“Tasty, authentic Italian food”

Tony's Pasta Shop & Trattoria
Ranked #33 of 827 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, View, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Tasty, authentic Italian food”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I were in Chattanooga and had planned to go on a riverboat cruise for the afternoon and to eat a late lunch there, but we didn't make reservations in advance and ended up walking along the river and ended up in the Bluff View Art District. I love Italian food myself but didn't think he would want it for a late lunch, but my husband suggested it, so off to Tony's we went. There was a decent crowd inside and in the outdoor seating area, but we were seated immediately. To be honest, our server was nice but a little slow in checking back to fill our water glasses, checking on us after he brought our entrees, and bringing our check after we finished. The quality of the food made up for it, though. My husband ordered the spaghettini carbonara and a caesar salad, and I ordered the traditional lasagna. He said it was the best caesar salad he's ever had, and the bread that we received with olive oil and grated cheese was divine. I've never had olive oil with grated cheese before, but the taste, texture, and quality of cheese was incredible, and I've eaten a lot of different types of cheeses in my day. My husband's spaghettini carbonara tasted and smelled delicious with perfectly cooked bacon throughout the pasta and sauce. My lasagna was one of the best lasagna dishes I've ever had as well. Having said that, to be honest, even though the food was delicious, I felt it was a tad bit overpriced since the entrees came with no salad. Even a small side salad would have made the meal complete, but I thought it was ridiculous that my husband paid $5, almost half the price of his entree, just to get a salad. I would probably give Tony's three stars instead of four, because of the slow service and the omission of a salad with each entree, if the food weren't so darn good. But it IS good Italian food. And if we're ever in Chattanooga again, we will probably go back to Tony's.

Potters Bar, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Unless you are in to meat and sea food, the menu is very limited. The aircon. was on despite the weather being chilly. We moved once but it was no better. The service and the food were average but the prices were above average. We went there on our last night in Chattanooga because it was a one minute walk from where we were staying. We should have gone elsewhere.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ater42
New Orleans, Louisiana
“If you're in the mood for Italian, it's a good place to go!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Good sized portions, friendly staff, overall a nice place to try while in the Bluff district. We are glad we took the locals' advice and stopped here for lunch.

Sacramento, CA
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I love Italian food, and have tried virtually all of the Italian restaurants in the Chattanooga area, and although Tony's is pretty good, it's definitely not the best Italian food in Chattanooga. It's one of those places that is very trendy, located in a trendy part of town, and is known more for its name and reputation than the food. First, be prepared to wait for a table. A very long time. An hour wait for a table is not uncommon. I'm sure it's not as bad on weekdays, but it's a zoo on weekends. Once you get around the location, the crowd, and the trendiness, you get to the actual food, which is pretty good. But because I'm spoiled with having discovered an amazing off-the-beaten-path Italian restaurant in Chattanooga (Flavors of Italy in Soddy-Daisy), a place like Tony's just doesn't hold up. But that's not to say it's not good, it's just that with better Italian food in town, it's hard to justify dealing with the crowds and wait time for inferior food. The prices are surprisingly low, however, so that is a plus. And if you insist on only staying downtown, it's probably the best. But for locals or visitors that are willing to leave downtown, Flavors of Italy is simply much better.

Dalton, Ga
“House-made pasta”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Tony's is a mainstay on my family's Italian short list. They have a great location, broad menu, great flavor, ample portions and nice character. The array of house-made pastas and sauces can make it difficult to choose your meal, but I've never been disappointed in all my dozens of visits. With the breads and oil they bring when you sit down and the hearty portions, I've never had room for dessert. The dining area is casual, so don't expect linens, but do expect great food.