoyed and I asked if we could switch rooms because my 3 yr. old had tubes in his ears & could not get water in his ears. I was told that the room was reserved & the people were checking in the next day. How funny since I was told when making my reservation & requesting a specific room that they do not hold a specific room for anyone. I mentioned again to Patsy about the tubes in my grandchild's ears & was told that I might want to go stay someplace else and that no one else seemed to have a problem with the shower staying on and that the maintenance man just never got around to fixing it yet. We stayed because my husband didn't feel like packing up the car & moving. Other problems were the bathroom had a horrible smell that even an entire can of air freshener couldn't get rid of. Yes I did go to the store & buy air freshener. The sheets were not changed the entire time we were there (5 days). I know this to be a fact because I marked the sheets on both beds. Breakfast consists of 12-15 donut holes (for all of the guests) and coffee served in a room where cats lay around on the counter tops except when the door is closed while "breakfast" is served. To top it off the last 2 nights I kept hearing noises in the room. Mice or rats eating on candy in a bag I had for my grandchildren. With so many cats around I didn't think they would have rodents. If you don't want your vacation ruined do not stay at this place. Owners appear to be nice UNTIL you have a complaint. Next time I pick the hotel and it won't be this dump.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank MarreroDebbie
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

We loved the view, the owner is nice, the housekeeper does a great job. Very clean, the rooms could use some updating but they are comfortable. We liked that dogs can stay free and unlike all of the other nearby pet friendly hotels, there is a walking trail for the dogs. I could defiantly see us staying again, however next time I will check and make sure the pool is open when it should be. I was disappointed that it was being repaired so it was closed. The repairs were expected to be finished by the weekend but we were already gone. We loved That it was a quiet place unlike the hotels in the city, and it is really close to ruby falls. The only r complaint that I have is that there is no breakfast, just a little coffee.

Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Jessica M
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Inn. After a long day of stressful driving, it was wonderful to have our own patio/balcony to sit and relax. We enjoyed the simple charm of the room. Everything was very clean and everyone very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to another visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank harleydoll
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have been here a number of times and have always had a nice visit. Each room has its own porch with a nice view of the Moccasin Bend of the Tennessee River. The family who runs it stays onsite and is very helpful.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are the same size, and there are only 10 rooms in total.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends