“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed overnight at this Hampton Inn on a trip to Chattanooga. After a 9 hours drive, I was very appreciative of the quality of our stay. Check-in was easy and the desk attendant was extremely pleasant to deal with. The room was exceptionally clean. The beds and pillows were comfortable. I got a great nights sleep. We enjoyed our breakfast in the morning. The selections were enough to please anyone. The atmosphere of the whole hotel was great. I would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Scott S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Joe R,

I really appreciate the great review! I am so happy that we helped create such a good stay for you. I hope you return to visit us and spend more time enjoying all that this area has to offer. Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
bloomington indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Read the previous reviews, and was not as wowed as some of the others. Very contemporary and new. Did like the beds, contemporary look. Did not like the "communal" breakfast area where everyone pretty much sits at one large table. Did not have a hot tub. Like the fireplace outdoor area, but the security light on the building and the proximity to the parking lot took away some of the glow. In the morning asked for a newspaper, was told it was virtual newspaper, and I didn't have my laptop. Was told I should go next door to the Fairfield Inn to get a paper. Maybe next time I will sleep there too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear indijones,

Thank you so much for the review! I appreciate your candid feedback. We should have been more clear that WE would go get you a paper. Although I am a green hotel (suppose to reduce carbon footprint), I provide 50 papers daily. Some days they go quickly, and some they barely move. We are always happy to go the extra mile and get a paper for a Guest that needs it. I apologize that you didn't like the community table. This is the first negative feedback that I have heard on the set up. It is a Brand standard, and ALL new and remodeled Hamptons will have this feature. Thank you again for your thoughts and business.
Brownsburg, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel was very nice. I received a very friendly greeting at check-in. Then the same person later showed us how we could use our key card to enter the building after hours. I felt he went above and beyond. The rooms were very clean, nice, simple decor, very comfortable beds which many Hampton Inns have. The only problem we had were the directions that the website gave us. Also we didn't feel that the sign by the road was very well marked either. Other than that this was a great hotel stay!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Scott S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I appreciate your feedback! I'm sorry you had trouble finding the hotel. There are sign ordinances in this area which makes it a little challenging for some Guests. Thank you for pointing out the Team going the extra mile. I appreciate your business and hope to meet you on your next visit.
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

while traveling in the south, we always try to overnight in this area. it's absolutely beautiful! one regret though, is that i haven't seen any of the attractions here yet. we are usually on our way back home. this is a really nice hampton. they have two pools, one indoor and one out. they were both too cold for my taste. we chose to sit on the outdoor patio instead, sipping hot chocolate by the fireplace. they were very helpful at the front desk in helping us locate a restaurant at a late hour. one complaint i have is the laundry room. we had some stinky, wet clothes that still had florida ocean water on them, so we were glad to see they had them. there is no coin machine in that room, so you have to travel from the 2nd floor to the front desk on the first to get change. if the attendent is busy with guests then you are going to wait! there is also nowhere to sit it that room, so you have to leave your clothes unattended. there is an empty space in there for both a coin machine and bench to fit. all in all though, good stay! i hope to visit again soon and check out the sites this time!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear eroom5721,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We appreciate your business. I apologize that the pools were to cold for your taste. The indoor pool is a constant 84 degrees, but the outdoor pool is not temperature controlled. I have left open much later than most places, because I have an inordinate amount of people traveling from Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, etc. and they don't mind swimming in the outdoor pool. Thanks for the suggestion about the change machine in the Guest Laundry. I think that's a good idea, and I will pursue my options there. We have chairs in the Guest laundry. Occassionally, Guests will take the seating to their room for extra seating. I apologize gor any inconvenience this caused you. I look forward to your return visit. Please, ask for me. I enjoy helping people enjoy all that this area has to offer.
Tampa FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

The room was big and comfortable. The staff was happy and helpful. The room and public areas were very clean. Breakfast was extremely good. The locations is grate very close to Cloudland Canyon Pak, Ruby Fall and Rock city in the look out mountain area. This is a 5 star or 5 diamond hotel Without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Erik R
Dear Erik R,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! I am so happy that we exceeded your expectations, and that you enjoyed your time visiting all the great attractions near the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chattanooga. Thank you for your business.
Colfax, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Service right upon check in was quite honestly the best I prob have ever had without staying at a hotel 4x the price. Rooms clean...comfortable...everything great! Will def choose again every time we come thru!!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank keekwi
Dear keekwi,

I appreciate the great feedback! We look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you for your business.
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is brand new, super clean, and a great stay overall. The pools were awesome, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was great. Very close to the attractions, and the interstate. The beds and pillows were very comfy! I would definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jennyhobbs
Dear Jennyhobbs,

Thanks so much for the Great review. I agree, the Hampton bed is a very comfortable experience, and my Team is a truly caring Team. I hope to meet you on a future stay. I appreciate your business!