“Don't believe the "pet friendly" designation”

TownePlace Suites Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place
Ranked #31 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Don't believe the "pet friendly" designation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Despite the fact that this chain calls themselves "pet friendly", that friendship is expensive! I booked a room using marriott rewards (so should have been free!) only to find on arrival that they charge a $75 extra fee when you have a pet. This information is not readily ascertainable on the marrriott website, nor was it mentioned when I called the marriott rewards system to book the reservation by phone, even though I specifically asked about pet policies.
Should have saved my rewards points, as I could have stayed at a red roof inn for less money and not been charged extra for the dog.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephanie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stay here for a long weekend while visiting Ruby Falls, had a great stay!! Nice breakfast in the morning. The room was very nice and clean as was the whole hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We will stay here again if we are back in the area.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank meredith w
Trinity, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

stayed at TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Chattanooga TN on our way home to FL. Hotel staff was friendly, very clean rooms, breakfast was good as was location. We will stay here again when we are in the area.

2 Thank BNE1
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for an extra long weekend. We had a very large group of young girls with us for a basketball tournament in the area. The staff was very nice, especially Haley! Hotel was very clean and accomodating. Good access to many things in the area. Everyone that worked there was very helpful with all of our needs.

1 Thank BigPoppaP40
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Did I have any problems with my stay? No. Was it basically what I expected? Yes. But is this a top-5 property in the greater Chattanooga area...I say probably not.

First, this is a typical middle of the road property--okay amenities but nothing special.
There is a reason that TownePlace Suites sits in the middle of the Marriott property family. Okay, let me get to the review.

First, check-in was quick and smooth. The front desk clerk was also helpful about giving us info about the local area. No problems here. I would not say that this place is located in a great area. I read some reviews that glowed over the location. Yes, it is close to I-75 exit. It is across the parking lot from the Residence Inn. It is around the corner from several other hotels. But there is definitely nothing within walking distance. Bad area--absolutely not; but great area--absolutely not either.

The room itself was clean and met my expectations. As you would expect, small mini kitchen, dining table that could sit four and we had two double beds. The bathroom sink was seperate from the shower/toilet room--always a positive in my eyes. Just a couple of other thoughts--laminate flooring in the bathroom area and the decor was contemporary and nice. Just another aside--my wife commented on how pretty the orange, large polka dot shower curtain was!

I would say that the shower/toilet area was a little smaller than most. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint was the pillows. They were extremely soft. I stacked two together and I still thought my neck didn't have enough support. I would recommend bringing your own pillows if you are picky in this area. So, because of this, I would say that I didn't have a great night's sleep. One positive was that the hotel was very quiet though--even though it was packed (sold out I believe). The walls and insulation must be great here!

The only other amenitiy we used was the indoor pool. It was a saltwater pool. I didn't get in but the kids did say the water was cloudy and "different." They also had a hot tub in this area too. but all in all, I thought this was a nice area. 'The only issue was the towels were out and we had to go up to the front on two different occasions to get pool tools.

Having started with the wording of "over-rated," this is a nice property. I would definitely stay here again if passing through the area. We really didn't have any issues. But to say this is one of the nicest places in the area is a stretch. Just downgrade your expectations somewhat. I would comfortably say this is a 3-star level property that is clean and well maintained. Thus, it gets my very good rating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Milbs_40
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night with our 3 kids. The rooms are very nice and it has a full kitchen (including a dishwasher). Breakfast is included and the lobby is very quaint where you get to eat your food. There is a nice fire pit by the front entrance that would be great in the winter months. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool also.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank crsteph70
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We chose this hotel based on the previous reviews and the value. I'm very glad we did. It was a very nice, clean hotel with friendly employees. Our room was clean and spacious with comfy beds and a kitchenette. The free continental breakfast was good but you get the basics: boiled eggs, waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit, biscuits, granola bars, oatmeal, Poptarts, juice, coffee, and milk. The fitness room, while small, is open 24 hours with two nice treadmills that actually work. I didn't care for the location of the hotel, but it is right next to a Microtel and Residence Inn so I assume it's safe. There's plenty of dining options around, and the mall and other stores are just around the corner. It's definitely a great value based on the amenities.

1 Thank crissycurry