“Good but not Great” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of J Alexander's Restaurant

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 822 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shallowford and Hamilton Place Blvd.
Georgia
“Good but not Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I agree with some of the other reviewers on this one. The food is good but for the money you spend you expect something better than good. By the looks of the menu compared to what everybody ate, the prices are about $5-$10 per entree above what they should be, plus the salad is an extra $5. I must say that the atmosphere matches the prices, very cozy and romantic. They just need to bring the prices down a notch to match the food step up the food a couple of notches to match the price....

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank milehighatlanta

“Too pricey for a regular restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

The food was good, but it wasn't that good. Not $40 a plate good. You're better off going to TGI Fridays. That's what this place reminded me of.

Visited January 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Overpriced, especially at lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Service was incredible, but ambiance has a feel of a hotel restaurant along with prices which do not justify the portions or taste. Will maybe try dinner before I write off going back completely.

Visited March 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Slow service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

My salad hit the table before my drink did. It was the wrong order. Waitress seemed stressed and as I looked around I felt like I was in a Friday's. Nashville locations are better.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dalton, Georgia
“It's a good place for the occasional meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We ate here with our children over the last holiday season and enjoyed ourselves. Our server was both helpful and inattentive. Overall the service was pretty good but I never really enjoy eating in restaurants with this kind of service. Just a tad bit condescending.

The food was good (except for the artichoke appetizer, skip that) and the Salmon was exceptional. We found ourselves sharing our dishes so each of us could try the various offerings.

The decor was nice and the room was very dark with spots on the tables. Nice I suppose for dates and the more trendy diners but I would have liked a little more lighting with kids.

When the bill came I longed for a cheeseburger. This is not an inexpensive restaurant. So be prepared for sticker shock. Dinner for 4 ran well beyond $100. I will be back. but probably without the kids.

• Visited December 2011