SpringHill Suites Chattanooga Downtown/Cameron Harbor
Ranked #4 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is one of the nicest, if not the nicest, Spring Hill Suites that I've stayed in around the country. Very friendly staff, and very helpful. I called and let them know I would be arriving late (after midnight). When I got there they could not have been kinder about getting me to my room quickly and easily, as they could see I was very tired. In every interaction with them, I felt they were doing their best to make my stay as perfect as possible....and they succeeded. Great room, very large. Great breakfast...although I wish they would start it at 6:30 on weekends instead of 7 because I was there to work and had to be somewhere by 8 each morning, and breakfast at 7 cut it close.
I would stay again, and when I bring my family down to visit Chattanooga this summer, this is where we will stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HJK13

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic evening here. Lobby bar. Staff great when I called told me about a cancellation. Will come back to visit for several days sometime. Fun city. Walking distance to many places. Bikes to rent out front. Room comfortable, modern decor.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Lisatrave
Reviewed 27 March 2014

A great 2 day visit to see the Aquarium with our grandchildren. Large, modern room with roomy closets and one of the nicer baths I've experienced. We did not have a river view room, but enjoyed the outside terrace with fire pit. The bar, live music and visit from local food truck for dinner was fun. Nice breakfast. I was hoping for waffles for the kids....they survived without them. 5 minute walk to downtown. The complaint about the view was amusing to me. River town, river industry! Tugs and barges were entertaining to watch. Would return again and recommend to all.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Galsal123
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is a fabulous place to stay. The staff was gracious and went well beyond the call of duty especially a gentleman named Henry. Thank you so much for the help. Your assistance and kind demeanor meant a lot to a frazzled mother dealing with a sick child! I would recommend this hotel again and again!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank rblocker74
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Just returning from a 5 day trip to Chattanooga. Springhill suites had a nice staff and decent location. No it is not as close as some of the downtown hotels but I believe the distance is not too bad. The hotel upgraded us to a king room with balcony. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Will return when we vacation in Chattanooga again!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank abrooks1282
Reviewed 17 March 2014

First, let me start off saying that the hotel room was very nice. It was very quiet, clean, nicely furnished, had a superior bathroom, and the bed was VERY comfortable. We stayed in a river view room with a balcony. The problem with paying extra for the river view is, although it does overlook the river...the view on the other side of the river SUCKS. The view is very industrial...we watched a tug boat move barges when we sat out the night we were there (you CANNOT turn off the light on the balcony...so if you want privacy or to not be bothered by bugs in summer months...don't count on it)...during the daytime, you get to see cement factories and excavator machines...not a romantic view to say the least. We bought an aquarium/imax package with our reservation. The hotel is almost a mile walk each way to and from the aquarium! We were exhausted! The walk is ok during the day, but we were a little nervous at night. We passed by several shady teenagers on the way back to the hotel that night. We probably would have driven into town but we had already paid $8.00 to park at our hotel so we didn't want to have to pay for parking again! Ridiculous that the hotel charges you to park in the hotel parking lot...especially after paying $250 for a ONE night package! When we return to Chattanooga, we will NOT stay here again! Overpriced and the front desk staff is unfriendly and they talk down to you...did not appreciate the sarcasm I received every time I was at the front desk. There are MUCH BETTER options in Chattanooga...we would have enjoyed our trip much better had we stayed somewhere else!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank estesla
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are very large. Bathroom is amazing. You have a full size closet just about. Paul Mitchell shampoo! Bedding is very comfortable. The lobby is beautiful and very up to date. So nice. Has a bar. Outside nice seating and even a fire pit. Very impressed. Good work. Staff really nice and smiley. Made me feel welcome.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank M P
Travellers also viewed these Chattanooga hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown
The Chattanoogan
The Chattanoogan
#8 of 96 in Chattanooga
Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga/Hamilton Place

Been to SpringHill Suites Chattanooga Downtown/Cameron Harbor? Share your experiences!