“Great food, highly recommend!”

Hickory Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #21 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We are a small family owned business with only 5 tables inside and 2 out side. We try to make you fill like you are with friends.
Marysville, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, highly recommend!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I visited Chattanooga for the first time last week, and tried this place based off the reviews here. This was my first true southern BBQ. This place is outstanding! It was so good I went there twice. The service was friendly and quick, and the food is delicious. Menu is reasonably priced.

I loved the food. Tried the BBQ sandwiches, ribs, and some sides. All were perfect. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for great food and friendly service.

I'm not sure what's up with some of the negative reviews on here, I can't really imagine how anyone would have a problem with this place.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank bmacke

“CAN I RATE A NEGATIVE????”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I just left here after waiting FOR OVER AN HOUR with no time in sight to when our food would come. We were seated immediately, but when we didn't know what we wanted after not even seeing our menu, our server just AND NEVER CAME BACK. He went to 3 different tables and got their orders before my husband went to the window to ask where we place our order. 40 minutes in, we were told it was taking so long because the burgers were thick so it takes a while. Passing the hour mark, I went up to pay for our drink where I received an attitude and was told that he was "about to get to our order". Awful! Awful! Awful! We left and went down the street, after having to pay for our one drink. WILL NEVER GO BACK! I guess you have to know someone to get any service

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Krich3
Evansville, Indiana
“A tiny place with great BBQ”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Don't let the size of the restaurant fool you - excellent BBQ, catfish, coleslaw. Baked beans were okay, ribs were delicious. Very friendly, attentive staff, server was concerned our youngest enjoyed his meal. The place has 5 tables, one outside. I'd go back!

West chester
“Holy SMOKES!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing food! Clean and friendly, Best BBQ I've ever had hands down. When you first walk in the smokey smell is there, and you can tell the food is well smoked. Small and cozy place

• Visited June 2014
“After reading the reviews I was DISAPPOINTED!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I’ll start of by saying, I like reading reviews but NEVER actually take the time to write them. Well in this case, I felt the need. I just recently moved to Chattanooga. I was super excited to try the barbeque, after reading all the rave reviews. I ordered my sandwich and fries to go and sent my husband it to get them. I have never been so disappointed. I literally choked on the sandwich because it was so dry. I cannot believe everybody is rating this place so highly. Not only was it horrible food but the service was beyond horrible. My husband waited about 30 minutes for 1 sandwich and 1 order of fries. I would never recommend this place.

• Visited June 2014