“Nice Hotel in C hattanooga”

SpringHill Suites Chattanooga Downtown/Cameron Harbor
Ranked #3 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed here for business and really enjoyed it. Great location on the river and close to downtown. My room had a great view of the river and I'm sorry I didn't stay longer to be able to enjoy it. Very comfortable, quiet and I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the river. Great views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We are so glad we chose this hotel for our 3 night stay in Chattanooga!! Our room (50l) had a balcony and wonderful view of the river!! I loved sitting on the balcony and seeing tugboats and the riverboat pass by, or just reading. We even ate supper there one night, as there are table and chairs on the balcony. We walked the river trail, and there is a nice little restaurant located on the Southern Belle Riverboat, where we had dinner one night. It was a quick drive to see the chattanooga Choo Choo downtown. And the other attractions Rock City, Ruby Falls and Lookout Mtn. are easy to get to. As for the room itself.....it was modern and lovely. We especially enjoyed the brightness.....there were plenty of lights. A lot of hotel rooms are just too dark! Oh, we also enjoyed having pizza on the patio one evening, and a beer by the firepit one other night. It was one of our favorite hotels on our 2 1/2 week trip South!

Room Tip: Room 50l is a great room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mi.Flower-Child
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Very nice hotel right on the river. Well-appointed and brand new! Jake at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful! Downtown was a nice walk away with plenty of choices to eat. Beautiful patio and fire pit and a friendly bartender! Top of the line Spring Hill Suites!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Zankojs
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I have visited this hotel twice now. We travel often, but it is not often that you see hotel staff bend over backwards to make you feel welcome. Everyone from the front desk agents, to the restaurant/bar staff and cleaning staff offered a smile. To-go bags were offered to those who were on the go. We were also provided with take out boxes to take to our rooms for breakfast. The hotel has a bike sharing station in the parking lot and the hotel is on the river. You will see a lot of people using the bikes to ride along newly paved sidewalks because downtown has been developed masterfully, allowing for easy navigation via walking or biking. I never knew Chattanooga had so much to offer. Now that I know, this will be our hotel of choice always.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TRAVELLINGRICHARDS
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I don't have a great deal of time to review this hotel but I want to say that it is truly "PERFECT" if you are arriving by boat. We stayed in Room 526 which had a nice view of the water. I have a handicap knee and while it was a little bit of a walk (not bad though) I was able to walk from our dock to the hotel. Actually the Dixie boat I think it was called had a large golf cart that took us with our luggage to the hotel. Then the next morning after a great breakfast we walked back to the dock. There are two things I would criticize about this hotel. One is for handicap clients I would recommend that the golf cart folks be available to transport clients and their luggage back and forth from the hotel to their boats. The other recommendation would be NOT to use the taxi service the hotel recommends. I can't tell you which one it was but we had a VERY argumentative driver. I mean he was ready to fight. We were quiet but he was clearly angry by the question asked. He had a LARGE Obama sticker displayed in his taxi dash. I am neither Democrat or Republican. From my perspective the question was not meant to be offensive. One of the other members of our group (a navy seal) asked him if he was happy with Obama's Presidency? It was not asked in a mean way. The driver said he was happy and the Navy seal asked "what has he done that makes you happy?" The driver literally began yelling "I suppose you are prejudice and did not vote for Obama." We all just sat there dumb founded and a bit frightened. He drove us one and a half blocks and charged us $30. The good news is that we had a GREAT Steak at Hennens Restaurant. I can tell you that it was within walking distance as we walked by the river most of the way home. For obvious reasons we decided not to take a taxi home after dinner. I think this hotel is truly PERFECT if you are traveling by boat and need a place to stay for the night. FYI: You might want to book directly with the hotel rather than using Central Reservations. I am still working on resolving the amount I was billed. The hotel admits to overcharging me by $6. I think it was a $15 +/- overcharge. Overall I give this hotel an A.

Room Tip: room 526 has a view of the River
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My family has stayed as this great hotel/motel several times over the last couple of years and have enjoyed it very much! Large, modern and very well-laid-out rooms, with many having wonderful views of the Tennessee River. Very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds, great bathroom, excellent free breakfast, very easy access to all the best that downtown Chattanooga has to offer. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my grandsons. Room was bright, clean and modern with exceptionally comfortable beds. I loved the sliding glass door on the bathroom although turning on the light during the night can disrupt other's sleep. Wonderful breakfast including eggs, sausage and cooked oatmeal with all the fixings. Itzamar was a great breakfast hostess. Nice bar and outside seating area with a firepit. Convenient location to all the major tourist attractions. One downer is the $8 per night parking fee - for parking the car yourself in an area where parking is plentiful. I felt this was ridiculous and out of line considering the hotel is not downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family