“A Refreshing Approach”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We eat here about once a month and it's always a great experience. Poblano's is one Mexican restaurant that makes a wonderful departure from the typical plate full of brown and yellow slop. The ingredients are fresh and the combination of favors thoughtful. Get the seviche appatizer, the Poblano Burrito is a must have, and the Dragon Tamer is the BEST tequila-based drink in town. Plus, they have pellet ice (like Sonic serves)...who doesn't want that in their cocktail?

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I had the pleasure of dining at Poblano's tonight with friends. The Chili Releno was excellent. A very nice whole pepper stuffed with Fresca Cheese, battered, and flash fried on a bed of Spanish Rice. I chose the Black Beans as a side and they where very tasty, A tossed salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, radishes, carrot shreds, and tomatoes with Mexican cheese and the house Mango Vingrette. Beautiful and delicious. I did get to try the Rock Shrimp (perfectly seasoned) and the Chorizo was wonderful. The chips and salsa where superb as was the cheese dip. The owner was very nice and friendly. Rachael, our server was adequate and very nice. I highly recommend this restaurant, and, I cant wait to try Sunday Brunch with Huervos Rancheros and $1 Mimossa's.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

A couple of days ago, I went to Poblano's and ordered a plain bean burrito, no frills. I was told it was not on the menu. When I told the server that all I wanted was a plain bean burrito, he made a point of telling the other servers, the cook, and the cashier. I could see several servers watching me from the kitchen as I was served my burrito. I wonder now if it was safe to eat. I have a sensitive stomach and all I wanted was a plain bean burrito. Instead, I received ridicule.

1  Thank 777Disappointed
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Poblano's is tucked away behind a condo complex near the river in Chattanooga. It is a quaint restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere. We had dinner outside on the front deck. Downside was the scenery, nothing but condos to look at. The food and service were both outstanding. The owner is wonderful. I guess all of these things combined make for a great place to eat.

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped here passing through Chattanooga headed home to LA. GPS took us to S. River Road first which was nothing and almost gave up on it. Glad we didn't! Food was excellent and so was the service!! Chips and hot sauce were very good! Has a patio area which was perfect for lunch or dinner! Great value for the amount of food you get. None of us finished our meal because we were given plenty! Enjoyed our meal and would go back! Only negative would be parking...there is not lot just in front on the street! Overall excellent experience!!