“Overpriced chain restaurant.”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 828 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Chattanooga is located at Shallowford Road and I-75 in the lobby of the Embassy Suites Hotel.We serve the finest steaks in Chattanooga. Treat yourself to a USDA Prime steak that arrives sizzling on a 500° plate and a bottle from our award-winning wine list. With a spacious bar and multiple dining rooms that are ideal for business dinners, private parties and date nights, our Chattanooga steak house team offers a dining experience you and your guests will long remember.The restaurant boasts private dining rooms to host your next event or meeting. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two, an important business lunch or a social event, Ruth’s Chris of Chattanooga can accommodate your needs.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Overpriced chain restaurant.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have eaten here twice for special occasions and the food was just average. The service is excellent but the atmosphere is basically a typical chain restaurant with white table cloths. The hosts and hostesses definitely need some people skills. Although we had reservations both time, we had to wait 15 minutes and the restaurant was basically empty. The first time the host tried to seat us at a table in the middle of the restaurant "for a quick turnaround". That really made us feel welcome to the restaurant. Our food both times was just average. In fact, it was really greasy. I have had better steaks elsewhere for less. I do not like their gimmick of bringing a steak out on a 1000 degree plate that sizzles hot grease all over you. If I wanted this type of meal, I would go to a Japanese steakhouse.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank TerryJoan
Shannon P, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your candid feedback, Terry. While I am very happy to hear that you think our service is excellent, I sincerely apologize that your recent dining experiences were not up to our normal standards of food and gracious hospitality. I am particularly disappointed that we failed to make these dinners the wonderful special occasion celebrations you were expecting. Please rest assured that I take your comments very seriously, and know that I will use this opportunity to review our standards with our culinary and host teams to ensure your experiences are not repeated.

Furthermore, I would love the opportunity to discuss your recent dining experiences with you personally and in greater detail. If you are so inclined, please feel free to reach out to me directly, spenn@ruthschris.net or 423.602.7562. Our team always strives to provide guests with the superior dining experience you have come to expect from Ruth’s Chris Steak House. I plan to put your feedback to good use, and I look forward to continuing this conversation.

Best regards,

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Excellent, All Around”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My wife had scallops and salad. She said the scallops were extremely delicious and the salad was fresh with with fantastic blue cheese dressing.
I enjoyed a butter tender ribeye, rare of course, with the best potatoes lyonnaise started off with a generous Caesar Salad accompanied by really good bread.
We finished the meal with the very best Creme Brûlée.
Sarah was a very attentive and pleasant server as was the other members of the service staff.

1 Thank Gunny214
Shannon P, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thanks for the fantastic review! It's wonderful hearing that you and your wife enjoyed the food so much and felt the service was top notch as well. I hope you'll join us for another meal again soon!

All the best,
Clearwater, FL
“Perfect filets, expert service”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a big group for dinner the evening before an all day meeting. We started with seared scallops and shrimp appetizers, can't go wrong, everyone loved em. Had the incredible Ruths chopped salad, loved it. We all had filets and they were perfect, I always love the look on someone's face the first time they eat at Ruths. We had two that night. Never seen "fried potatoes" in a ruths before but they offered it as a side. We ordered one as well as the asparagus. The fried potatoes were a hit. After this outstanding meal no way we passed on dessert, I had the chocolate sin cake. It is appropriately named, trust me. It should be said our lead server Hazel was a true professional. Great advice, gracious service. Marvelous evening.

• Visited June 2014
Shannon P, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Delicious food and excellent service? Sounds like a perfect night out to us! Thanks for the glowing review, and I hope you'll join us again the next time you're in Chattanooga.

Take care,
tennessee
“another great ruths chris location”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location, great service, and super food. Had a meeting scheduled here, they were very helpful, would repeat the visit.

Visited June 2014
Shannon P, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thanks for the wonderful recommendation! It's fantastic to hear that you thought the food, service and atmosphere were exemplary of the highest Ruth's Chris standards. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
“We didnt actually EAT here - Couldnt get over the unfriendly staff”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I went out for a date night recently and decided to try Ruth's Chris. We have been to just about every restaurant in Chattanooga and are attempting to have a meal at every one! We did not make a reservation but I have never seen anything that indicated reservations were required. When I travel I usually see Ruth's Chris' attached to hotels and I see travelers going in and out and it always appears to cater to a business casual/traveler crowd. First off let me begin by saying this restaurant is not in a "NICE" part of town - its mall adjacent. We pulled up and the parking attendant informed us that we had to valet because the hotel was busy. We went into the restaurant and there were several people waiting around, however, looking into the dining area it was completely empty. My husband approached the hostess stand and the hostess just stared at him. We asked for a table for two and she asked if we had a reservation. We told her no and then she said sorry they were full for the night. Well - I suppose full is a relative term because every table I saw was empty. After a few moments of awkwardness she informed us that we could look to see if a table was available in the bar - like most restaurants these tables are first come first serve. We went into the bar and most of the tables were full - I suppose everyone else also came without a reservation and was herded into the bar to make room for the imaginary customers in the dining room. After looking around the bar and encountering even more unfriendly staff we decided we could go to any number of less pretentious Chattanooga restaurants for a nice steak - and we did.

So to be fair I didn't eat the food. However, when I go out to eat I want to be comfortable - I want service. When we walked into the Restaurant we should have been greeted and made to feel welcome by the host/hostess after all isn't that their job (and there were 4 of them standing at the hostess stand there was plenty of opportunity for someone to get it right). From the moment I walked in I felt uncomfortable. The staff were unfriendly and unwelcoming. I wont go back - there are tons of amazing restaurants in Chattanooga that aren't pretentious chain restaurants.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Natalie A
Shannon P, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
As you can imagine, it is disheartening to read your review, Natalie. The last thing I want to hear is that you felt uncomfortable or unwelcome when you visited; I sincerely apologize that your experience at our restaurant was not up to our normal standards of service and gracious hospitality. I am particularly disappointed that we failed to make this special dinner the wonderful date night you were expecting.

Please rest assured that I take your comments very seriously, and know that I will use this opportunity to review our service standards with our team to ensure your experiences are not repeated. Furthermore, I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally about your recent experience. If you are so inclined, please reach out to me directly, spenn@ruthschris.net or 423.602.7562.

While mistakes happen, we're not in the business of making them habits -- you can count on a better experience next time. Thanks again for the candid comments, and I look forward to continuing this conversation.

All the best,