“Nice!!!”

Chattanooga National Cemetery
Ranked #14 of 152 things to do in Chattanooga
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I took my son and nephew to visit my mother at the national cemetery and they had a really nice experience.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"god bless america"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 July 2014

It's a national cemetery, so don't expect fancy markers. However, if you "collect" cemeteries like I do, and value the history that can be found in them, this one has some special monuments. If you are just looking for a little peace in the chaos of your journey, this is a great place to walk, or sit, and find peace. There are a lot of folks around, but they won't bother you (if you don't bother them).

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was amazing to drive around the cemetery on Memorial Day and see all the flags. It was beautiful and gave us a great experience to tell our children about our veterans. Very moving day!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a beautiful cemetery. It's well laid out and well kept. Lots of history here. You can just sit and ponder over all the one who fought for what we believe in and stand for. My dad and I attended a funeral for a fellow World War II comrade and it was spectacular. Attention to detail, honor, respect.... Wow!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This cemetery is just so beautiful--well-kept, peaceful (and right in the middle of a VERY busy area) and a wonderful place for reflection and prayer. We go there at least twice a month just to say a special prayer for our servicemen and women and their families that are buried there. The Memorial Day Walking Tour is really something to see and do and we recommend it highly!