“Breakfast was a disappointment”

Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
San Antonio, Texas
“Breakfast was a disappointment”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stay at Hampton Inns frequently. This one is very new and clean - that we liked. However, one of the things we always look forward to is the breakfast. The breakfast attendant seemed unable to have eggs, sausage, and potatoes all out at the same time. We arrived at 9:15. Granted, most people had probably already eaten, but it would seem that all guests should be served a nice breakfast. My husband went up to the desk as did I to ask if eggs could be brought out. By the time the eggs came out, there was no sausage. Also, the oatmeal was like wallpaper paste.....super thick and an unappealing blob in the bottom of the container. Oatmeal is a wonderful, inexpensive breakfast dish (and probably my favorite thing for breakfast), but someone needs to watch it so it is not all dried out. Needless to say, it was not an enjoyable experience.

1 Thank gnizoons1
Scott S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear gnizoons1,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy breakfast. I have addressed your issues with my Team. I am happy that it did not ruin your entire stay. We hope you choose us again in the future. Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Berkley,MA
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a new Inn and it shows. Apparently it moved from another location and well it shows because the staff is seasoned and professional. I prefer to stay at Hampton Inns because they are a given but this is even higher on the scale. A very good traveling choice. Pretty close to Lookout Mountain and shopping. There is a pizza place in the strip mall near Walmart. that is terrific.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear joe651,

I appreciate your review! Thank you very much for the kind words about the Team here. We appreciate your business and hope you choose us again on your next trip to Chattanooga.
Birmingham
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a quick weekend get-a-way. Booked this hotel based solely off that it is a new property. ( I have an extreme case of OCD) & it did not disappoint. The facility is clean & even smells new. The first thing I definitely have to mention is the GREAT AWESOME breakfast we had both Saturday & Sunday morning. Didn't need to eat anything to dinner because we were still running off what we had for breakfast. The room was clean & modern, a bit on the small side but the King size bed/room is all we needed for the 2 of us. The employees there were very nice & attentive. Overall, would stay here again & recommended this hotel to my family who will be traveling to Chattanooga soon. Also great workout area & indoor pool. It was raining & foggy outside the whole time we were there so we didn't get a chance to enjoy the outside fireplace but it most definitely looked nice & romantic.

Room Tip: The hotel may be a little difficult to spot @ first. There will a quick turn off the road then the h...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear BeautifulMC,

Thank you for your feedback. Complimentary breakfast is definitely a great value. We rotate breakfast items daily in an effort to be diverse. I hope you return to visit us. Thank you for your business.
Winder, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

It was a terrific location for the attractions that we wanted to see. Fine restaurants very close. We always enjoy Hampton Inns and this one was new and decorated very nicely. We try to stay at Hampton Inns on our trips and have not been disappointed. The staff was very friendly and informative. Our visit was in cold weather, but they had a very nice outside pool and and inside pool which we did not use. Nice exercise room and plenty of free coffee. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting in the area.

Dear Robert Perry G,

Thank you very much for the review! We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton and your business. I hope you return to stay with us.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife a few months back. We were in town visiting family. This hotel is new so of course it is clean and everything was fresh! I was quite impressed with the level of service I received at this "limited" service hotel. Management at this property is top-notch.
We have stayed at the hotel that sits in front of this one quite a few times in the past but honestly I dont know what happened to it! It has been less than 2 years and we could not believe what we saw based on our previous stays at that hotel. Lucky for us the crew at the brand new Hampton welcomed us in with true southern hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Dino M,

Thank you very much for the great review and kind words about my Team. We are truly dedicated to helping every Guest enjoy their time here. We are honored that you think so highly of our performance. I would like to meet you on your next stay with us, so please ask for me at the desk. Thank you for your business,
Springboro, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My family and I decided to visit Raccoon Mountain to go on a cave adventure and spend the night in the cave over Veteran's day weekend. This hotel was our second night on the road so that we could regroup and shower. It was a nice way to end the trip.

Dear Ryan C,

We appreciate your review and feedback. Our location for visiting Raccoon Mountain doesn't get much better! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you on a future stay and earn that 5th star from you. Thank you for your business!
harriman, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have enjoyed my stay at this facility and respect the integrity and courtesy of the staff. This is a beautiful area to visit and work. The rooms were always well prepared and maintained during my stay. The staff assisted me when trying to locate some professional help for personal business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jerry M.,

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to here that we helped you during your stay. We would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you for your business!