“Really Nice Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Chattanooga Downtown/Cameron Harbor
Ranked #4 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are staying here this weekend and we're very pleased! It's really close to everything (I don't know if I'd walk to downtown from here though as it's not that close, and I'm lazy. Hahaha). But it's an amazing location right on the river. The hotel is very clean and really well taken care of. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again for sure and I'd recommend it to anyone visiting Chattanooga. Please note though, you cannot roast marshmallows at the fire pit. I was so geared up to make smores and was told I could not. Not a huge deal at all, but I probably should've called first to make sure before bringing the stuff with me.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amber128

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Chattanooga surprised me. There is a lot do and enjoy. I loved this place. I had a great room on the river. I have stayed in Spring Hill properties before and this one stands up to expectations. The breakfast was better than the ones I have enjoyed at other SpringHill Suites and that is saying a lot because the other ones were great. Nice gym...nice whirlpool....One big plus is that there is an electric bike sharing station right outside the location. So you are really good to go. One interesting fact is that is in walking distance from a marker for the Trail of Tears. I am a history buff, so I took the opportunity to consider where we as a nation have been while being in a city that honors the past and look to the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelerMargaret
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Fantastic new hotel. We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is beautifully designed and the rooms are huge and spotless. The staff was very warm and welcoming.

The hotel is located near all the downtown attractions, in an area that is being newly re developed by the river. It's also right by the stadium. It is not on the free bus line but easy to walk or rent a bike to the aquarium etc. We were in room 310 on the side with a view of the river and a vacant lot. I enjoyed watching the barges go down the river and didn't mind the industrial area. The indoor pool was tiny but the kids didn't seem to mind. The breakfast was hotel standard with extras. They had Oikos Greek yogurt, Spinach and cheese for the eggs and a great selection of toppings for the oatmeal.
They really do need better sound proofing and this might be a problem during busy times of the year.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay. We plan on staying here on our next trip to the area.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This is a clean, trendy, comfortable hotel with friendly staff and better than average breakfast. Beds are comfy, have pillow tops & plenty of pillows. Cool decor. Mini frig & microwave were helpful. Small indoor pool but nice hot tub. Can walk the 3-4 blocks to Aquarium $ downtown venues (there are lots). Enjoyed area a lot and plan to return in the future for those fun activities we didn't have time to get to.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel! Very clean and nice! Comfortable beds and nice bathrooms. Fit our family of two adults and 4 kids perfectly! Great breakfast each morning and walking distance to the very charming downtown area. I would recommend this hotel to all families!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank islandlove6
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a nice place to come back to every afternoon after a day of fun in Chattanooga. We booked a King Suite with a river view/balcony and the beds slept like a dream - Room 329. The rooms are fairly spacious and very clean. Our view of the river was awesome. It was easy to ignore the industrial buildings that people have complained about. The view offered he best of both worlds (a river view with mountains in the backdrop). I felt the staff were friendly, even the maintenance man that we passed by several times was just very pleasant. Breakfast was awesome... some mornings we arrived early for breakfast and some mornings we were pretty late getting there. Either way the food was always fresh and not picked over. Each morning there was something new on the buffet(turkey sausage, pork saugage links, sausage & potatoes, or canadian bacon). Some mornings there were waffles or boiled eggs. Nearly everyday there was scrambled eggs, oatmeal and a large variety of fruit, cereal and donuts. My 6 year old thought this place (including breakfast) was awesome!

The swimming pool was nice (the temperature was just right). Even though the pool was ALWAYS full of people, there was never a shortage of towels and the area was always well attended to ....same for the exercise room (always clean).

Everyday when we returned from a day out, our room had been "reset" and our personal things were just as we left them. One morning we walked from the hotel to the aquarium and it took us about 5-8 minutes....It's about a 1 minute drive. Although we had previously stayed at hotels that were right in the center of the city, we did not feel disconnected by staying here. It was such a short drive....we spent on average about 5 extra bucks for parking at most places...and we had the luxury of returning to a nice quiet view on the river. Well worth the short drive.

On Wednesday night we were treated to a live band on the patio and there was also a food truck on the back lawn...Awesome! It was nice to see the adults relaxing and just having a a good time. The kids even spread their towels out on the lawn and enjoyed the music and the view. We found this to be a very family friendly place.

Although this hotel does not offer room service, there are more than 10+ restaurants that deliver to this hotel for around $8 bucks.

One minor glitch... (Wish there were more storage space in the drawers - they were unusually small and the night stands did not have drawers either so it was difficult to settle in because we had to keep a lot of things in our suitcase)

I even loved the theme song on their welcome video on Channel 1 "Make this place your home". I still find myself singing it and wishing I was still there. Thanks folks!

That being said, I would come back here in a heartbeat!

1  Thank HappyFamily971
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I are visiting Chattanooga for a family wedding. We are from Nova Scotia, Canada where I don't mind saying, people are known for their politeness and hospitality. After a long day travelling we arrived at our hotel and were met at the front desk by two of the nicest, polite and helpful people we have ever met in our many travels. In particular,Carlos went out of his way to arrange a room switch for us and spent time chatting about what to see in town. Often hotel staff will take time to talk, but in this case I really felt Carlos was doing it not because it was his job but because he really wanted to help us. As we walked downtown we continued to meet such great people, taking time to talk is so important in today's world. Thanks again to Carlos,he is a great employee, but more importantly just a nice person.