“Nice place to stay.”

Ranked #35 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We came to Chattanooga for a few days with our dog. We stayed at the Towns place Suites for two nights. The rooms are very nicely decorated. The room was very clean, bright & homey. A full size refrigerator & a nice usable kitchen. Located in a good location. Less than 10 minutes from the aquarium. Close to many restaurants & Hamilton Place Mall. The staff was very friendly. The room rate was reasonable.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

clean & quiet. nice staff. would definitely recommend staying there. we got a night & 2 tickets to the aquarium as a package deal. we got to the hotel early to pick up our tickets around 9am (to come back later and check into the room) but, they found us a room and let us check in early. which was great!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Well appointed rooms is perhaps a little too open (very high ceilings don't make them feel very cozy). Great breakfast and very happy staff - plenty of parking. Only gripe would be it is pretty far from downtown so really need to use car to get into town. Would have been nice not to have been given a disabled room as did not have 2 beds - had to sleep on sofa bed

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Sarah_Stokes, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that your enjoyed your time with us. I wanted to let you know that we do offer rooms with lower ceilings - just ask for a room that isn't on the first floor. We also offer suites with two queen beds - the next time you come to stay with us just ask for a Studio Suite with queen/queen beds instead of a Studio Suite with one queen bed and a sleeper sofa (which are all accessible rooms). We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chattanooga!

Sarah Stokes, GM
Boone, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

WE loved this hotel. It was very clean and the rooms were great. We were so happy to have a pet friendly hotel that did not smell bad and this hotel was so very clean. The breakfast was great and we loved the staff. Salt water pool and exercise room were fun. We really cannot say enough about this hotel and will definitely stay there again. It was centrally located and we felt very safe outside. Great hotel and enjoyed our stay. Sad to leave but had to come home. Love Chattanooga so much. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank teala01
McMinnville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Very clean hotel I give it 5 stars. Kayla at front desk was warm and inviting. Rooms are beautiful. This exceeded my expectations. I will be coming back here the next time I stay over in chattanooga. I advise anyone that is going to be staying the night in Chattanooga to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Gcwoods
Sarah_Stokes, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I appreciate that you have taken the time to highlight the great customer service that you received from Kayla during your stay. She has become a great part of our team and it's so nice when a guest takes the time to recognize the hard work of our staff. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we can't wait to welcome you back the next time you are in Chattanooga!

Sarah Stokes, GM
Maryville, TN
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Just returned home from a 2 night stay at this location. I chose this hotel because my husband was flying into Chattanooga for a 2 night stay earlier in the week for training classes that his company was giving at the adjacent Marriott Residence Inn property. His classes were going to end on Friday afternoon before I could get off work in Knoxville and he was able to walk across the parking lot to this new location. This property cost about $25 per night less than the Residence Inn and the reviews were very good so I decided to give this location a try and save myself a little cash. This hotel is also located very close to the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport and my husband's flight back to his job site in Louisiana was leaving very early on Sunday morning. If you need a shuttle to/from the airport, this hotel does not have one, but the adjacent Marriott Residence Inn does provide an airport shuttle.

This property is relatively new and the landscaping and parking lot were clean and neat. The parking lot is small, but there is additional parking in the adjacent parking lot for the Residence Inn. Upon entering the lobby, you will notice that the desk and breakfast area are simple and modern. My husband said that check in was easy and he was quickly in our room...room 210. When I arrived via car a few hours later, I found the location of the property easily as it is off the main roads (Shallowford and Lee Hwy). This area is very quiet. Upon entering the room, I was very pleased with what I found. Just inside the door was a walk-thru kitchen area with a full-size, small refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, 2 burner, ceramic-top "stove", and a microwave. The counter tops were granite and sparkling clean. There is flatware and plates, glasses, and cups for 4 in the cabinets. Opposite the counter top area is a double door closet with plenty of room for hanging clothes. There is also a laundry basket, ironing board, iron, and a folding stand to place a suitcase. The kitchen area opens up into a living/bedroom area. There is a large desk with cabinets, drawers, and organizers which would be perfect for someone in town for a while on business. Multiple plug-ins are present for plugging in computers, chargers, etc. There is a small sofa sleeper and ottoman present in the room. Our room had a king-size bed with 4 pillows and the bathroom sink had the same granite counter top as the kitchen. Everything was spotless! I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the entire room!

My husband and I went to dinner shortly after I arrived and there were several restaurants close by at Hamilton Place Mall. Just be careful because traffic can get very hectic in this area during rush hour! After returning to the hotel, it was nice to have the refrigerator to place our left overs in and real eating utensils (not plastic) to eat my dessert that I brought back from the restaurant. All was quiet in the hotel and my husband and I headed off to bed.

Now, unfortunately, the quietness of our night was rudely interrupted by a yappy dog that was in room 209 across the hall. My husband was awakened at 2 am by the barking and he and I were both awakened at 7:40 am by the dog. After 20 minutes of incessant barking, my husband called the front desk and asked if something could be done about the dog. Eventually the barking stopped, but over the next 1 1/2 hours the dark barked frequently and as long as 10 minutes at a time. During that 1 1/2 hours my husband called the front desk again and eventually went to the desk to complain. The front desk attendant reminded my husband that the location is a "pet friendly" location. My husband reminded the attendant that yelling children or arguing adults would not be tolerated at 2 am or 7:45 am and wanted to know why we should have to listen to a barking dog. The manager overheard this conversation and came to the desk and asked my husband if he would like to change rooms. My husband questioned why the paying guest should have to pack up and change rooms. He wanted to know if a dog was more important than the paying customer. It was at this time that my husband was informed that the management had attempted to contact the guest in room 209 each time my husband had called the desk, but the management had not been able to reach the guest. The management offered us 50% off our 2nd night's stay for the inconvenience of changing rooms. My husband and I then moved to room 411 for our 2nd night's stay. Our second night was very peaceful and my husband I slept well! By the way, the beds are firm and comfortable!

My husband I had a quick breakfast of cold cereal, oatmeal, boiled eggs, and a microwave-warmed chicken biscuit on Sunday morning. There were waffles, bagels, and your usual hotel breakfast foods on their buffet, but we were in a hurry due to my husbands early flight. Check out was quick and the adjustment to our bill had already been addressed prior to the receipt being printed.

I would definitely stay at this property again and I would recommend it to others, but on my next reservation, I will be sure to ask for a room far away from other guests with 4-legged roommates. I also want to say that I don't mean to sound harsh about folks who wish to travel with their pets, but the owners should not leave pets unattended in a hotel room anywhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank angi1968
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We chose this hotel as a last minute during our vacation and what a surprise we got. We arrived in the middle of the night and the hotel staff was very friendly and courteous.

The room was very clean and very nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and even though it was a small room it had a kitchen with dishwasher, dishes, toaster, coffee pot, microwave, the works.

Really love this hotel. I wish we were staying longer than just one night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple