“Great place for an afternoon tea!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of English Rose

English Rose
Ranked #74 of 827 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the renovated, historic, Grand Hotel, circa, 1897, in downtown Chattanooga. We have been in business since 1997. We offer a decidedly British cuisine with an American flair.
Georgia, United States
“Great place for an afternoon tea!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have visited the English Rose on several occasions and have thoroughly enjoyed it every time. The tea is excellent, the china is beautiful, the atmosphere is warm and the staff is helpful and friendly. Their lunch selections are delicious and their scones are some of the best I have had. The only reason I did not rate them a five is because I think their prices on some of the smaller food items, such as the scones and the afternoon tea tray, are a little much for what you get. No complaints on the quality of the food, the service and the atmosphere, though. Great place!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Laura W
happytravelr, Manager at English Rose, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words and your business. We look forward to serving you again.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Wondeful Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Although not designed for children, the women were wonderfully sweet and very patient with my daughter as we enjoyed a late lunch. The Victorian Tea was wonderful and worth the price. The inside was beautifully designed and the cups and dishes were all spotless and exquisite. Wish we lived closer so we could make this a weekly adventure!

Visited October 2013
happytravelr, Manager at English Rose, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We value our customers. We look forward to serving you again, sometime.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Cute, cozy atmosphere, but the service is slow!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I really wanted to love this place, and was excited to hear about it, since I love tea, and have visited the UK many times. It was fun to experience, and the historic atmosphere was lovely. We waited a long time to get our food though, and then had to wait a long time - again - to pay at the front. Not sure if I'd return or not, primarily due to the slow service. The authentic china teapots and cups, the atmosphere, and the attention to detail were very nice, and it's great for a mother-daughter type of experience, but be prepared to wait awhile - especially on a Saturday!

• Visited September 2013
We are sorry you had such poor service. We pride ourselves not only on our food, but personal service, as well. Saturday's can be very busy. We thank you for your review and will try to do better. We hope you come back and give us another chance. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.
Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic English Tea Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was introduced to the English Rose by my friends from Alabama who spoke very highly of the English Rose. I live in Marietta, Ga and two of my friends and I joined our Alabama connection for lunch to celebrate their birthdays. We all enjoyed our food, lovely china, and atmosphere. The service was very good but I expected our appetizer plates to be picked up when our main course was brought. The pleasant music was a little too loud for conversation but our server turned down the sound. Our delicious, beautifully appointed lunch was completed with a surprise treat for the birthday honorees.

• Visited July 2013
Lookout Mtn, GA
“English Tear Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Excellent service and excellent food. It is a very cozy English tea room with an expremely pleasant atmosphere.

Visited September 2012