“Just what we expected”

Waffle House 7018 Shallowford
Ranked #188 of 846 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our eggs, waffles and hash browns. Very nice people dining with us at breakfast. Waitress was very friendly. We will return when we are coming through Chattanooga at breakfast time.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I mean there's nothing like a down south Waffle House. I went to take a picture of a 'advertisement' in the place to post on social network and I think the staff got nervous I was "up" to something. One staff member actually came from behind the counter to investigate what I was photographing. I guess tourist don't come through as often at the local.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was on a recent trip to Chattanooga with my friend and staying at a nearby hotel. From the outside everything seems normal, but once you get inside that's when things get interesting. It turns out that the cast of Breaking Bad works and eats at this Waffle House. Seriously, we played "guess whose not on meth." First, we couldn't sit where we would have preferred because the staff had used that area for their jackets, food, and drinks. So seated at the bar we placed our order. Our waitress was competent enough, but she had to wait to relay our order to the cook until he could put his cell phone down. While we were waiting another waitress got into a verbal exchange with the cook about a situation from the previous night (I can go into more detail about it because it was shouted out three feet from where I was sitting). When our food arrived my order was wrong. I was supposed to have chilli and they had forgotten it. I mentioned it and it was easily corrected. Then I bit into my hashbrowns and there were onions which I have an aversion to. I didn't bother bringing this up as I could eat around them. I had also ordered a bacon cheese steak sandwich. I noticed right off the bat that one side was all bacon and the other was all cheese steak. Halfway through dinner we noticed some increased activity with waitresses going outside to the parking lot and then back in and cell phones being passed around and it gave us a very uneasy feeling. We got our check and got out as soon as we could.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Food was the same as you'd get at any Waffle House. The only real complaint I had were the ants that seemed to be coming in through a crack under a windowsill. We sat in one of the booths that overlook the side parking lot.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were the only ones in there and we got our food super fast, it was so greasy we had to take napkins to blot the eggs, hashbrowns. There is always drunk homeless people loitering outside.