SpringHill Suites Chattanooga Downtown/Cameron Harbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alto, Michigan
“Great hitel”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel! Very clean and nice! Comfortable beds and nice bathrooms. Fit our family of two adults and 4 kids perfectly! Great breakfast each morning and walking distance to the very charming downtown area. I would recommend this hotel to all families!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank islandlove6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Korean first
Atlanta
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a nice place to come back to every afternoon after a day of fun in Chattanooga. We booked a King Suite with a river view/balcony and the beds slept like a dream - Room 329. The rooms are fairly spacious and very clean. Our view of the river was awesome. It was easy to ignore the industrial buildings that people have complained about. The view offered he best of both worlds (a river view with mountains in the backdrop). I felt the staff were friendly, even the maintenance man that we passed by several times was just very pleasant. Breakfast was awesome... some mornings we arrived early for breakfast and some mornings we were pretty late getting there. Either way the food was always fresh and not picked over. Each morning there was something new on the buffet(turkey sausage, pork saugage links, sausage & potatoes, or canadian bacon). Some mornings there were waffles or boiled eggs. Nearly everyday there was scrambled eggs, oatmeal and a large variety of fruit, cereal and donuts. My 6 year old thought this place (including breakfast) was awesome!

The swimming pool was nice (the temperature was just right). Even though the pool was ALWAYS full of people, there was never a shortage of towels and the area was always well attended to ....same for the exercise room (always clean).

Everyday when we returned from a day out, our room had been "reset" and our personal things were just as we left them. One morning we walked from the hotel to the aquarium and it took us about 5-8 minutes....It's about a 1 minute drive. Although we had previously stayed at hotels that were right in the center of the city, we did not feel disconnected by staying here. It was such a short drive....we spent on average about 5 extra bucks for parking at most places...and we had the luxury of returning to a nice quiet view on the river. Well worth the short drive.

On Wednesday night we were treated to a live band on the patio and there was also a food truck on the back lawn...Awesome! It was nice to see the adults relaxing and just having a a good time. The kids even spread their towels out on the lawn and enjoyed the music and the view. We found this to be a very family friendly place.

Although this hotel does not offer room service, there are more than 10+ restaurants that deliver to this hotel for around $8 bucks.

One minor glitch... (Wish there were more storage space in the drawers - they were unusually small and the night stands did not have drawers either so it was difficult to settle in because we had to keep a lot of things in our suitcase)

I even loved the theme song on their welcome video on Channel 1 "Make this place your home". I still find myself singing it and wishing I was still there. Thanks folks!

That being said, I would come back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HappyFamily971
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I are visiting Chattanooga for a family wedding. We are from Nova Scotia, Canada where I don't mind saying, people are known for their politeness and hospitality. After a long day travelling we arrived at our hotel and were met at the front desk by two of the nicest, polite and helpful people we have ever met in our many travels. In particular,Carlos went out of his way to arrange a room switch for us and spent time chatting about what to see in town. Often hotel staff will take time to talk, but in this case I really felt Carlos was doing it not because it was his job but because he really wanted to help us. As we walked downtown we continued to meet such great people, taking time to talk is so important in today's world. Thanks again to Carlos,he is a great employee, but more importantly just a nice person.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were so impressed with this hotel it's brand-new maybe two years old at most. Clean fresh beautifully decorated hotel and rooms. Outdoor patio with fire pit overlooking the Tennessee River; very nice rooms with ample space for families and nice refrigerators/microwave to eat your leftovers;the pool is great as is the Jacuzzi. and everything is kept up exceptionally and staff is wonderful and helpful; the bar is open till 10. Great downtown location access to all the tourist sites downtown;easy to grab the highway to sightsee out of town. all in all, great place to stay for family vacation. We stayed with Marriott points but I'm sure it's economical comparatively speaking. Worst thing I can say about it was the breakfast was mediocre; eggs and Ham was a but dried out but otherwise no complaints!

Room Tip: Walls are thin though not sure you can too much about that try to get a room that faces the river it...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Beautiful new SpringHill suites...my favorite layout of any Marriott property is the SpringHill. I only found one missing item from what would be a perfect stay. This hotel does not carry any hair dryers! Maybe I am old fashioned, but I expect a hair dryer to be a standard appliance found at any higher end hotel. I have stayed at many Marriott properties with business travel and I think this was the first one that did not have hair dryers. Bad discovery to find when you hop out of the shower to get ready for dinner! Otherwise, I give it an A+ rating!

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room with the view of the river.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while traveling for work. Love the hotel and close to everything. But the best part of our stay was the service we had. Julia was extremely friendly and had great suggestions for dinner and things to do. Look forward to my next vist

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tonya C
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicest, if not the nicest, Spring Hill Suites that I've stayed in around the country. Very friendly staff, and very helpful. I called and let them know I would be arriving late (after midnight). When I got there they could not have been kinder about getting me to my room quickly and easily, as they could see I was very tired. In every interaction with them, I felt they were doing their best to make my stay as perfect as possible....and they succeeded. Great room, very large. Great breakfast...although I wish they would start it at 6:30 on weekends instead of 7 because I was there to work and had to be somewhere by 8 each morning, and breakfast at 7 cut it close.
I would stay again, and when I bring my family down to visit Chattanooga this summer, this is where we will stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business